goochie

Post your WIP screenshots!

367 posts in this topic

dp4 (even if WIP) and monolith really show that the new rock meshes are awesome.

I think they are a great addition for mappers and I hope more "allrounder meshes" are going to come soon :)

Yasashii likes this

bfGSW5p.jpg

​Nice... being wanting to use those meshes... so its nice to see them used. Also looks like an red angled fencing mesh (maybe the devs will create that) would be put to good use in this map.

Edited by AEon

​Nice... being wanting to use those meshes... so its nice to see them used. Also looking like an red angled fencing mesh (maybe the devs will create that) would be put to good use in this map.

​Yeah, I was actually looking for such a thing, but sadly couldn't find it.

I really love this one!!!

U794gQL.png

Remove the pile in the middle of the room!

Dont do too much pipework, think about the flow-direction of possible liquids/gas. Maybe some incoming and some outcoming pipes, i think you understand what i mean! ;)

Sometimes less is more...

Very nice man!

​I think you accidentily typed your own message in the quote box. The pile in the middle is important for the map structure.

ctf_jail 

My first go at a CTF map. goal is to have a small intense map for 3v3 or more players with good potential for teamplay and team-communication. So it is somewhat open and that is intentional. Same with the overall darkness of it. I want it dark but not to dark. Just a bit of mood lighting. There is still a lot to be done with lighting the map though so might be best to play without lightmaps.

Right now I am getting to the point where playtesting is needed to find what works and what don't. Pickups are more or less guesswork for now. :P So it is very much a work in progress. Figured I'd start fishing for feedback even if it looks like crap and probably plays like it to. Any feedback is welcome.

Imgur album here.

ReflexFiles download

-edit-

Made a forum topic for it and uploaded latest version. Topic here

Edited by MuNgLo
Added topic link
Stalast likes this

ctf_jail 

My first go at a CTF map. goal is to have a small intense map for 3v3 or more players with good potential for teamplay and team-communication. So it is somewhat open and that is intentional. Same with the overall darkness of it. I want it dark but not to dark. Just a bit of mood lighting. There is still a lot to be done with lighting the map though so might be best to play without lightmaps.

Right now I am getting to the point where playtesting is needed to find what works and what don't. Pickups are more or less guesswork for now. :P So it is very much a work in progress. Figured I'd start fishing for feedback even if it looks like crap and probably plays like it to. Any feedback is welcome.

Imgur album here.

ReflexFiles download

​Uploaded to my servers

MuNgLo likes this

MuNgLo, co... co... colour-full... :P... actually I am surprised at the low number of brutally coloured maps out there.

Edited by AEon
MAD_JIHAD likes this

MuNgLo, co... co... colour-full... :P... actually I am surprised at the low number of brutally coloured maps out there actually.

​I'm sure there are a lot, they just don't make it to the forums. xD

​That was brutal.

​Eh? I didn't mean it to be offensive... I just meant that I'd bet there are a tonne of disgustingly colourful maps made by newbie map makers that don't make it to the forums.

MuNgLo, co... co... colour-full... :P... actually I am surprised at the low number of brutally coloured maps out there actually.

​Yeah I figured it be easier for describing places when taking about issues when people playtest it. So it is more or less colourcoded. Of course it's not going to be like that in its final version. :D For now it is "where was MH? In the aqua room bottom corner.".

Played and watched a couple of games on it and while my retinas hurt a bit from the colours I am suprised about the gameplay holding up as well as it does. Just going to make a few more tweaks and then upload it and make a post in the forum.

MuNgLo, ah... that is a nifty idea, to "brutally colour" to help orientation and location in the map for the early tests.