meowgli

REQUEST SOMETHING LUA

161 posts in this topic

Widget to set damage numbers color based on damage,which weapon you want it enabled/disabled,size of the the numbers.

right now default damage numbers color are based on what weapon you use like rl red number,gl green,bolt yellow....

sometime seem you hit a direct rocket but was just 80/90, with this widget could be easy ^ ^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zohd said:

Widget to set damage numbers color based on damage,which weapon you want it enabled/disabled,size of the the numbers.

right now default damage numbers color are based on what weapon you use like rl red number,gl green,bolt yellow....

sometime seem you hit a direct rocket but was just 80/90, with this widget could be easy ^ ^ 

Damage numbers aren't accessible for scripting, because it would basically allow you to monitor the enemy stack. Maybe in spec.

MAD_JIHAD, Zohd and meowgli like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mizzu said:

Damage numbers aren't accessible for scripting, because it would basically allow you to monitor the enemy stack. Maybe in spec.

Yeah, I totally get the reasoning, but it's a shame because I would really like to change the formatting and implement damage batching like TF2. If there were no global item timers it would probably actually be safe to allow this, since a script would only know when the enemy stack went down, not up. But I guess you can't really have both at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the only way for have more options for dmg numbers is from dev coding or they also can't do nothing about this? Ty for the explanations.

The only thing we can do is like disable damage numbers for some weapons like if i binded ion cannon to E i can double bind E also with the cmd cl_text_time 0 and the other weapons with cl_text_time 1 so i can toggle it on/off right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2016 at 10:59 AM, Owl said:

Chatbind widget interface. Just something where I can input whatever bind and assign a key to it, hassle doing it in console.

 

On 1/21/2016 at 6:09 AM, Kered13 said:

I could definitely do this, but I don't like chat binds. :P

(I might actually do it, I don't know. I'm thinking about it.)

Alright, I decided to do it. I had a little bit of fun with this one and added the ability to have dynamic chat binds. Here's a screenshot showing the options.

Code/downloads are here. You'll want KeredChatBinds.lua and the entire Utils and OptionsGadgets folders. I might make some changes in the next couple days. In particular, feel free to offer suggestions for more substitutions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kered13 said:

 

Alright, I decided to do it. I had a little bit of fun with this one and added the ability to have dynamic chat binds. Here's a screenshot showing the options.

Code/downloads are here. You'll want KeredChatBinds.lua and the entire Utils and OptionsGadgets folders. I might make some changes in the next couple days. In particular, feel free to offer suggestions for more substitutions.

Looks fucking dope! I have a problem tho:

uwaas4w.png

What did I do wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you download the Utils folder as well? It looks like it's missing Utils/Class.lua. Alternatively, there might be some error that's cut off in the screenshot, scroll up and check if there are any more error messages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, the util folder is there as well. I downloaded the zip and took the lua file + the two folders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any other errors then? The error message in your screenshot indicates that there was something else wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I think I might know the problem. The files need to be in a folder called Kered13, since that's the import path. Specifically, the Utils and OptionsGadgets folders need to be under "base/internal/ui/Kered13".

EDIT: Also I fixed a bug, so you should probably redownload it.

Owl likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could do that if I knew what the right equations for optimal strafe angle were. Is there any existing widget that does something like this?

meowgli likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Owl said:

ReflexRun does have a strafemeter

feels that it works incorrect. Maybe for old movement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Furioness said:

feels that it works incorrect. Maybe for old movement.

Did Reflex movement change at some point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2016 at 3:12 PM, Kered13 said:

Did Reflex movement change at some point?

36-37, yes -- but the strafe huds should have been updated

oh yeah kered, I currently have a widget that randomly chooses phrases out of a list for multiple binds/key. is there any way you could add string parsing, so you could put "chatbindtext1 $(%chance);chatbindtext1 $(%chance)" ect?. I currently just have a table of strings doing it, which is messy to edit/add to

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meowgli said:

36-37, yes -- but the strafe huds should have been updated

oh yeah kered, I currently have a widget that randomly chooses phrases out of a list for multiple binds/key. is there any way you could add string parsing, so you could put "chatbindtext1 $(%chance);chatbindtext1 $(%chance)" ect?. I currently just have a table of strings doing it, which is messy to edit/add to

Huh. Maybe I'm blind, I see discussion of it in the 37.0 thread but I don't see anything about it in the notes.

Yes, something like that is definitely doable, though I don't know if it would be any easier to use than a table of phrases and probabilities in the options menu. Assuming the syntax has some separator between each chat line and a separator between the chat text and the probability, it's just a matter of splitting the string on those separators and storing the result in a Lua table.

MAD_JIHAD and meowgli like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Kered13 said:

Huh. Maybe I'm blind, I see discussion of it in the 37.0 thread but I don't see anything about it in the notes.

Yes, something like that is definitely doable, though I don't know if it would be any easier to use than a table of phrases and probabilities in the options menu. Assuming the syntax has some separator between each chat line and a separator between the chat text and the probability, it's just a matter of splitting the string on those separators and storing the result in a Lua table.

Thats what I was thinking, but lazy AF. My current system just allocates a series of numbers (%) into a total of 100, then rnd and choose the phrase with the correlating set of numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2016 at 10:59 AM, Furioness said:

feels that it works incorrect. Maybe for old movement.

I just checked and the ReflexRun HUD has not been updated since 37.0 (at least not on GitHub).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.02.2016 at 1:09 PM, Kered13 said:

I just checked and the ReflexRun HUD has not been updated since 37.0 (at least not on GitHub).

Are u mean that it wasn't need to update or just not updated?
I'm bad in race, but using only this widget can't complete br_pads, when spectating some good racers can see that they using bit bigger angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When selecting the melee key, a random melee weapon appears out of your workshop bought items. Unfortunately it sometimes takes a short while to get a confirmation/response from steam servers of your request to use a workshop item, so I don't know if this would really be able to function very well. Perhaps would function best when moving away from the melee weapon, sounds a bit of a mess though?

MAD_JIHAD and The Piep like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Minimizer :D. I don't know if this could be done through a Lua Script, but it would be really nice to have a "ReflexMinimizer" which minimizes Reflex into the Taskbar by pressing a key or a key combination. Is this possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2016 at 6:21 PM, Furioness said:

Are u mean that it wasn't need to update or just not updated?
I'm bad in race, but using only this widget can't complete br_pads, when spectating some good racers can see that they using bit bigger angle.

According to the other posters in this thread, it needs to be updated.

 

On 3/1/2016 at 3:02 AM, bej said:

When selecting the melee key, a random melee weapon appears out of your workshop bought items. Unfortunately it sometimes takes a short while to get a confirmation/response from steam servers of your request to use a workshop item, so I don't know if this would really be able to function very well. Perhaps would function best when moving away from the melee weapon, sounds a bit of a mess though?

How do you check if a weapon is available? You might be able to do that when the game starts or something and then just remember which weapons are available. Actually I haven't messed at all with workshop items, so I don't know how they work in Lua.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now