def

duel
[dp5] furnace

177 posts in this topic

Latest release is on reflexfps.net.au servers.

Thanks def!

def likes this

UPDATE OUT

10 0 secs ago removed cloudy sky, added more clipping

sorry for removing the industrial looking sky clouds, but this texture wont be changed to have no clip, so i have to remove it and wait for another

all ares fullclipped now, (stairs red/mega, YA area, RA lava bulleye wall)

will be updated on all phgp servers in a few minutes

all phgp and turbopixel servers updated

edit: forgot to remove the clouds on top of RA zone, updated again. sorry

download

updated on reflexfiles. no need to download if u have valid lightmap. its just for those who destroyed the lightmap out of the reflex branch

Very nice work fht and def. I updated it to my servers but didnt really got the time yet to look into it. I have seen an quik video and its looking nice. Looking forward tonight when I get back and to play some dp5. 

Good Job guys. Gonna drink an beer to cheers on both of you guys.

CHEERS !

def and fht like this

logically i also have massive fps lags after the update, but the map looks pretty. You nailed the theme, even the background is pretty nice. German efficiency !

Map looks awesome now but kills my fps, so I can't play on it. GG

even on low settings? :/ that makes me sad​

logically i also have massive fps lags after the update, but the map looks pretty. You nailed the theme, even the background is pretty nice. German efficiency !

​in this case u are wrong, its swiss efficiency :P

​Is there a setting to turn down meshes?

​there are mesh quality settings but the gothic meshes haven't been optimised yet (lods)

amd fx 6300, 8 gb ram, gt 630 and still can\t play on it on low settings and overclocked gpu.... I think it\s not optimized

amd fx 6300, 8 gb ram, gt 630 and still can\t play on it on low settings and overclocked gpu.... I think it\s not optimized

​can u play dp4 or bdm3 on lowest settings?

i mean not only setting the low-preset. i mean really everything manually on lowest / disabled

Edited by def

i am just a bit confused coz on my pretty mid/low hardware its running fine

i5-3570k, radeon 7850, 8gbram, ssd

i am just a bit confused coz on my pretty mid/low hardware its running fine

i5-3570k, radeon 7850, 8gbram, ssd

​GT 630 is a really low end graphics card, that's why. Anyone with a PC from the last 4 years that isn't super low end should be fine, framerate-wise. But yeah, obviously the more asset optimisation the better. Sure, it's a detailed map, but that's what all maps will be like when Reflex is done so people should really be anticipating the performance hit anyway.

If anyone gets anything less than 300 fps, the gameplay experience is really quite poor due to the framerate-dependant mouse input as it is right now. Once that gets fixed, there should be a lot less complaints about performance, as anything around 120 fps should play completely fine unlike now.

People, calm your tits about the map's 'performance'. It's the game's performance, not the map's. Asset optimisation, mouse input fixes and less ancient graphics cards will all help with the performance. Until then, just play the old version.

Edited by Stalast
PJC and Electro like this