goochie

Post your WIP screenshots!

371 posts in this topic

​cpm1a remake? =) Love the second screenshot!

​More of a: I want to make something as vertical as cpm1a. I haven't made anything real progress on the map since I've decided that cpm1a style maps, are just too unbalanced in term of vertical gameplay. Here's a updated picture.

Here are some screenshots of a map im working on. It will be smallish sized duel map with an industrial/Gothic theme. This is still very WIP but im happy with how the portals came out so far.

IrlHEQt.jpg
red armor area

QOQ4B3k.jpg
red armor area different angle

yi2gs0P.jpg
low red armor area

LYXJnb4.jpg
upclose shot of tele in red area

UVmEA1d.jpg
upclose shot of other tele in red armor area

mjW87Sw.jpg
area above red

TrWDJ6b.jpg
another shot of area above red. fleshed it out but not much else yet

2F0IAoa.jpg
aerial shot. very WIP still

Edited by rook
ok_hand, promEUs, fht and 7 others like this

rook,

wow... very steam punk-ish... especially behind those glass windows. Interesting to see in the last shot that grouping meshes into a prefab will let you "consistently" rotate them (those arcs under the pink writing in the last shot). Nifty...

AEon,

Yeah, the general idea was Gothic style interior with a futuristic look for things like teles, jpads and the innards of the walls. Went a little pipe crazy so it ended up looking steampunk. Not that many meshes to choose from yet so working with what I have :). Would be nice if we had a set of steampunk style meshes though (request to devs ;p).

I used the water material for the glass looking windows/tele with a thin white glow border. The arcs are a mesh in the gothic theme. Just playing with lighting using them right now, rotated one and copied. Nothing has been grouped into prefabs yet because everything is subject to change.

AEpyraR2 r62... tiled the temple... added mesh arcs to MH and RA... main arena floor is still needs some work though. Note the shot does no have a lighting compile... so it might look slightly nicer later on.

2D401FA34CF46B699A89126209BFECB67D165DD3 (1680×1028)

So... started to add vines as well... still much to decorate... but getting there r63:

686B0F153CFAB43C124CB4BDF6EF325CB265845F (1680×1028)

Starting to look like the hanging gardens... of something or other ;)

Edited by AEon
I4N and rook like this

AEpyraR2 r66... more greenery and the main floor is now tiled. I have the feeling you can spend huge amounts of time adding ever move decoration... great that Reflex can handle that.

BC5944A616550DDEC967CC845D92C75AD39A6CC6 (1680×1028)

some progress - low mega/ya portal done. GL area mostly done. Cleaned up the rest of the map a bit.

cYFWqXn.jpg
portal low mega/ya

KAcfCIc.jpg
GL area

8Sm5oTW.jpg
RA top level

VlBYaEW.jpg
top mega area / WIP still

KfZwze1.jpg
high mega

xero likes this

The thing I really like about Reflex mapping... you can look into other maps and edit them, but mostly look up how neat things have been done. In the case of rook's map e.g. what material exactly was use of those shiny pipes etc.

I recently did a test... it is actually possible to run two copies of Reflex in parallel... so in theory at some point, a copy between two editors running two different maps may be possible. That would really help... e.g. reuse prefabs (with permission)... or migrate content between different maps you built yourself for consistency... e.g. a complex TP or JP. This would avoid having to either hack the source code, or having to redo previously done work.

Reflex is really shaping up to be a wonderful game to map for... ^_^

Electro likes this

The green umbrellas / pillars are the only thing that is bothering me in that pic :D Have you tried colouring them differently? idk, just the first thing that popped in my mind

To be honest I am not sure about them... its an experiment to add some visual cue for a "fence"... the tops needed to be closed off, and I then added some greenery... that is pretty surreal... hmm... comment noted.

Nice! Reminds me of a TFC/TF2 crossover. H Y P E, 

​There is more screens of this map in this thread. Hehe.

Edit: older version ofc.

Edited by Warlord Wossman

Hmm, I've seen the tease in the battlestation pic, and now I gotta scour the thread again? o maaaan :D

The green umbrellas / pillars are the only thing that is bothering me in that pic :D Have you tried colouring them differently? idk, just the first thing that popped in my mind

​Just noted you actually meant the "abstract trees"... yeah... they look out of place slightly. Hmmm... might need to try to create something more detailed and put all that into a prefab... darker green might slightly help.

made a little showcase video from the art of dp5 made by fht (compared ultra vs, low settings)

plz tell us, if u think its too dark or has too much smoke effects

Edited by def
A. Benz, DraQu, Shmotz and 4 others like this