Qualx

DP_Two HUD v1.19.2 (Updated for Reflex 0.45.1)

66 posts in this topic

just fyi

if u Encounter to have a gamecrash when connecting to a Server, disable everything related with dp_hud. u can re-enable stuff when u are connected without problems

there is a bug we didnt figure out right now

Little update for qualx: it seems like it has to be with scoreboard or endscoreboard. there was some guy yesterday in irc who was only using those 2 parts of the hud and ran into gamecrash

My current theory is that it might have something to do with connecting to a server with someone on it who has a long name. Will test later.

EDIT: Theory is wrong. Next time someone gets this crash, please get hold of me one way or another so I can do science, because I've not yet figured out the conditions required to replicate it.

Edited by Qualx

My current theory is that it might have something to do with connecting to a server with someone on it who has a long name. Will test later.

EDIT: Theory is wrong. Next time someone gets this crash, please get hold of me one way or another so I can do science, because I've not yet figured out the conditions required to replicate it.

I just had this bug I think but it only kicked me from the turbo pixels servers. I disabled the scoreboard, death screen and duel title which were the things I were using.Then after joining a non TurboP server I realised I was also using the pacman spec timers, after disabling that I could join any server even after enabling the other hud elements I was using.

Yodsanklai, you nailed it and I didn't even notice :D

There's some sort of weird behaviour of the pickupTimers table on the first frame that causes the widget to make a ridiculous number of calls to nvgCircle which causes a buffer overflow presumably. Fix it by disabling PacmanTimer until I get round to fixing it properly.

can i suggest that you put the an addional frame like "POV: Playername" or simply "playername" below the clock center screen? i know there is the arrow next to the health icons, but that isnt really that obvious when pov is switched around, and you have to actively look there when you ask yourself who's pov the spectator is currently on.

Yeah, I did ask around while making this, and everyone said YEAH THE HUGE ARROW IS FINE, but a number of people have objected so I'll just make a POV nameplate somewhere. :)

I will be updating this to 1.1 soon™ and this will have support for team gamemodes on the scoreboard, a POV label, and frag messages and/or a proper killfeed. I've just had major artist's block of late (possibly because I'm not really an artist).

tw3rk, Ohm sweet and KovaaK like this

Posted a WIP alpha for v1.1 (see first post) so that TDM people who use my scoreboard can actually figure out what's going on. Sorry, only just got round to working on this!

Ohm sweet and ok_hand like this

Pulled v1.0.2 (too buggy), and posted a new stable alpha for v1.1 with TDM and CTF support using DP2_TeamInfo (does what it says on the tin, also displays time remaining for Carnage, and marks the flag carrier). No resist powerup yet, sorry!

Oh I forgot to update this :D

First post updated to 1.1.alpha3 (with Resist duration)

If you click the link to the page on my site, that'll always be up to date.

Oh I forgot to update this :D

First post updated to 1.1.alpha3 (with Resist duration)

If you click the link to the page on my site, that'll always be up to date.

Oke ehm ....

First of all the link to your website : I cant click anything there its just showing texts + an screenshot.

Second : The direct link is still dead

Edited by Tr1pwire

ui_dp2_clock_direction -1/1 (-1 is countdown, 1 is countup)

I don't know why I used direction 1/-1 instead of countdown 0/1. :D

Updated to v1.1.alpha8.

- Persistent chatlog history
- DP2_PowerupBars
- Console variable documentation
- Robot SVGs

Updated to v1.1.alpha8.

- Persistent chatlog history
- DP2_PowerupBars
- Console variable documentation
- Robot SVGs

​As usual, great work and thank you for this.

( Links are working, so no complaining ) :D

Updated again to alpha9.

- Added CTF flag indicator on scoreboard
- Fixed that empty teams scoreboard bug finally
- Shifted team colours towards white in order to improve readability
- Added ui_dp2_scoreboard_teams_sorted 0/1 to control whether teams sort by score or not

Updated to alpha12.

- Added DP2_TeamScoreboard, which partially overrides DP2_Scoreboard in team gamemodes. Shouldn't be used out of spec for the time being, because you won't be able to see who's on the enemy team.
- Updated DP2_TeamInfo with a flag icon and highlighting for the active player. Now displays both teams when spectating.
- Updated DP2_Camera with helper convars for cl_camera_player (see convars file for info).
- Bugfixes.

Tr1pwire likes this

I havent got much to playing again, but when I played with this new updated hud ...

How can I enable the frag messages black popup bars ?

They're not in dp2hud; they're a to-be-stock widget that newborn designed.

http://reflex.kiai.eu/Alerts.lua

Can be disabled with ui_alerts_visible 0; the widget can't be fully hidden in order to prevent bottlenecking alerts.

You can push your own alerts with

Alerts:push(type, message, submessage, timeout, bgColor, fgColor)

I'll post it in its own thread eventually when I don't have the world's worst cold.

Tr1pwire likes this

They're not in dp2hud; they're a to-be-stock widget that newborn designed.

http://reflex.kiai.eu/Alerts.lua

Can be disabled with ui_alerts_visible 0; the widget can't be fully hidden in order to prevent bottlenecking alerts.

You can push your own alerts with

Alerts:push(type, message, submessage, timeout, bgColor, fgColor)

I'll post it in its own thread eventually when I don't have the world's worst cold.

​Thanx for the info

Added a style convar for each of health, armour, and weapons. Done some options screen stuff, and made it all compatible with 0.38. It uses a pak file now, so you need to manually delete your old files when updating.

0.38 causes a crash bug in 1.13a (AKA 1.1-alpha13) so updating isn't optional!

DraQu likes this

Added a style convar for each of health, armour, and weapons. Done some options screen stuff, and made it all compatible with 0.38. It uses a pak file now, so you need to manually delete your old files when updating.

0.38 causes a crash bug in 1.13a (AKA 1.1-alpha13) so updating isn't optional!

​i didnt have any crashes in 0.38 but will update anyways <3

v1.14a1 fixes:

• The current player arrow is now working correctly
  • ui_dp2_gameoverscoreboard_save is now correctly defaulted to 0, and present in the config file (I have a git commit that says I did that already but I seem to have been lying)
  • ui_dp2_weapons_style 2 no longer causes the border around the melee weapon's ammo box to be shit.
LKSR likes this