Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rekk0r

race
[Race Map] Plato

6 posts in this topic

Download

Time for a new race map. This one is slightly more challenging, and approximately twice the length of Talos but follows similar (lazy) aesthetics. From what I can tell from play-testing it takes a good few runs to find a route that sets you up for the last half of the map but, once you find that route, you'll be rewarded with some flow!

There are a few shortcuts that open up at higher speeds and there shouldn't be anything to stop/slow a very high speed run providing you find the correct route.

All feedback is welcome. Enjoy!

yRnGsOR.jpg

KHERDme.jpg3XVu12H.jpg3hLSY79.jpg

poub and bej like this

Nice Map!

I'm new to Race-Mode. I played this map yesterday to practise strafe-jumps. There is a spot, where I don't know how to jump. It is the place in your third screenshot. How do I get from the lower flor to the upper flor? Do I have to use the fence? Please help me .....

Edit:

I made it. No fence. But the timing is not easy.

Edited by Montisquirrel
solution

Nice Map!

I'm new to Race-Mode. I played this map yesterday to practise strafe-jumps. There is a spot, where I don't know how to jump. It is the place in your third screenshot. How do I get from the lower flor to the upper flor? Do I have to use the fence? Please help me .....

Edit:

I made it. No fence. But the timing is not easy.

I've yet to see a route that successfully incorporates use of the fence. The best bet for this section is to come in at a wide angle (I.e stick to the left wall in screenshot 2) and avoid the fence. Did you manage to complete the map? 

Yes. I managed the complete map. 30sec or something. But that part I was talking about, I complete 1 out of 30  :D

I always arrive with too much speed at the edge next to the fence, so I can't make a proper jump. Maybe give that area tiny more space ?

Edited by Montisquirrel
new info