tehace

competition
Competitive Duel Map Contest

68 posts in this topic

My submission dm_doxtoria

furumlink

ReflexFiles

There's still work to be done on it but if I understand correctly it is just a matter of updating the ReflexFiles download? No need to make a post her to make sure no old version gets considered?

Thanks guys for all the submissions so far, just as a reminder I'll download all the maps from reflexfiles at the date the contest ends and will use those versions for the content purposes.

I've also edited out the info about the minicup, there is really no way we can organize it in december as we need to give judges proper time to judge them maps themselves and all of them have decided to do it willingly hence why I dont want to pressure them with strict deadlines. This means that the minicup will be held in early january 2016 we'll get in touch with the winner to talk about the details.

Skytoon likes this

OK Im going to download all the submitted maps from reflex files at 1st of December at whatever time I wake up :) so plz be sure the reflexfiles have the most recent version of your map by Monday as Im not going to be taking later updates after that. 

It's the 30th so I hope I'm not too late, but I'd like to submit the final version of vst1. 

http://reflexfiles.com/file/395

Forum thread for changelogs (they were too big to post on the revisions in reflexfiles):

Edited by Viscerated

i just uploaded the new version of  my map, buut i just cant maanage to fix this .light file being broken and not unzippable. therefore my map requires manual build. Is it a problem? Im very sorry but somehow whenever i upload the zip to reflexx files .light file gets corrupted, whereas on the zip file i uploaad its perfectly fine! hope its not too big of a problem, gl hf in the contest everyone :)

Edited by Ammazzabanane

i just uploaded the new version of  my map, buut i just cant maanage to fix this .light file being broken and not unzippable. therefore my map requires manual build. Is it a problem? Im very sorry but somehow whenever i upload the zip to reflexx files .light file gets corrupted, whereas on the zip file i uploaad its perfectly fine! hope its not too big of a problem, gl hf in the contest everyone :)

​It is probably not the issue. Make sure you aren't in edit mode. Then reload the map. Then build the lightmap. Then restart the game and load map to check that you don't get lighting invalid. If you don't it should be ok to upload. It has something to do with entering edit mode before building lightmaps it seems.

​It is probably not the issue. Make sure you aren't in edit mode. Then reload the map. Then build the lightmap. Then restart the game and load map to check that you don't get lighting invalid. If you don't it should be ok to upload. It has something to do with entering edit mode before building lightmaps it seems.

hmmm, the fact is that when i build light map save and copy the files, zip them if then i try to unzip that folder then it all works out perfectly, and if i try to use that 2 files everything works, but if i then upload that zip file and download it, the downloaded version doesnt work, its not that it gives me lightning invalifd, its the .light file that cannot be exxtracted from the zip for some reason... 

hmmm, the fact is that when i build light map save and copy the files, zip them if then i try to unzip that folder then it all works out perfectly, and if i try to use that 2 files everything works, but if i then upload that zip file and download it, the downloaded version doesnt work, its not that it gives me lightning invalifd, its the .light file that cannot be exxtracted from the zip for some reason... 

​Just tried it and got corrupt on both files. Maybe you are running a bad firewall that steals traffic. I know that used to be the source of corrupt files way back.

​Just tried it and got corrupt on both files. Maybe you are running a bad firewall that steals traffic. I know that used to be the source of corrupt files way back.

doesnt it extract the .map file atleast?? ​im gonna try re building and doing everything this afternoon, im really sorry

Edited by Ammazzabanane

doesnt it extract the .map file atleast?? ​im gonna try re building and doing everything this afternoon, im really sorry

​Nope it said both where corrupt and couldn't be extracted. Are you using WinRaR?

​Nope it said both where corrupt and couldn't be extracted. Are you using WinRaR?

​okey, so i tried again using winRaR and same thing, over and over. i copy and zip the files, then i try unzipping them and it all works. I upload on reflexfiles the zipped file and when i doownload it .light map is corrupted ffs.

At least now the .map file should work just fine. but i cannot understand why this happenes only with the downloaded zip.

MuNgLo if u can check if atleast the .map file works and if u have any more suggestions please feel free to tell me. Maybe write here (http://www.reflexfps.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3085-duel-amh_b1-for-contest/) so we avoid spamming the contests tread with my uselessness 

Edited by Ammazzabanane

ok so I've downloaded all the maps and I'm looking into Amh_b1_0.5.map atm, light file is  fucked but the map seems to be fine.

can you check if this file works for you thc333.com/reflex/contestAmh_b1_0.5.zip with both lm/map?