meowgli

REQUEST SOMETHING LUA

161 posts in this topic

EDITx2: RIP my time commitment. midterms + leaving for 20 days in Vietnam today. will be back after Christmas break. merry xmas reflex community.

EDIT: Wow quite a few requests! Ill likely be starting with the faster simpler ones. If anyone else wants to work on the suggestions in here that would be cool. Its unlikely that I will be able to do the super complex ones.

Hey guys, I have some free time in the next few days and am wondering if you would be so kind as to suggest something that you think is lacking in the UI scripting scene ATM.

Any requests are cool, just wanting something to do. I can't guarantee usability or polish, but I will attempt requests.

Also a plug to my other projects (some of them are cool!):

DP2's weapon widget, except the "pipe" flashes when your ammo is low.

Something that makes an alerting noise when you attempt to select a weapon that is out of ammo

You should totally make a custom countdown lua, where instead of the default countdown timer, it shows a pokemon-esque battle intro. Where in the allotted countdown time, the screen blocks out to black, and then pops up with a little info screen, where it shows something like "player (x) has challenged you to battle", obviously accompanied by appropriate battle music. It's kind of hard to explain, but if you've ever played the pokes you know exactly what I'm talking about. And I've been dying for this sort of thing since the lua update.

Skytoon, Duck, Loori and 1 other like this

You should totally make a custom countdown lua, where instead of the default countdown timer, it shows a pokemon-esque battle intro. Where in the allotted countdown time, the screen blocks out to black, and then pops up with a little info screen, where it shows something like "player (x) has challenged you to battle", obviously accompanied by appropriate battle music. It's kind of hard to explain, but if you've ever played the pokes you know exactly what I'm talking about. And I've been dying for this sort of thing since the lua update.

​yeah with a Database where you can assign the sound of certain pokemons to player names :D

http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/pokemon-gameboy-sound-collection

Add menus / Options to console reated things?

Make the loadingscreen have a mapshot? Or in the serverbrowser perhaps?

Don't know if this is do-able but hey just some ideas

meowgli likes this

A new game options/settings menu and/or server browser that is properly organised to reduce cognitive load.

It's more of a design task than a programming task however, so you may or may not want to do that.

Edited by Stalast

Hey guys, I have some free time in the next few days and am wondering if you would be so kind as to suggest something that you think is lacking in the UI scripting scene ATM.

Any requests are cool, just wanting something to do. I can't guarantee usability or polish, but I will attempt requests.

Also a plug to my other projects (some of them are cool!):

​A crosshair customization system!

Something similar to blacklight retribution, where you choose number of lines of crosshair, thicknesses of dots and lines, size, gaps between etc.

Could also come along with a visual circular display of ammo around the crosshair optionally? Like those dots around the crosshair shown below.

Here's a video of one from blacklight retribution:

Skytoon likes this

I would like to see a widget that tells you when you have high ping, that looks like vain glory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMjJFOhFNPg 

It would be nice if you could adjust the minimum amount of ping before it slides in.

​Will do

Add menus / Options to console reated things?

Make the loadingscreen have a mapshot? Or in the serverbrowser perhaps?

Don't know if this is do-able but hey just some ideas

​pretty sure I have no idea how to do screenies associated with maps. but Ive been thinking for a while how to do a widget that makes calling votes and common console stuff simpler -- will do.

Weapon rack that's invisible. But fades in when you change weapon, then fades out some seconds after. =)

​what base hud do you want it based on? I

I would like to see a widget that tells you when you have high ping, that looks like vain glory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMjJFOhFNPg 

It would be nice if you could adjust the minimum amount of ping before it slides in.

​done

Something that tells your team when a power up is spawning in chat. Like "Carnage in 10"

A widget for a list of favourite servers so I don't have to alt tab into my ips.txt and copy pasta.

Something that takes the current map name and increments a number on the end. Like savemap rr_crap_01 02 03 etc.

meowgli likes this

DP2's weapon widget, except the "pipe" flashes when your ammo is low.

