Qualx

DP_Two HUD v1.19.2 (Updated for Reflex 0.45.1)

66 posts in this topic

AND SUDDENLY, OUT OF NOWHERE, SOON™ AFTER THE DUST OF DP_TWO HAS SETTLED, I AM PROUD TO PRESENT THE DP_TWO HUD.

Please send any requests or suggestions my way! I'm always happy to add features that people actually want to use.

If you use this HUD on videos or streams please link to the download page (or just https://reflex.kiai.eu/) on my webserver. Here's a banner, if you want one. You don't need to use the banner but it's nicer than just a link. :D

dp2banner.png

Feature page on my webserver: https://reflex.kiai.eu/dp2hud/
Direct download link, will hopefully select the most up-to-date version automatically: https://reflex.kiai.eu/dp2hud/dp2hud.zip

Read cvars.txt for documentation on the various customisation console variables.

Note: I've changed the version numbering as of v1.14a.

Special note: Pickup timers can be disabled while actually ingame (as opposed to warmup/spec) in specific modes. The default setting is to have timers on all the time in all modes so that inexperienced players will be able to pick up and use this HUD with minimal configuration required. If you are an anti-timer zealot you will most likely want to change show_ingame_1v1 from 1 to 0 in the cvars section for DP2_PickupTimers in the config file, or run this command and then saveconfig:

ui_dp2_pickuptimers_show_ingame_1v1 0

screenshot_small.jpg

RAW, Jaguar, MAD_JIHAD and 13 others like this

Thanks for providing the HUD qualx! It's really amazing. Especially the clock, chat and scoreboard are awesome. I love it!

Maybe you can help me: I've issue with the scoreboard. If I push TAB (bind TAB +showscores) to check the pings the standard scoreboard is also displayed. Even if I tip the command ui_hide_widget scoreboards it will be displayed. Do you've a fix for this issue? It freaks me out since my "hud compilation" seems IMO really nice.

I'm hopeing that you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Ciao

I don't know why but when I loadconfig dp2hud I got nothing showing on the hud, it removes everything and doesn't replace with the dp2 hud.

files are in the right place, dp2hud folder inside the ui one.

I've put the dp2hud.cfg in the root directory.

like it is not accessible in the widgets menu, i can't do anything.

thank you [want to make it works like it looks so great]

Edited by Ohm sweet

I don't know why but when I loadconfig dp2hud I got nothing showing on the hud, it removes everything and doesn't replace with the dp2 hud.

files are in the right place, dp2hud folder inside the ui one.

I've put the dp2hud.cfg in the root directory.

like it is not accessible in the widgets menu, i can't do anything.

thank you [want to make it works like it looks so great]

​I had sosmething similar happenign the other day with the thc hud, what I did Ive gone into the widget options and checked all the 'thc' widgets it turned out they all had visibility turned off for some reason, worked fine when i clicked them and selected visible tho.

If loadconfig dp2hud doesn't work, then try loadconfig dp2hud again, or restart your game and try.

I did it many times, anyway I will check the main game.cfg and clean it a bit, then will try again, I'll report here how it went

Add me on Steam if you continue having issues and I'll help you troubleshoot it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/qualx

​added, thank you.

I have tested it one more time [one is euphemism]

when I look into the console after  the list of DP2 widgets I got =...

it is loading the cfg but nothing seems to happen.

I also had a look in the game.cfg and nothing related to dp2hud is in there after loading the config.

it should have written somthing in there.

best.

EDIT: my main hud is composed with the circle armor+ circle health and weapon ammo, would it be a reason to bug the dp2hud?

Edited by Ohm sweet

it doesn't work better :/

do it need some external lua files?

it is not a big deal but it would be great to make it work [not only for me I mean ;) ]

there u go

4LL0HOQ.png

might look a little different, coz i still use the old version of the hud

Edited by def
Ohm sweet likes this

oh well it is at the root not in the ui folder [like mentioned in the readme file for install instruction !!!!!]

and still same thing. weird

I'm gonna move my game cfg out, let reflex load and recreate it, then try to load the dp2hud

EDIT: not better again, sorry for the mess with not being able to make it appear on screenv :/\ Edited by Ohm sweet

Any chance you could make the "DuelTitle" widget into a standalone thing?

Also, a recommendation for the autoswitch thing - following the person who isn't in control is an interesting option too.  Maybe have ui_dp2_camera_autoswitch 3 = follow last person to die.

Ohm sweet likes this

ok ok got it working with the big help of qualx and a my brain reactivating.

guilty  was a custom widget [and my lazy brain I assume], I removed everything I wasn't using anymore and tadammm it works like a charm.

beautiful hud... time to get fragged or get some frags :D

I'm having trouble with the Pakman timer, It says it's visible and i've typed "ui_pacmantimer_show_ingame 1" into the config.  It still won't show up

Any chance you could make the "DuelTitle" widget into a standalone thing?

Also, a recommendation for the autoswitch thing - following the person who isn't in control is an interesting option too.  Maybe have ui_dp2_camera_autoswitch 3 = follow last person to die.

​I'll implement follow loser and follow last spawner in v1.1 (which will also have team scoreboard). I'll message you on IRC about DuelTitle.

KovaaK likes this

Hey I AM ON TV !

Awsome custom hud. Just giving my compliments.

Currently personal using this hud, only on an 27inch monitor the scaling of 1 is an bit high and could count the pixels. But with scaling 0.68 it looks flawless. I hope there will be a lot of custom huds made and put this together in one community hud pack.

Keep up the good work, thumbs up

Everyone I asked while making it found the GIANT ARROW was clear enough but I will have text appearing at some point to indicate PoV switches.

Tr1pwire: I can scale it down in the code for you. It'll lose the sharp edges if you scale it with ui_scale_widget because they won't be on pixel boundaries. I've added you on Steam after you tried to contact me on IRC a couple of times btw :D

Its all oke, don't need to scale it down for me. Ill use it like I have it now. I find it better than the standard one.