shooter

Performance, the quest for a higher frame rate.

Question

80 answers to this question

Right when one of my most anticipated games is about to drop my main gaming-rig is in repair-stage -.-...

Now I have but one question: Will the game run 125 FPS in 1680x1050@120hz with a C2D Q6600 4GB DDR2-800 RAM and a Radeon HD5770 with 1GB of GDDR5 VRAM?

Right when one of my most anticipated games is about to drop my main gaming-rig is in repair-stage -.-...

Now I have but one question: Will the game run 125 FPS in 1680x1050@120hz with a C2D Q6600 4GB DDR2-800 RAM and a Radeon HD5770 with 1GB of GDDR5 VRAM?

Nope.

Nope.

Is the CPU the bottleneck here or the GPU? If it's the GPU I can upgrade to a GTX 750Ti with 2GB GDDR5 right now.

Don't know about a Core 2 Duo but for most people, the GPU will be the bottleneck 99% of the time.

If you're worried about performance, probably best to wait until its available and then get feedback from other players about the FPS they get with their specs. Unfortunately, we don't have all the hardware laying around to test all these different configurations ;)

Don't know about a Core 2 Duo but for most people, the GPU will be the bottleneck 99% of the time.

If you're worried about performance, probably best to wait until its available and then get feedback from other players about the FPS they get with their specs. Unfortunately, we don't have all the hardware laying around to test all these different configurations ;)

Thx a lot, like I said I can upgrade the GPU easily since my main GPU is just sitting on my table while I get my mainboard replacement for the main gaming rig. With the CPU it's not that easy :/...

Hi

I'll post my results with my trusty GTX580/2600k and HD7850/2500k setups as soon as I get my hands on a playable version. :)

Soon ™

not meaning to threadjack, but i'm hoping for shadowplay support "out of the box". putting gameplay vids on youtube is a must to spread the good word.

There are good enough recording alternatives that can be used by everybody, that's not a very good use of their time especially in early alpha

My rig's pretty similar to WTF and I don't plan on upgrading. If I can run reflex on low settings but still high FPS I'll try it but otherwise not.

Oh man, the perfect excuse to upgrade my GPU. That, and the fact that the idiotic thing isn't letting me use OpenGL features in Photoshop any more for some reason.

So after some testing, i think performance is totally fine for my system (I7 2670qm, GTX 485m):

720p, no dynamic lights/shadows -> 120 FPS. Sometimes weird stutter though. Guess with optimization 1080p should be fine :).

Regards

I can't get the game to run whatsoever, I get 1FPS and it crashes after about 30 seconds, anyone else having the same problem?

FX6300, GTS250 (don't laugh)

Try to lower your resolution, it has always been a good way to increase a lot framerates. First I set a resolution of 1280x720, but I had some FPS lags where there are open roofs. So now it's set to 800x600, it's a bit weird but I can play it without any FPS drops.

My config : Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz / RAM 8,00 Go / GTX 560M

what about a macbook pro from 2010? with win7 in bootcamp

-AMD Radeon HD 6400M -Intel® Core™ i7-2635QM CPU @ 2.00GHz

im on a 2013 air with i7, intel HD5000, and 8gb ram. there's pretty severe performance issues, it'll bounce between 20-120fps but it's roughly playable with the settings mentioned above especially in solo, good enough for jumping around and getting a feel for things. looking forward to more optimization down the road, maybe an option for us to turn of reflections? still its a great excuse to go ahead and build a pc

I can't get the game to run whatsoever, I get 1FPS and it crashes after about 30 seconds, anyone else having the same problem?

Also for me(same graphics card, q6600 processor)

GPU requirements are on steam page for a reason  :) Seems a few are having this issue, I need to track down the crash logs and see what's going on.

Ran Reflex on an i5, HD 6670 setup, can get around 60FPS consistently during firefights. On an i7 4770k, GTX 650 setup I get 125FPS most of the time, though very heavy fights can drop it to 100.

Will we be able to use higher values than 125 for fps later on? I am so used to the smooth 250fps on quake ;) I get 125fps if the fights aren't heavy on a GTX660.

Will we be able to use higher values than 125 for fps later on? I am so used to the smooth 250fps on quake ;) I get 125fps if the fights aren't heavy on a GTX660.

You already can! Open the console and type com_maxfps [value] to up the maximum fps possible.

Are there any plans to offer something like the competitive settings in ql? It should make it a lot easier to achieve ideal fps for this game - I can only play if I downscale to 640x512 which isn't exactly pleasant.