Qualx

DP_Two HUD v1.19.2 (Updated for Reflex 0.45.1)

66 posts in this topic

Updated to 1.15. This fixes the scoreboard map name in Reflex 0.39. It now uses the map title, if available, instead of the short name - there's currently no way to get the short name in 39 for workshop maps. My implementation is backwards-compatible with Reflex 0.38 so you can update now and it'll work fine before and after 0.39's release.

I've also added the beginnings of Race support to the HUD. The scoreboard now shows times correctly.

I've also added a flag indicator to DP2_PowerupBars, subject to change.

def and DraQu like this

Updated to 1.16. Fixed a ton of clock bugs, fixed chatlog endgame spam bug. Added chatlog timestamps (ui_chatlog_timestamp 1) and a chatlog options screen.

Tr1pwire likes this

First, I'd like to say thanks a lot for the HUD!

Next, I'm not sure if this is a known issue but the reason you can't adjust the options for TeamScoreboard in the widget options is because in line 487 of the dp2hud.lua file some of the arguments are passed to ui2Slider() in the wrong order. As it is now your order is "newValue, min, max" when it should be "min, max, newValue"

Tr1pwire likes this

Giant bugfix update, finally! I've had a lot of fixes that I kept not getting round to releasing since there weren't really any new features, but the ammo update has given me a convenient excuse to bash out a quick feature update along with a million bugfixes. I think every bug that's been reported to me has been fixed, along with many more.

There's a small novel in the ZIP file with patch notes which Promeus assures me that people will read if I provide them. The notes are a concise summary of the changes along with stuff you might need to do in order to keep your HUD looking as it did before (basically, the clock's position has changed relative to its anchor point, sorry).

Spectated player name text thing coming in the next couple of days.

Accuracy coming in the next couple of years.

Edit: This happened.
19:29 - promEUs: Patch on the forums = YES
19:29 - promEUs: Patch notes in a .txt in the zip = HELL NAW

And so I will copypaste for you

v1.16.1 -> v1.17

This is mainly a ton of bugfixes, I think. Beyond that, here's stuff you might want to act on to update your configs and such. Promeus told me people would read this if I wrote it, so you'll be tested on it in a week's time. (you think I'm joking)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quality of Life

Some widgets (notably DP2_Health and DP2_Armor) have been updated so that they won't draw in Race mode.

I've added options screens for more widgets, including DP2_Health, DP2_Armor, and DP2_Weapons, and probably more. I've fixed some of the older options screens that were horribly broken.

The HUD now uses a delayed-load system to prevent name collisions with older versions of DP2_HUD and compilations using a snapshot dating back to 1972. This shouldn't matter but if you get weird messages in console, that's what it's about.

You can PROBABLY store the PAK file pretty much wherever you like, although this is infuriating for me to test properly (because I'll probably break my code repository), so I'm relying on you telling me if you get error messages in console and/or stuff not drawing. I'm especially interested in whether the melee icon draws correctly with the PAK file stored in exciting places.

DP2_Clock (requires repositioning, new cvars, race compatibility)
DP2_StatusBar (new widget)

I've separated the game status bar from DP2_Clock. It's now its own widget, called DP2_StatusBar, providing the following cvars:

ui_dp2_statusbar_show_progress
        0       Hide statusbar during main part of game, and don't display progress during overtime (it'll still show countdown progress at the start of the game/round)
        1       Show progress whenever possible

ui_dp2_statusbar_gameover
        0/1     Hide/show statusbar during gameover and round end

I've also added the following cvar to DP2_Clock:

ui_dp2_clock_show_inactive
        0       Hide during warmup
        1       Display inactive style and 00:00 during warmup (before countdown starts)

Since the anchor point for DP2_Clock is at the top of the widget, having removed the status bar, the clock is now 25 pixels (multiplied by your widget scale) higher than before. If you want your clock to be in the same place as before, you need to increase the y offset of the widget by (25 * scale) in your config file. To keep the status bar in the same place as it was before, set its anchor and offsets to match whatever you had for DP2_Clock before.

The clock also now behaves correctly in Race mode.

DP2_ChatLog (new cvars)

I've added a few cvars to the chatlog:

ui_dp2_chatlog_fontsize: Font size (wow)
    ui_dp2_chatlog_filter: Bitset filter for various types of chat message. Documented in convars.txt, but the only reason you'll want it (probably) would be for filtering out killfeed messages, so I've added that to the options screen.
    ui_dp2_chatlog_timestamp_timezone: Fixes the problem with the timestamps, because Reflex provides the time in GMT, and has no idea what timezone you're in. You need to set this manually, and adjust it manually for daylight savings time.

DP2_Scoreboard (new cvar)
DP2_GameOverScoreboard (half fixed, half deprecated)

Having rearranged the code pretty heavily, I have no idea what ui_dp2_gameoverscoreboard_save does any more but that widget's probably going to be scrapped next version or so anyway. Since Reflex now has its data splurge scoreboard for all your endgame needs, I recommend hiding DP2_GameOverScoreboard until such a time as I build a new scoreboard with stats on it.

I've added a cvar to DP2_Scoreboard:

ui_dp2_scoreboard_show_compact: Default 1. Set it to 0 to disable the compact scoreboard in the top right while you're playing (but it'll still show the slightly less compact version when you press tab, or when you're in spec).

