goochie

Post your WIP screenshots!

361 posts in this topic

can we get increase in file size for forums? i have a total of 40kb to upload a image.... thats redic, even resized to a respectable size i cant get images to upload cause to big.... i think its keeping track of my original posted images in another thread, cause that i scrounged to fit like 3 images into.... otherwise we have to resort to hosting elsewhere, and thats to much work for something as simple as this

Edit-- just checked, 500kb is the limit we have, and between 2 post about my maps ive made public with 10 images total, ive nearly exceeded that.

some screenshots from the first quarter of my wip maps. didn't realize that gfx were set to low, next batch is gonna look better ;)

ZUrdkET.jpg7LqVioK.jpgW1J735a.jpgGSuZBiz.jpgm00LWSw.jpgh2UXWHs.jpgh0mV0Gi.jpg

qS3supn.jpg

Electro likes this

most of them will probably never be finished, so you can adopt any of them. just tell me which one you like and i'll send you the map file

doesn't look bad for a first map, seems like you got the basics down :) try to avoid using thin walls, they look good only in a few specific places, make them at least 64u wide, 128u is even better, otherwise you'll get a map that looks like "box filled with walls". so try mapping out the layout concept with a min. wall thickness of 128u (except for stairs, windows and details ofc) and finish some maps, once you're more experienced you can break this "rule" more often :)

Okey, thanks for the tip ;) Going to try get some thickness into the map :)

Have kind of taken a break from this, for a couple of reasons, first the detail work is alot, for a fairly detailed yet simple outcome, not really a big issue, as ive created a system to duplicating them, but it takes time even... and depending on if its a longer container or shorter, still some editing maybe..... i was going for as full on detail as i could, with what was provided, currently theres not more containers then seen, and not even all are full interiors, the floor tile currently just one large tile to work on, but would be edited in properly, but lm currently sits at over 49mb... and its lonely working on it alone.... and i dont trust very many ppl out there to help out without intentionally destroying... that said, enjoy the pics.

overall concept those, as seen, a bunch of shipping containers, stacked in a open courtyard, with various containers open to bounce through, t-barriers to cjump on, and other various elements i never got to due to getting burnt out

3J27e6m.jpg

oKmmzLE.jpg

fHcxjqW.jpg

mbsez3Z.jpg

f82A3SW.jpg

goochie and Electro like this

Sin had a version of the map IIRC, and they had local gravity so you could actually walk the stairs on the walls and ceilings... that really was disconcerting and confusion... so I wonder what the point of stairs on ceilings in Reflex are? Deco?

deco, we put some unique teles in that shoot ya across a few horizontal ones :P

Some WIP pics with the new textures on a new map...

LD04bvi.jpg

fnKR3v5.jpg

7UCcdjh.jpg

Ship Boat house type thing dunno.... 

Edited by BananaBreadMan
Electro and DraQu like this

stuff

Looks very pleasing. I just wish we had something proper for jump pads  :(

Looks very pleasing. I just wish we had something proper for jump pads  :(

I Agree, however I do like my approach, its a smaller target then most jump pads, With my smaller targets, it requires either, very precise movement, or you to slow down and properly time your movements. And it looks good, I would rather ability to select multiple / copy or select multiple, group, copy right now over a proper jump pad....

Hate to admit it, but that looks really awesome... I love the crete and the colours and the design... nice.

goochie likes this