Something that makes an alerting noise when you attempt to select a weapon that is out of ammo

What d'you have in mind for a low ammo indicator? I'm always happy to add stuff to DP2HUD that people want.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Meowgli!

meowgli and MAD_JIHAD like this

Something that tells your team when a power up is spawning in chat. Like "Carnage in 10"

A widget for a list of favourite servers so I don't have to alt tab into my ips.txt and copy pasta.

Something that takes the current map name and increments a number on the end. Like savemap rr_crap_01 02 03 etc.

​gonna do this

What d'you have in mind for a low ammo indicator? I'm always happy to add stuff to DP2HUD that people want.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Meowgli!

​no problem, just reply to requests your doing so I dont re-do the thing. <3

MAD_JIHAD likes this

How about a widget for setting binds to multiple weapons.

ie: Burst and Shotgun to the same bind, when Shotgun is either empty or not held it goes to Burst instead.

Another one that might be useful is turning off/on hit numbers for certain weapons.

Edited by Username

How about a widget for setting binds to multiple weapons.

ie: Burst and Shotgun to the same bind, when Shotgun is either empty or not held it goes to Burst instead.

Another one that might be useful is turning off/on hit numbers for certain weapons.

​You don't need a widget for any of that. You can bind multiple commands to each key; if I recall correctly 

bind game q weapon 3;weapon 5;weapon 7

will make Q select weapon 7 if available, otherwise weapon 5 if available, otherwise weapon 3. If none of them are available it will do nothing. I think.

You can have settings for individual weapons by having various commands separated by semicolons in the bind, for instance

bind game e weapon 8;r_fov 30

will select weapon 8 and make your FoV horrible when you press E.

​You don't need a widget for any of that. You can bind multiple commands to each key; if I recall correctly 

bind game q weapon 3;weapon 5;weapon 7

will make Q select weapon 7 if available, otherwise weapon 5 if available, otherwise weapon 3. If none of them are available it will do nothing. I think.

​This does not work.

Kind of of tropic. But in Blender 3D when you save your file you can just hit the + or - key to add number at the end. And if say the name already is "name2" and you hit + the new name becomes "name3". 

MAD_JIHAD likes this

Something similar to Qualx's CPM clock, but with an options menu. Example: show seconds, count up / down, text color, background color, alpha, etc.

NameVersioner = {canHide = false; canPosition = false;}
registerWidget("NameVersioner")

function NameVersioner:initialize()
	widgetCreateConsoleVariable("save_increment","int",0)
	widgetCreateConsoleVariable("digits","int",3)
end

function NameVersioner:draw()
	local save = widgetGetConsoleVariable("save_increment")
	local digits = widgetGetConsoleVariable("digits")
	if digits < 1 then
		digits = 1
		widgetSetConsoleVariable("digits",1)
	end
	if save ~= 0 then
		widgetSetConsoleVariable("save_increment",0)
		local localPlayer = getLocalPlayer()
		if localPlayer and localPlayer.connected and replayName == "" then
			local name,currentVersion = string.match(world.mapName,"^(.+)_("..string.rep("%d",digits).."+)$")
			if currentVersion then
				local currentVersionNum = tonumber(currentVersion)
				if currentVersionNum then
					consolePerformCommand(string.format("savemap %s_%0"..digits.."i",name,currentVersionNum+1))
				else
					consolePrint("This error should never happen.")
				end
			else
				consolePerformCommand(string.format("savemap %s_%0"..digits.."i",world.mapName,0))
			end
		end
	end
end

Probably doesn't work because I'm half asleep and wrote it in about five minutes but if you want to lose all your maps then bind a key to

ui_nameversioner_save_increment 1

and pray.

ui_nameversioner_digits

is the minimum number of digits that it will use. (ie. digits = 3 will increment cpm22 initially to cpm22_000 then it'll go cpm22_001 cpm22_002 ... cpm22_999 and then it'll just continue on to extra digits, namely cpm22_1000 and so on)

bej, meowgli and MAD_JIHAD like this