Spannzer

HUD Feedback Thread!

82 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, qufit said:

Sorry man, have trashed it... was it the bars that you were after?

Yeah exactly!

On 2015-10-29 at 3:12 AM, ique said:

I really liked the simple aesthetics of yours (I used the DP_Two hud for a while as well) and just moved the elements around a little.  Will probably be the basis of my hud for a while.

C1Y1pgv.jpg

Awesome! Where can i get this?

On 2016-04-04 at 2:12 PM, Quid said:

Awesome! Where can i get this?

Check out stjuhls original post with the download links. Just make sure the file extensions are correct when downloading so they're not named lua.lua at the end. Then just move the elements around any way you like.

On 2015-08-20 at 4:21 PM, stjuhl said:

Screenshots

Lua files: mat_stack.lua, mat_weapons.lua, mat_clock.lua

I took some inspiration from (aka blatantly ripped off) Qualx's beautiful DP_Two hud design and adapted it to my hud. The code is kinda messy, but it does what I want and I'm very happy with how it looks.

The health/armor/ammo boxes smoothly change colors from white to yellow to red according to the respective values, which I find reads well in peripheral vision. The currently selected weapon is drawn more prominently than the other weapons in the rack. There are options in the "Widgets" menu for the translucency of the boxes.

The clock has an option to count up or down. It also has a toggleable option to show the respawn time of recent pickups. You still have to remember those times, there are no timers or reminders. I only added this to help with learning the respawn times when timing manually. I view it as a slightly more benign crutch than timers for people who struggle with "doing math" when timing items. ;]

Update: added clock during warmup in mat_clock.lua

2 hours ago, ique said:

Check out stjuhls original post with the download links. Just make sure the file extensions are correct when downloading so they're not named lua.lua at the end. Then just move the elements around any way you like.

Thanks, i couldnt find how to load it, but then i found it the widgets menu :)

073LQQ6.jpg

Health bar, armor bar, weapon rack, true health + boltable indicator and there's some damage given, damage done, damage exchanged stuff that aren't shown here.

On 8/20/2015 at 7:21 AM, stjuhl said:

Screenshots

Lua files: mat_stack.lua, mat_weapons.lua, mat_clock.lua

I took some inspiration from (aka blatantly ripped off) Qualx's beautiful DP_Two hud design and adapted it to my hud. The code is kinda messy, but it does what I want and I'm very happy with how it looks.

The health/armor/ammo boxes smoothly change colors from white to yellow to red according to the respective values, which I find reads well in peripheral vision. The currently selected weapon is drawn more prominently than the other weapons in the rack. There are options in the "Widgets" menu for the translucency of the boxes.

The clock has an option to count up or down. It also has a toggleable option to show the respawn time of recent pickups. You still have to remember those times, there are no timers or reminders. I only added this to help with learning the respawn times when timing manually. I view it as a slightly more benign crutch than timers for people who struggle with "doing math" when timing items. ;]

Update: added clock during warmup in mat_clock.lua

As a newbie, I have no idea how to make these files work. Could you walk me through the process of making your hud appear in-game please?

On 4/8/2015 at 5:57 PM, DraQu said:

foLigqr.jpg?1

Just a faithful version of my QL hud. No fancy stuff allowed.

Link for hud please