def

duel
[dp5] furnace

177 posts in this topic

Thank you very much for this performance art style, really neat.

No more fps drops and freezes.

dp5 is now one of the best map if not the best with thct7.

Would love to see dp4 getting the same treatment.

def likes this

3 minutes ago, Ramagan said:

Thank you very much for this performance art style, really neat.

No more fps drops and freezes.

dp5 is now one of the best map if not the best with thct7.

Would love to see dp4 getting the same treatment.

we will see if fht is in the mood some time again.

but nice to hear

nice tricks, sweet sound! movement keys would be highly appreciated, though.

i can think of two jumps missing right away :)

- double jump to YA from the stairs towards upper RL, around the corner

- triple jump to YA from the stairs towards PR via 25HP ledge

GREAT MAP, btw!

i created some experimental versions of the map and need some feedback

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0gspcUQg85TmJuYldNeXdDdkk/view?usp=sharing

version1: dp5_window (has a window from PG/YA room to upper mid room)

version2: dp5_hallway (has a connection from PG/YA room to upper red area)

version3: dp5_rail (has a connection from PG/YA room to rail)

keep in mind its just concepts and are open for changes

updated v1 and v2

also added a new v3 which adds the window back, just a bit different than the pre-workshop builds

if u want to try them on any server just type "furnace" in the textfield and they will show up

added v4 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724297129

so there is a lot of shit around now. lets sort out what is what to help u a little

v1: little corridor from YA to rail. rail platform is splashable and i switched pg with sg

v2: hallway from YA to upper RA area with a SG on the way. has a little gap in the wall to shoot in and out

v3: between both 25hp ledges in mid and YA room there is a window that can be used in many ways. also switched pg with sg

v4: removed the wall on top of the entrace between YA (rail) and RA. added little stairs to YA so its possible to jump to YA from 25hp ledge (mid room), from rail platform and all the way back

matt_au and Ramagan like this

fixed clippings and closed all platform surrounding gaps with fullclips. also removed texture error messages

Ramagan likes this

After seeing this map a whole lot in the dp5 masters tourney I have a suggestion for it. Seems like a large amount of frustration is caused by the linked teles between mega and lg yellow room. People spamming or going back and forth fast is not fun because it's frustrating for the in control player and unsatisfying for the out of control player with such a chance for telefrags. If the teleport exit point on the megahealth side was moved a little further towards the mega it would mean that it would take a second to go back through the tele. This change would also reduce accidental hopping back and forth in a chaotic fight for less randomness overall.  

Def seemed to like the idea and wanted to know what you guys thought.

drowntheemo, Jaguar and yakcyll~ like this

10 hours ago, DazedSpartan said:

After seeing this map a whole lot in the dp5 masters tourney I have a suggestion for it. Seems like a large amount of frustration is caused by the linked teles between mega and lg yellow room. People spamming or going back and forth fast is not fun because it's frustrating for the in control player and unsatisfying for the out of control player with such a chance for telefrags. If the teleport exit point on the megahealth side was moved a little further towards the mega it would mean that it would take a second to go back through the tele. This change would also reduce accidental hopping back and forth in a chaotic fight for less randomness overall.  

Def seemed to like the idea and wanted to know what you guys thought.

As one of the original layout editors I'll say that is a pretty good point. Narrow hallway from mega to teleport which is linked on other portal is kinda bad on hindsight. Players are most likely going to cross over the tele destination there which is risky. I guess linked teleporters should have open space around them to not be as annoying. I'm okay with changes, do what you guys think is the best.

ye so when i understood this is what dazed has talked about

tOUShhS.png

ps: i just added bot support for furnace ;)

Maybe making a small alcove for the tele exit would be best, to get it completely out of the way of the entrance?

i dont really understand what u mean. can u do a quick painting?

I'm hesitant to changes when it comes to maps that are already pretty established like Furnace although I do understand the problem. I don't feel there's a need to do it. If it's something that peeps find really needs addressing then it's worth trying but the implications of changing the tele-exit closer to MH aren't necessarily immediately noticeable. Sure it makes it slower to back into the teleporter but it also makes holding MH against attacks through it harder.

yakcyll~, def and fuglaa like this