Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holi

atdm thoughts

12 posts in this topic

Couple of things I noticed when I was playing a bit of atdm.. Spectating your team only should be something that's enforceable? And perhaps spawning close to your mates? At least that's what I'm used to in Clan Arena in warsow...

Also seems like the stake gun is bugged still :) But I just think that's part of the fun right now seeing how hard it is to hit with ;)

Couple of things I noticed when I was playing a bit of atdm.. Spectating your team only should be something that's enforceable? And perhaps spawning close to your mates? At least that's what I'm used to in Clan Arena in warsow...

Hi,

Yes, We had "/speclock blue/red" in Q3 too and of course it's necessary but I'm sure Newborn know that. ;)

For the spawns, that was not "close with your mates" in Q3 and that was never been a problem in Clan War tbh. ;)

Regards

Yeah just what I'm used to I'm guessing, but I'm also used to way larger maps than we're playing on as well so :)

Just thoughts I had while we played nothing else really came to mind as we played and while I'm sure they've already considered those things and planned to address them or or not I might as well mention them since at least the spec thing shouldn't be too hard of a fix and probably a good thing to have in time for the upcoming 2v2 tourney :)

Addictus likes this

The thing is, it's hard to find your team mates in Reflex because you can't make a distinction from sound like in QL/Q3, QL had waypoints (hovering arrows show through walls) to your team mates which also isn't the case in Reflex. I'm pretty sure that's in a way or another a work in a progress though.

The thing is, it's hard to find your team mates in Reflex because you can't make a distinction from sound like in QL/Q3, QL had waypoints (hovering arrows show through walls) to your team mates which also isn't the case in Reflex. I'm pretty sure that's in a way or another a work in a progress though.

Of course without TS! But the game in ATDM-FFA are pretty without teamplay like in the old sweet time of the fun evening... ;)

Maybe it would be possible to have L4D2/CS:GO-esque player outlines through walls? The outlines are already implemented so I don't think it would be too hard to make team outlines be visible through walls.

Mazu likes this

Maybe it would be possible to have L4D2/CS:GO-esque player outlines through walls? The outlines are already implemented so I don't think it would be too hard to make team outlines be visible through walls.

Hum, That should be a little easy (for the players) tbh. :P

Hum, That should be a little easy (for the players) tbh. :P

I don't see how making your own team more visible would be detrimental to competitive play considering you are supposed to know where your teammate(s) is/are and what they're doing anyway. As for public arena games, they're such a shitfest anyway it would improve the experience to understand what's going on.

Or maybe being unable to see properly is part of the ATDM experience? I dunno

I don't see how making your own team more visible would be detrimental to competitive play considering you are supposed to know where your teammate(s) is/are and what they're doing anyway. As for public arena games, they're such a shitfest anyway it would improve the experience to understand what's going on.

Or maybe being unable to see properly is part of the ATDM experience? I dunno

Ok guy,

- Your first point is not correct. In competition the teamplay is an additional skill and we never know befor the "regroup" where are the mates but there is a world of teamplay from the warmup to the fight, and of course after. If you drop that like nothing you drop a really big part of the teamplay because you want to know what to do "right now" but this is one of the most bad idea for this mode (ATDM). The improvisation (and coordination with a vocal server) is in the skill of this mode and a nice teamplay is just beautiful tbh. No need to cheat!

- The experience of the beginners and their pleasure will comming naturally without any cheat! Like for all the old gamers...

What is the thing to cheat for fun seriously?! And after, should the Devs made the game for the children?!

ATDM has a very linear strategic/teamplay world anyway and it barely requires brain power to comprehend the teamplay mechanics. I don't think it would really matter if there was outlines shown, although those might be annoying/distracting ingame. I'm with a ATI/AMD card and had first hand experience with that outline showing through walls bug crap in previous builds, it has no place in a highspeed game like Reflex trust me. I'd rather just go with simple arrows that show on top of the players a la QL. I don't remember anyone (of value) ever complaining about them. 

Ok guy,

- Your first point is not correct. In competition the teamplay is an additional skill and we never know befor the "regroup" where are the mates but there is a world of teamplay from the warmup to the fight, and of course after. If you drop that like nothing you drop a really big part of the teamplay because you want to know what to do "right now" but this is one of the most bad idea for this mode (ATDM). The improvisation (and coordination with a vocal server) is in the skill of this mode and a nice teamplay is just beautiful tbh. No need to cheat!

- The experience of the beginners and their pleasure will comming naturally without any cheat! Like for all the old gamers...

What is the thing to cheat for fun seriously?! And after, should the Devs made the game for the children?!

Are you OK? Who said anything about cheating?