phgp_zEv

Post your Reflexrun VODs / times

41 posts in this topic

As I was asked where to share Defrag videos / VOD's I thought it would make sense to get a collection going. This will be a collection of records over time. Please include a name above the video so we know before watching the video^^. Here are my shots at RRcup1 and RRbldf1 Happy RR'ing. 

Download Reflexrun over at phgp.tv here

RRcup1: 00:28:00

RRbldf1 00:19:71

quartz and tehace like this

I bow to you Smilecythe :D your skillz are awesome! :D Can't wait to see you play on something not an overclocked calculator in the future

Actually wouldn't be a bad idea to move the ui meter to bottom center and scale it to like 3 perhaps.. Sort of what I did when I was fooling around with you on rrcup3

Nice one adding to the phgp media section now!

Add this one instead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJXrx70NbQ

However, I still think it's possible to shave another second off, if not more. I'll try some more tomorrow.

Nice one adding to the phgp media section now! also, are you telling us to enlarge our ups meter ? xD

Wouldn't be a bad idea, but have it this big as I do by default is an overkill. 

I also made another run as I got bored running it the intended way. I don't think you're supposed to use any weapons on this map, so this isn't a legit run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dRnVooQrV4

phgp_zEv and quartz like this

Add this one instead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJXrx70NbQ

However, I still think it's possible to shave another second off, if not more. I'll try some more tomorrow.

Wouldn't be a bad idea, but have it this big as I do by default is an overkill. 

Done ;)

enau likes this

How are you guys getting the replays? Are you just constantly recording or do you actually use the replay system? If I start a local game (using map) of course no replays get recorded. Do I need to run a local dedicated server?

Also my defrag server doesn't seem to be recording anything. Does it not record during warmup? Or when do replays get saved?

Using cl_replaymarker also doesn't give any kind of console message that a marker has been placed (I've seen these on other servers), further confirming that it isn't recording anything.

Both my local configs and my server config have sv_autorecord 1.

I'm asking because I would quite like to contribute some replays, but currently the laptop I'm using definitely won't be able to record while I'm playing.

Edit: also is there any kind of convention on health/armor and weapon use? In most of these vods posted here people seem to have infinite health/armor, which is quite different than doing it with just the amount that you spawn with in non arena warmup for example. But for now it is definitely really annoying to have to kill yourself manually if you don't use infinite health and armor. 

I would say that before there is an official mode, just use infinite health/armor and ammo (after you picked up the gun).

How are you guys getting the replays?

I personally don't even bother with demos and record my runs with ShadowPlay. But that only works if you have nVidia gfx card. If you're on AMD, I'm not sure if they have anything similar.

I have an nvidia card, might have to try that out then. I've heard that it doesn't really affect performance very much (and tbh reflex runs like butter even on this laptop). Still would like to get replays working as well though :)

AMD has a similar feature if you're on a gcn 1+ card (that is 7970 or newer) with their awful whatever it's called software that sort of mimics steam but is way way worse.. I use OBS and just stream it since twitch saves everything for me for free (With the added bonus of muting the audio so you guys don't have to listen to that terrible music I keep blasting in the background) you could also do the same with hitbox.tv I think but I don't think they mute your videos for you so if you wanna get muted I'd go with twitch.tv instead

How are you guys getting the replays? Are you just constantly recording or do you actually use the replay system? If I start a local game (using map) of course no replays get recorded. Do I need to run a local dedicated server?

Also my defrag server doesn't seem to be recording anything. Does it not record during warmup? Or when do replays get saved?

Using cl_replaymarker also doesn't give any kind of console message that a marker has been placed (I've seen these on other servers), further confirming that it isn't recording anything.

Both my local configs and my server config have sv_autorecord 1.

I'm asking because I would quite like to contribute some replays, but currently the laptop I'm using definitely won't be able to record while I'm playing.

Edit: also is there any kind of convention on health/armor and weapon use? In most of these vods posted here people seem to have infinite health/armor, which is quite different than doing it with just the amount that you spawn with in non arena warmup for example. But for now it is definitely really annoying to have to kill yourself manually if you don't use infinite health and armor. 

I would say that before there is an official mode, just use infinite health/armor and ammo (after you picked up the gun).

A: People are recording locally with software such as OBS fraps etc 

B: Replays start recording at start of the match and save / stop at end of a match 

C: You can see a value of markers in the demo: 1, 2 , 3 markers set 

D: until official race mode, people should do the runs with the weapons available 

Hope that helps ;)

Daan likes this

I have an nvidia card, might have to try that out then. I've heard that it doesn't really affect performance very much (and tbh reflex runs like butter even on this laptop). Still would like to get replays working as well though :)

OBS is the tool that I would recommend if performance is a issue.