goochie

Post your WIP screenshots!

367 posts in this topic

I was unhappy with all the other versions of it because either they had some weird custom solutions or had too low ceilings and over tight hallways etc.. So I figured I will give it a try at making this one then.

Working on a dual map that will have lots of small easy jumps. The kind that lets people like me work on getting better at them. Maybe even being consistent. ;)

CoEJaOb.jpg

Been trying different layout solution and slowly getting the parts together to make up a whole map. This bit should stay almost the same to the final version.

WdPWP3J.jpg

MAD_JIHAD likes this

BoYUJ4B.jpg
jHf8hl4.jpg
​Still very much a WIP (the teleporter, for one) - 38 hype?

​What's that mic etc icon in the bottom right of the images?

P.S - Map looks fucking siiiiiiick!

SickDownlink likes this

​What's that mic etc icon in the bottom right of the images?
P.S - Map looks fucking siiiiiiick!

​Looks like nvidia shadowplay stuff to me

early wip from dp8 :)

EFk9OeK.jpg

​Looks a little overwatch- ish, but since it's actually Reflex I don't need to lose my good night's sleep for it :P

Edited by Smilecythe
fht likes this

Something I have been toying with the past few weeks that I feel is finally ready for balance testing.

Please excuse the potato settings.

MHYA.jpg

RA.jpg

YA.jpg

Edited by Username
spessu_sb and MAD_JIHAD like this

Been experimenting with meshes as well. Presently working on AEpyraR2 the mesh version of my brush-only map AEpyraR.

4D82A368171E27CADD9ABAD26A2414D911BE92F8 (1680×1050)

​i dig those pyramids man .. WHAOA.

edit:

damn thats an old post, iam quite the tombraider, @ AEon, did that map go anywhere, where can i get it ?:) 

2# edit:

nevermind :P

Edited by irish

irish,

Link in my signature... :)... I am still surprised that using actual stone meshes works so well in Reflex and keeps the map playable.

I am still thinking of creating a CTF version of the map, with what you see on the screenshot being one base (to be mirrored), I'd then add a central connecting temple area on different heights. No idea if that would actually get played though.

Edited by AEon

Zohd,

it took me a moment to realize, but how did you do those curved "brushes"... manually using tons of normal brushes? Uncanny.

Edited by AEon

AEon

The curved geometry is made by spamming prefabs and boxes(dumb work)=can work only if you apply full clip to all this spam otherwise you have really bad fps especially when you turn on sun (16k materials..) the stump curved brushes are from MAD_JIHAD pipes clip prefabs.

http://imgur.com/BR6dEIy

AEon

The curved geometry is made by spamming prefabs and boxes(dumb work)=can work only if you apply full clip to all this spam otherwise you have really bad fps especially when you turn on sun (16k materials..) the stump curved brushes are from MAD_JIHAD pipes clip prefabs.

http://imgur.com/BR6dEIy

​Its nice to know someone used those prefabs. I stopped working on them when I remembered they don't scale with the mesh and produce a few clipping bugs making it stop the player if you go near certain parts of the 90 degree pipe.