US#2 semis - G01 Necrophag1st vs grape

http://youtu.be/1He8sRRXzA0

update out: fixed visuals to get 0.30 look and added some spotlights

Updated on all turbopixel servers

Got my first overtime in Reflex on dp5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y297GvVKd4g

p.s. I love this map.

def likes this

Rail spawn is broken (sometimes extremely bad, sometimes extremely good, rarely middle ground).

Discuss.

Rail spawn is broken (sometimes extremely bad, sometimes extremely good, rarely middle ground).

Discuss.

It's just a BRILLIANT map in general.

UPDATE

Latest 20 mins ago theme rework with real textures

updated on all phgp servers, have fun guys =)

Stalast and DraQu like this

Looks quite fine for what you can work with atm. With different textures here and there + decals which will hopefully be comming ....this can look quite nice.

def likes this

Direction this style is headed should fit the map well. My friends looked at the latest version of dp5 too and they thought it was looking pretty good. Still ways to go but progress is great. Cloud effect blocks rockets and cause some silly close enough midairs for the map. Maybe move those higher? It feels odd for rockets to explode there.

def likes this

if you are talking about the roof fog and or gothic window fog, it should be fixed with next update. i told electro to make the texture fluid like water, so there should be no problem with it any more

Warlord Wossman likes this

hey def, 

new textures are awesome, but I suggest you remove the red smoke coming out of the ground, it hinders your vision, I'm not sure about other ppl, but I dont like it at all

mistergreen

def likes this

hey def, 

new textures are awesome, but I suggest you remove the red smoke coming out of the ground, it hinders your vision, I'm not sure about other ppl, but I dont like it at all

mistergreen

same.. :D i talked with electro and he said it will probably disabled with effect_quality set to low next patch

Electro - if you could have a separate convar to control map smoke so that people who want r_effect_quality 2 don't need to have a completely different set of settings for def maps, that'd be nice. :D

Also raised this with def but it's a general point too - the chain clinking sounds are infuriatingly distracting (and the other sounds aren't that great either). Is there any chance of a convar to turn all ambient sounds off? It's a pain to have to replace all my sound files.

Stalast likes this

Electro - if you could have a separate convar to control map smoke so that people who want r_effect_quality 2 don't need to have a completely different set of settings for def maps, that'd be nice. :D

Also raised this with def but it's a general point too - the chain clinking sounds are infuriatingly distracting (and the other sounds aren't that great either). Is there any chance of a convar to turn all ambient sounds off? It's a pain to have to replace all my sound files.

what this man said, the chain sound... it doesn't add anything really and is just annoying/distracting, its a poor sound effect that doesnt blend in

ps: I know it sounds like im only complaining, but the new textures are awesome! I just dont like the red smoke and chain sfx

mistergreen

chain sfx should be fixed with last reflex update

also lava smoke can be disabled with effect quality low now

i will remove the cloudy sky asap, coz it hasnt been "fixed" yet

will also clip ra+mega stairs like in ya room and expand the clip for lava bulleye at ra to the whole wall to not get stuck there

just fyi, will be done soon ;-)

DraQu likes this