DP2_Countdown (bugfix)

Noteworthy because of how hilariously broken it was before. I'd actually fallen asleep halfway through writing a line of code in this widget, and then had forgotten about it. It's amazing that it "worked" as much as it did. It's fixed now.

DP2_Weapons (0.41 update)

Since you can now have ammo without the weapon, I've added two new weapon display types.
    If you have the weapon and ammo, it displays as before (coloured icon, black text on white background).
    If you have the weapon but no ammo, the icon will now remain coloured but it'll have white text on a dark grey background (this is more obvious than the old grey icon anyway, even if you can't see the ammo bar behind the icon).
    If you have ammo but no weapon, the icon will be grey and the text will be light grey on a dark grey background.

The idea of this is that any weapons you can switch to will have a white background to their ammo value. In case this fills you with terror, I've extended ui_dp2_weapons_static so you can hide weapons you don't own even if you have ammo.

ui_dp2_weapons_static
        1       Functions as before. Have all weapons in fixed positions.
        0       Default, updated for 0.41. Display weapons you own, and ammo you own. Hide anything you have neither ammo nor weapon for.
        -1      If you fear change, this will allow the widget to continue behaving as it did before the patch (although empty (but still owned) weapons will still use the dark background - I don't think that'll be a problem for anyone?)

I've also added Derp's superb melee weapon icons. When you're holding your melee weapon, it'll now show the correct icon instead of an axe. I hope. Thanks to Kyto for the melee weapon definitions and Derp for the icons.

DP2_Camera (mostly fixed)

I think all of the issues with this are now fixed. If you want to use ui_dp2_camera_block_freecam 1 to prevent freecam (so you can go AFK with a stream running, for instance), you can still get into freecam manually by binding ui_dp2_camera_free 1 (or just entering it in console).

slobo^-, RAW and Tr1pwire like this

hey man this is a really really great update. :)

16 hours ago, Qualx said:

ui_dp2_chatlog_filter: Bitset filter for various types of chat message. Documented in convars.txt, but the only reason you'll want it (probably) would be for filtering out killfeed messages, so I've added that to the options screen.

the best thing ever. it prevents the chat being flooded by suicide messages in race mode. <3

but... what happened to your beautiful clock? .-\

16 hours ago, Qualx said:

The clock also now behaves correctly in Race mode.

i have to disagree with that. the clock is now the racetimer in racemode and not the clock anymore. racetimer|=clock

fortunately i just had to copy paste your old 1.16. code into the new dp2hud.lua and it worked. so its the old beloved clock again.

DP2 HUD 1.18 released!

Changelog:

• Tons of bugfixes
  • Even more bugfixes
  • Removed feature where DP2_Countdown would count down until the end of the universe
  • Removed feature where the entire HUD would crash if you joined a server that was in endgame as the first thing you did after launching Reflex
  • Fixed scoreboard layout stuff
  • Added ruleset to scoreboard (with +showscores)
  • Added cvar: ui_dp2_scoreboard_ignore_showscores to make it play nicely with the stock scoreboard for accuracy stats, at least until I make my own
  • Added cvar to control chat width
  • Changed melee icons to use the official ones that are now available
  • Added Vote, LagNotifier, KillFeed, and AwardNotifier to dp2hud.cfg since DP2HUD doesn't yet provide an alternative for them
  • Added a faint icon behind the Carnage and Resist duration in DP2_TeamInfo

Also, I just noticed your post, slobo. I'll see what I can do about separating clock and racetimer into separate widgets or having a cvar for ui_dp2_clock_ihatemyself or something in the next release I make. :D

Greed, Tr1pwire and slobo^- like this

v1.19.1 released with chatlog beeps and stuff. Changelog later (or never, more likely, read my damn web page)

Updated to v1.19.2.

• Changed default of ui_dp2_chatlog_beep_cooldown to 0.1 (it was 0.5 for some reason which feels janky as shit)
  • Fixed a crash with dp2_clock in the replay editor
Tr1pwire likes this

This is a pretty damn nice hud, prob gonna be using from now on.

Nice work man!

9 hours ago, VN1X said:

How to go back to the default HUD? 

ui_reset should do it

VN1X likes this

Hey @Qualx, been using your DP2HUD for a while now, I really like it. I've noticed though that drops don't show up in the chat widget. They still show up in the default chat widget, but apparently not in the DP2 one - I assume it doesn't pick up the message from the console, or similar. Perhaps it needs an update for v45, or perhaps I need to tweak something? Can anyone else confirm? Cheers :)

i dont get them as well but see it by steam overlay that i unlocked something

5 hours ago, Jaguar said:

Hey @Qualx, been using your DP2HUD for a while now, I really like it. I've noticed though that drops don't show up in the chat widget. They still show up in the default chat widget, but apparently not in the DP2 one - I assume it doesn't pick up the message from the console, or similar. Perhaps it needs an update for v45, or perhaps I need to tweak something? Can anyone else confirm? Cheers :)

5 hours ago, def said:

i dont get them as well but see it by steam overlay that i unlocked something

You haven't updated. I fixed this three weeks ago. (the version number in this thread is/was wrong, but the download link should always provide you with the most up-to-date version from my site)

My apologies @Qualx, last time I checked this thread it said v44. I should have tested. Looking forward to HUDs and scripts and widgets and whatnot on the Workshop! :D

Do you plan on releasing your HUD on the Steam Workshop as well?

Do you also consider your latest version as "done" with no more updates being needed?

Great job there!