insect reacted to shooter in Reflex 1.0.5
Get your hot-fixes!
Fixed vertex colours on colossal arms LOD Another pass on jumppad effects (this needs a re-work, it's still heavy on GPU) Matchmaking Improvements:
After everyone readies up at the MM screen, if you disconnect the game will continue without you, and you'll likely lose MMR (unless your team wins for you :p) Moved Brazil servers to a better host General Improvements:
Added fall-back for edge case caused by MM server update, if you connect to MM now and are already in the "finding/preparing/connect to server state", the client will correctly skip straight to it Client no-longer extrapolates remote spectators Gameplay Improvements:
Spectator name change notification now hidden for players in MM servers when match in play Spectator join/leave game notification now hidden for players in MM servers when match in play Spectator roll notification now hidden for players in MM servers when match in play Spectators no-longer see team chat Aerowalk: fixed clip issue at RA, thickened a couple of clips, built new nav data When killed by world (i.e. lava), the next spawn will now avoid the last person that did damage to you (wherever they are now). Or if there is no such person, it'll avoid your dead body. (For the record: when suiciding (via command line, or rocket to face), The next spawn will avoid your dead body) Bot improvements:
Now only check player spawn points when they have an enemy die Now frantically want to respawn instead of waiting for respawn timer UI improvements:
ArmorBar widget: re-ordered slider options, added center font option (default on, off = left align) HealthBar widget: re-ordered slider options, added center font option (default on, off = right align) Unified options across ArmorBar and HealthBar widgets Fixed typo "specatators can not vote at this time" Warning about loss when hovering over disconnect icon in MM game no-longer appears after game has ended. Pickup timers are now provided to lua when playing a competitive ruleset replay
insect reacted to GoaLitiuM in Small suggestions/bugs
Sorry for the huge list but here it goes... (and I realized not all of these are "small suggestions", I just listed everything I could think of):
borderless windowed mode (come on it's 2017 and no native support for borderless mode?) switch to borderless mode when leaving fullscreen, and automatically enter fullscreen when receiving focus again (as cvar?) built in resolution scaling option (similar to Nvidia DSR and AMD VSR), which only affects rendering of the scene (render UI at native/viewport resolution) as @insect pointed out, some geometry and lighting can cause extreme pixel walking, so having option for higher end PCs to render at higher resolution would be nice to have this would also help low end PC users to prevent UI getting stretched and hard to read at lower resolutions remove "Press Escape to Continue" screen, or allow us to skip it (with cvar or LUA) cvar to control which demo will be used as menu background instead of menu.rep (and option to disable it completely instead of removing menu.rep every time game update decides to replace it) more server browser filtering options (filter by game mode, ping, password protection I'm blind...) map editor stuff: allow placing spawn points for bots bots should always spawn at these locations (restricted to training mode only to not complicate things) or alternatively allow placing bots directly in the map (like turrets) respawning shootables with configurable respawn time LUA wishlist: expose cl_replaymarker notifications to LUA (for replay marker popup widget) add support for widget console commands (triggers a callback in LUA side when pressed and released) streamlines development of most command based widgets (no more reading cvar values at draw() function every frame) makes it easier to implement widgets like zooming that relies on +showscores hacks makes it possible to implement alias command via LUA allow widget cvars to be named after anything (no longer restricted to ui_<widget>_<variable>) as a security measure, disallow names starting with cl_, sv_, r_ prefixes upon registering the new cvar, throw an lua error if trying to register cvar with already reserved name bindReverseLookup: return list of keys bound to this command expose all console messages to LUA (kinda risky but do want, enables custom console widgets?) EDIT: few more...
support passing console commands via program launch parameters (dedicated server supports this already) track player.stats and player.weaponStats during warmup
insect got a reaction from GoaLitiuM in Small suggestions/bugs
I haven't play reflex much, so my list is a bit different Mainly things that make it hard to convert from QL. Plus some minor stuff.
For start. No "press esc to continue" screen at start (is it needed?)
- MSAA (and then SSAA) support or built-in downsampling. Maps have a lot of geometry that is flickering with distance, postprocessing AA can't fix that.
- gamma settings for map and player models
- lightning percentage option, 1=100%, and 0 would be like after r_lm_clear
- r_sun_intensity - support for values below 1
- r_hbao percentage, maybe in range from 0 to double the current amount
- dynamic lights setting for weapon fire/explosions, separate from r_effects_quality
- r_decals independent of r_effects_quality
- option to disable screen vignette effect
- Textures support for mappers. With options to make it look like now - texture visibility percentage, or very blurred mipmap (like in q3/ql).
Offline training with all maps downloaded from workshop available. Currently maps are split in 2 places
and offline uses only reflex dir. I have some maps duplicated or even different versions, like:
- Physics config - So it would be possible to set it all, with presets q3, ql, cpma, reflex etc. Maybe even with strafe curve setting.
- customizable bots play - follow, static bot, 1 weapon bot, bot acccuracy, reaction time settings
- same key bind for different actions (like mouse wheel for weapons in game and cycle players in spectate)
- zoom fov setting and bind
- r_shadow_quality 2 - is almost 2x more taxing and looks very similar to r_shadow_quality 1
insect reacted to newborn in Reflex 0.43.1
Fixed server browser player list preview Fixed issue where com_logfilename was not working correctly sv_startruleset now works as expected Fix crash on editor redo operation Removed microjitter on camera introduced after recent netcode optimisations
insect got a reaction from klyph0rd in fullbright and picmip?
I didn't know there's the clear mode, I used sweetfx postprocessing to get good map visibility.
The other command r_lm_showprobes can also be extended into something fun, moving around the particles gives nice 3D feeling.
Options I'd like for best visibility:
- allow amount of lightmap to mix with the clear look
- independent brightness control for map and models
- brightness cap for map - so lights could be dimmed
With the post processing I went further - lights turned off
https://www.dropbox.com/s/128ehcddrjvhhb5/3 lightmap %2B pp.jpg?dl=0
* also option to disable screen vignette
insect got a reaction from Ohm sweet in Reflex 0.36.0 - Cofe Time for in talk English
I still don't get why you have to remove textures. In my install there's 1148MB in *.textureset files. Why waste it all? You can stop working on new textures and move to more important stuff, but removing support for them altogether is a bad idea. Not everyone is a fan of cartoon style.
A few things concerning visibility:
- no gamma control - sometimes it's way to dark, black on blackness
- no support for real AntiAliasing. I'd like to use SuperSampling to remove flickering lines
- flickering items
- no textures - sometimes a few surfaces in the same color merge, so geometry is less visible. Shadows, SSAO, or outlining objects edges may help that, but at an extra processing cost.