tehace

thct6 - the missing link

20 posts in this topic

The initial layout was quite fast but all the small details are cloging the development. Last night we tried to figure out a good YA placement but as you can see from the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwAEjW2wLow it didnt go as planned (although we find a tiny bit earlier that you can delete players). There are some videos on my yt channel from its play-testing. I guess the development is bound to be slow if you invite two people obsesed with movement and all they do is find the most useless and ridiculous jumps (hey mazu/jukebox) surely the worst community ever.

Just to sum it up, feedback so far have been: too fast, too slow, too closed, too open. On more serious note im quite pleased with the movement and overall flow, still not 100% happy with item placement / spawn locations. I'll post a basic prototype look download link once we're done with those, you can find the map on tphosts/haxan as thct6-vX where x is the version number, as of this writing we're at v4.

Ohm sweet, Yirktos, UBK and 1 other like this

after v6 I decided that the map is solid enough to be posted as regular thct6.

here is a download link - thc333.com/reflex/thct6/source/thct6.zip

the map is up on haxan cloack, my pl host, turbopixel hosts and some phgp hosts as well, it might also show up on guilt/mistergreen/azk US hosts 'soon'

I would like to thank everybody that contributed into making this map:

arkcoss who have started the map, without that I wouldnt make it at all.

jukebox for sharing ideas and testing the movement

KBU for throwing layout ideas and suggesting weapon placement

A shitload of playtesters, Kyto, rokky, Mkay, Rama, HAL, azk, KBU, qualx, Holi, nean, pill, trev, arashi, slikk and even draqu +those I dont remember :D

EDIT: the 'style' is what I would call 'default basic' since there is really no point in making anything regarding it before the next update.

Edited by tehace
arkcoss likes this

19 minutes ago, Electro said:

You just hit a bug is all

Should run really fast once it's sorted

Looking cool keep it up! 

thanks, actually found two bugs already since yesterday ;)

Electro likes this

a quick update as something went totally wrong... after I found that bug and somewhat fixed it by selecting 3235 brushes and making it a prefab than breaking it I started to have all sort of crazy shit happening, firstly the map was offset by 2 in x and 4 in z but thankfully qualx was able to fix it quickly although the map size jumped from 2mb to 5mb and I've noticed that most of the prefabs were duplicated or rather duplicated and broken so I had a prefab and all the brushes that was making this prefab exactly over it as separate brushes, therefore I decided to roll back a version I had going over the weekend so yeah there is going to be some delay to what I initially expect tit to be ready, still should be good for next weekend.

The Piep likes this

Played around a little bit and i have a few notes:

-  The mega jumppad is akward due to the pad being alot lower then the ledges surrounding it. This makes it hard to land on it since you sortof "lock" onto the ledge when it looks like you should have landed on the pad (hard to explain but if you go ingame it makes sense). To fix this simply lower the ledges around it or make the jumppad higher. 

- Have a look at the mega jumppad target, i am fairly certain it should be centered instead.

- Double backing at the plasma teleporter is akward due to the tele exit being too far from the teleport you would back into.

- Being able to telejump onto the 50 health would be cool if it doesnt destroy the balance you had in mind afcource. (If its already possible please ignore this).

4 hours ago, The Piep said:

Played around a little bit and i have a few notes:

-  The mega jumppad is akward due to the pad being alot lower then the ledges surrounding it. This makes it hard to land on it since you sortof "lock" onto the ledge when it looks like you should have landed on the pad (hard to explain but if you go ingame it makes sense). To fix this simply lower the ledges around it or make the jumppad higher. 

- Have a look at the mega jumppad target, i am fairly certain it should be centered instead.

- Double backing at the plasma teleporter is akward due to the tele exit being too far from the teleport you would back into.

- Being able to telejump onto the 50 health would be cool if it doesnt destroy the balance you had in mind afcource. (If its already possible please ignore this).

- The ledges are there so its easier to drop down there and not be instantly pushed up, its a bit weird because there was only one time when I didnt hit the jumppad but I did move on this map a lot so I guess its something you have to keep in mind.

- yeah, we moved the brushes but probably forgotten about the target, doenst break the map that much so I'll write it down for the next set of revisions thanks for noting.

- I didnt wanted for it to be insta back if I got this point right.

- for 50hp, you can grab it from both stairs that leds up to above RA and those small that goes a bit up to YA and the TP jump is also doable.

On 2016-03-01 at 10:34 PM, tehace said:

a quick update as something went totally wrong... after I found that bug and somewhat fixed it by selecting 3235 brushes and making it a prefab than breaking it I started to have all sort of crazy shit happening, firstly the map was offset by 2 in x and 4 in z but thankfully qualx was able to fix it quickly although the map size jumped from 2mb to 5mb and I've noticed that most of the prefabs were duplicated or rather duplicated and broken so I had a prefab and all the brushes that was making this prefab exactly over it as separate brushes, therefore I decided to roll back a version I had going over the weekend so yeah there is going to be some delay to what I initially expect tit to be ready, still should be good for next weekend.

Yea don't volume/2d select stuff and then turn them into a prefab, it can duplicate stuff in a bug like you had happen. Glad you could fix it, this is an example of why  you need to save each change to a map as a separate file ie map_001 002 etc.

1 hour ago, MAD_JIHAD said:

this is an example of why  you need to save each change to a map as a separate file ie map_001 002 etc.

Would be cool to see a widget that does this automaticly or maybe cycle through 5 names so you dont overload your hard drive...

updated

• darker water
  • quite a few clips
  • removed angled brushes you could stand on in the air
  • couple of leaks