Spannzer

HUD Feedback Thread!

82 posts in this topic

Would you mind explaining what some of the numbers in the middle represent?

Sure thing the 320 is the speedometer, and the 00:12 is the time passed in the current session.

Stalast likes this

http://i.imgur.com/f3ZCg3s.jpg

hi this is a thing I made

I like the round ammo counters... though I'd move the main two bottom bars for health and armour apart and place the "effective health", the 116, with a alpha black background between the two bars in a larger font... then move down the ammo line by the hight of the 116.

HfP4ezb.png

Built this one for personal usage. Let me know how much you hate it.

Health/Armorbar/Weaponrack font! GIMME GIMME <3

MAD_JIHAD likes this

Health/Armorbar/Weaponrack font! GIMME GIMME <3

Thats actually one of the default fonts in the fonts directory. It's called "Volter__28Goldfish_29" there.

Thats actually one of the default fonts in the fonts directory. It's called "Volter__28Goldfish_29" there.

Allright! Found the font and tried to change the line nvgFontFace(blahblah) to  nvgFontFace(Volter__28Goldfish_29on some widgets. Result: It removes the widget from my hud.

Any help is appreciated. <3

ch1LLmA try

nvgFontFace("Volter__28Goldfish_29")

(note the double quotes! You have to pass the font name argument as a string.)

Also, if you change something and it suddenly stops working, check out the console. It will often print a useful error message, which could help you figure out what's going wrong. But in order to get the widget to show again even after fixing the problem I find that I have to restart reflex fully (edit: it will just change your game.cfg to ui_hide_widget, so I guess doing ui_show_widget in the console will also bring back the widget). Presumably because it won't run the widget again after encountering an exception.

ch1LLmA likes this

Looks good. Will there be a download for it anytime soon?

hey it's a constant work in progress so don't be surprised if stuff isn't working but here's a link www.maimbot.com/ui.7z

hud now looks something like this eoySzlB.jpg

timers are obviously a wip, but they auto-sort based on most upcoming spawn and differentiate armors by 1 and 2 (you'll still have to remember which one is 1 and which one is 2, working on a 'label' system next)

weaponrack removes axe, burst, and steak weapons

thanks to qualx + apheleon

maltek, apheleon, Benroads and 1 other like this

2015_05_14_00002.jpg

2015_05_14_00003.jpg

it's a WIP. "Changelog":

- Sound effects when pickup spawns (I know, but a noob like me must have it or I'll get owend so hard...)

- Change crosshair when I change weapon

- Moved back the weapons and centered them

- Tweaked the default bars on armor and health a bit

- Armor and healt warnings near crosshair.

post-1560-0-33478100-1431654783_thumb.jp

Streaming HUD I've been working on, it's mostly other peoples elements I've hacked apart and fiddled with but pretty pleased with where its going direction wise.

2015-05-15_00004.jpg

Streaming HUD I've been working on, it's mostly other peoples elements I've hacked apart and fiddled with but pretty pleased with where its going direction wise.

Big improvement, looks clean and pretty well laid out with a decent amount of information on display with room for more if needed.

Here are some suggestions that could help in my opinion:

Either increase the width of the player name widget on the top left to accommodate larger names, but the better option would be to have it be dynamically adjusted according to the longest name of the two players.

Center the name of the player being spectated in the bottom left if possible.

Standardise the opacity of every widget and standardise the shape of each element (some stuff has rounded edges and some have corners).

Add your ArenaFPS branding or colour scheme to all widgets to truly set your HUD apart from everyone elses and create a more professional look. tehace did an EXTREMELY good job of this for his THC cup VODs if you haven't seen it.

Post screenshots of your in-development HUDs and get feedback!

If you are posting a complete HUD please provide a download link :>

I'll get us started with a little something I'm working on:

fkY1oNK.jpg

I wanted a HUD that I can clearly see in my peripheral vision, something without small numbers that I would have to actively look at to see what the values were. The item timers are not yet finished.

This is exactly what I want. Where can I download this?

Tried my hand at scripting and made a simple scoreboard for playing and spectating 1v1. The style is supposed to match the default HUD.

http://i.imgur.com/ta6qLxb.jpg (bottom left corner)

The scoreboard is hidden when not playing 1v1 and when there are no other players on the server.
The health and armor icons use the same colors as the default health and armor bars.

I'm thinking of adding a score difference but i like the minimalistic look it has right now.

Any feedback is appreciated :)

This is exactly what I want. Where can I download this?

You're in luck, I've just updated it! I'm uploading the new version asap.

Some of the HUDs are really neat! Is there a data base to load em like maps?

Any feedback is appreciated :)

I like it! Wanted to get it first but than I realized its pretty close to the original one. :)

foLigqr.jpg?1

Just a faithful version of my QL hud. No fancy stuff allowed.

​Hey there,

Was wondering if you could add the armor color to the armor icon when you pick it up. Seems stuck on yellow no matter what armor you grab. Cheers! 

​Hey there,

Was wondering if you could add the armor color to the armor icon when you pick it up. Seems stuck on yellow no matter what armor you grab. Cheers! 

​This is already done for the next update but because I have no clue when I'm going to release that, here you go: ArmorBar & HealthBar

Just toggle "Color icon by armor" on in the widget menu

Gangland likes this

​This is already done for the next update but because I have no clue when I'm going to release that, here you go: ArmorBar & HealthBar

Just toggle "Color icon by armor" on in the widget menu

​<3 Awesome! HYPE!

Edited by Gangland