phgp_zEv

Post your Reflexrun VODs / times

41 posts in this topic

Wow. I still can't do the whole double-rockets thing, and lose a lot of time manouvering into the platform at the end.

No matter how badly you wiggle in air there, it all comes down to the falling angle and speed. I kept trying to get a little higher from the second rocket boost so that I could get an angle to rocket splash myself down there quicker, but it's hard to get an optimal balance between height + speed and then actually hit the goal ledge. Could probably run it closer to 4 seconds if I tried a little harder, proper cj or doing the first double rocket further back at the start might trim down some milliseconds as well.

(-0:483):

;);)

I feel like there needs to be a rule where you're not allowed to use rockets on the spawn like that, otherwise a lot of maps will have to use this trick to get the best time. It just seems like cheating since you're shooting the first rocket outside of the start and end boundaries of the run.

Maybe you should include the time taken from when you shoot the first rocket... (that was a joke but you get my point)

It's an old defrag trick same as pre-jumping. Most mappers knew how to prevent stuff like this, but in some maps you could be more clever than the mapper. 

A run on kai-racetower using the current fastest known route. Might end up blocking that stake shortcut.

I have a couple questions concerning demo export.

1. Does anyone know how to get rid of all those messages at the top? I don't want to render a run with a lightmap message or random replay info.

2. How do I export audio?

thank you

Qubit likes this

1. Idk, hiding the entire hud might do it but that would also hide things you wanna shown and again idk.

2. Use another software for recording the audio and set com_maxfps to whatever you exported your footage with (for the duration of reccing audio) so the two won't go off sync.

3. You can export video with way higher resolution and graphics than your computer can run on stable fps, so as long as you have space on your hard drive go nuts.

An rrcup5 run (14:760)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcBcWJdlluQ

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And freestyle on rrcup5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ill5PYQTccc

MAD_JIHAD, Smilecythe and Qubit like this

Testing re_export and my dick goes hard for results, no more 480p videos bitches! 

lol

Yeah, I tried the first part of this map for like 30 mins without using rocket jumping.  Not going to happen.

Impressive.

1. Does anyone know how to get rid of all those messages at the top? I don't want to render a run with a lightmap message or random replay info.

2. How do I export audio?

thank you

1. If you have NVIDIA GeForce Experience, the best way to get the best quality with no hud is to use Shadowplay. All you have to do is type in console /ui_hide_all (I think that's the command) and record the runs with Shadowplay. The other option that you could consider is recording locally with OBS. It will provide you the same outcome (both record in-game audio). Hope this helped to certain extent :)