tehace

competition
Competitive Duel Map Contest

68 posts in this topic

ok so I've downloaded all the maps and I'm looking into Amh_b1_0.5.map atm, light file is  fucked but the map seems to be fine.

can you check if this file works for you thc333.com/reflex/contestAmh_b1_0.5.zip with both lm/map?

That file loaded just fine for me. Including the light maps.

​ok, we should be good with this one than, thanks.

ok so I've downloaded all the maps and I'm looking into Amh_b1_0.5.map atm, light file is  fucked but the map seems to be fine.

can you check if this file works for you thc333.com/reflex/contestAmh_b1_0.5.zip with both lm/map?

​I have no clue what's happening with my .light map but im happy ill atleast be able to partecipate, ty guys for the help :) 

Tehace, are you going to make the contest map-pack zip public for download or only send it to the judges?

I wanted to only send it to the judges but I guess I can share the link with everybody. I hope to have everything in place by the end of the week so I'll keep you posted in this topic.

SickDownlink likes this

To anybody interested in updating their maps there will be a possibility to do so around mid december. I'll post the exact date later. IMPORTANT NOTICE this update can only be visual meaning no layout changes etc. Im going to check the maps so plz dont sneak in gameplay changes in as it will lead to map disqualification from the contest.

as for the map downloads and stuff Im working with Qualx on making a very simple website for the contest but we're still not fully ready to publish it, I hope we're going to be able to do so by the end of the week. I'll keep you posted on the details here.

Edited by tehace

You can check the submissions at https://contest.thc333.com/

PLEASE NOTE: all the judges can freely add/modify their ratings/comments until 1.1.2016 (and atm lavacups review/rating are purely fictional).

if you would like to download all the maps here is a zip for you - thc333.com/reflex/contest_maps.zip

I've also uploaded all the maps to turbopixel hosts.

SickDownlink, MnstH, Flakx and 1 other like this

You can check the submissions at https://contest.thc333.com/

PLEASE NOTE: all the judges can freely add/modify their ratings/comments until 1.1.2016 (and atm lavacups review/rating are purely fictional).

​so u have to set permissions? coz i didnt register yet

i should open my eyes before posting :rolleyes:

hm.. i am logged in now, but there is no option to write reviews / set scores

edit: now it works

Edited by def

the site might still be messy in places but it stores data and we're already a bit late to the party, the important thing is that it should properly store the information you input so we should be good on that front. If you have more question poke me or qualx on steam, we can assist you if you're experiencing any problems.

how long is this stil open for submissions? i just made a small map that wouldnt take to long to finish. let me know : )

how long is this stil open for submissions? i just made a small map that wouldnt take to long to finish. let me know : )

​It is closed. Deadline was end of november

If any of you want to submit a visual update, plz do so by 27th of December. Im going to redownload anything and distribute it after the Christmas break. Just post the info here.

F14m3z likes this

Im going to extend the period for judges to give their opinions until 10th of January 2016. If you're one of them it woudl be a good time to start writing some reviews :D

F14m3z and SickDownlink like this

yep, its dead.

I can pass the blame on all the judges (me included) for not reviewing the maps or nathan for not coming back to me about the minicup stream but it was me who organized the damn thing so Im sorry but it hasnt worked out at all.

I thought that if we develop a simple tool with qualx for judges to provide the reviews people would dedicate their free time to submit the reviews but it wasnt the case and the contest was pretty much doomed to fail if that happen.

In retrospective I think I have chosen the timeframe poorly as it was christmas time, I've also chosen the wrong judges as I havent seen HAL playhing reflex at all so I shouldnt even ask, newborn was probalby busy with the game itself, not sure about def as he started his def does reviews instead :) so yeah go figure.

I think that it also failed due to the expectations for an extended written feedback on the maps. I think more judges would rate the maps if all they had to do was to just click star ratings but my main goal with this was to provide the map makers with feedback on their maps maybe even more than choosing the winner.