MnstH

Reflex Demos from Community Servers

47 posts in this topic

Update 2016-08-09:

- Added new demo portal http://reflexdemos.de for the de.gif ArenaFPS and #reflex.de servers - it has search functions and stats, too!

Update 2016-08-16:

- Added @ZTK's nz.gif Reflex server. Contact him for demos for now; hopefully with a proper download location soon™.

Update 2016-08-19:

- Added the sg.gif Aflex server for our SEA friends.

Greed likes this

I've set up six eight servers for Reflex. They all record replays but they are not web accessible right now. I'll work on that later. For now, you can request a reply from me directly if you want. I've set them all up under the name of a gaming community that I'm a part of - laerad.net

• reflex.laerad.net:25787 (all modes)
  • :25788 1V1/A1V1
  • :25789 CTF
  • :25790 FFA/AFFA
  • :25791 RACE
  • :25792 TDM/ATDM
  • :25793 RACE (easy maps)
  • :25794 1V1/A1V1 3 minute games

The 'easy' race server has a map rotation, but still allows for voting as it seems harsh to disable it. So it relies on people not voting for harder maps. Early days though so I'm sure it'll be fine for now.

The server is in my shop in the UK, on an FTTC connection. So ping is like 10-20ms less than it might be if it were hosted closer to the backbone of the Internet in the UK, but given Reflex's superb netcode I don't think it makes much of a difference!

Edited by Jaguar
MOAR SERVERS
Aletheia likes this

@serverops

Would be nice to have an optional (and standardardized) way of presenting demos through a JSON format. This allows other Reflex related websites to list the most recent demos or perhaps the official relfex website to simply list all the demos available.

Just some thoughts.

Does anyone know who the owner of "Joe's reflex server NY" is? There are some games I played on that server and I would like the replays of them.

3 hours ago, kusumit said:

Does anyone know who the owner of "Joe's reflex server NY" is? There are some games I played on that server and I would like the replays of them.

Since this thread already covers the topic, I merged your thread with this one. (Here's a mention so you find it again in case the forums don't redirect you: @kusumit)

I believe the owner of that server is @Joe.

Update 2016-09-24:

- Added @Qualx' new de.gif "Qualx's Haus of Fun" servers. Demos will be downloadable soon, in the meantime please contact him!

- Added @Jaguar's uk.gif "chat.laerad.net" servers. Demos will be downloadable soon, in the meantime please contact him!

Update 2016-09-27:

- Removed the de.gif ArenaFPS servers because the dedicated server they ran on is no longer in operation (therefore, reflexdemos.de is also down) - thanks @A. Benz for hosting the servers for such a long period of time!

- Changed information for the de.gif #reflex.de Community server because it moved to a new box. Message @seekax for demos in the meantime!

Update 2016-10-01:

- Added @zigzter's new us.gif Chicago server

- Removed a bunch of servers because they were offline and the demo archives were dead, too (mostly NA)

I've enabled replay saving on lazery (79.137.83.157). Replays older than 14 days will be cleared on a regular basis; this period might become longer or shorter depending on available storage space, but they will be stored at least seven days at any point.

http://79.137.83.157:5000

Kyto and /fragile like this

Does someone know who runs the "The Dojo" servers or where I can find the replays?

Update:

Finally got around to updating this thread after ages - and people asking me for demos/replays in PM a lot.

Sadly, I had to get rid of a lot of servers because both game server and file server were no longer accessible.

- Added all Eggplant Arena (EU + NA) servers and the two official pickup servers (sponsored by Swiftnode.com, thanks @Linden <3)
- Added @Dhaagon's EU Newb Gather server
- Added @yakcyll~'s lazery server (EU/FR)
- Added @/fragile's Noobschleuder servers (EU/FR)
- Fixed a bunch of server names and IPs

If you have any more servers to add or spot any mistakes, let me know here or on Discord!

Stalast and /fragile like this