meowgli

REQUEST SOMETHING LUA

161 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, banReflex said:

Is there a way to re-do the default widget showing how much damage your hit did? How do I get that number?

Not sure, but I think that this information is not available, since you could add all those numbers and know exactly how much damage you have done. And that would be kinda cheating. But maybe there is some way to customize the text style it self, I don't know that.

The Piep likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2016 at 7:20 AM, Grybzt said:

Not sure, but I think that this information is not available, since you could add all those numbers and know exactly how much damage you have done. And that would be kinda cheating. But maybe there is some way to customize the text style it self, I don't know that.

I just checked, and those numbers are available since the scoreboard update. I'm working on a widget now to add damage batching like in TF2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kered13 said:

I just checked, and those numbers are available since the scoreboard update. I'm working on a widget now to add damage batching like in TF2.

How do you get those numbers? Only thing I can do is for when I'm spectating.

Edit: nvm, figured it out: .stats.totalDamageDone

Edited by banReflex
I can read

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kered13 said:

You can't draw the damage numbers over the person that you hit, that's about the only shortcoming.

For non grenade projectiles you know the angle and time it was fired and the speed they travel, with stats you can get the time it hit if you constantly check for a change in accuracy, so technically it is possible. I think it would require to much storing and calling of information and end up affecting performance though. Another way to do it would be assume the hit happened at your crosshair and draw the hit markers at a pre-determined distance. Maybe damage batching could help reduce the performance hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna disable the scoreboard and (non-team) chat when I'm in a match but not when I'm in warmup. Any lua wizards willing to help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if it has been suggested. 

An indicator similar to the grenade one on time-left-to-explode but for doublejumps... see for how long you can perform that 2nd jump and when it's ready to perform too. I think this would help new players "visualize" how this technique works.

promEUs and ketku like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to remove floating damage numbers with IC? I don't know anything about lua

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, memphis said:

I don't know if it has been suggested. 

An indicator similar to the grenade one on time-left-to-explode but for doublejumps... see for how long you can perform that 2nd jump and when it's ready to perform too. I think this would help new players "visualize" how this technique works.

Real quick, has some options, idk if this is what you wanted. The number only display when you make a double jump letting you know how many ms there were in between the 2 jumps.

Here's how it looks like:

 

ketku and memphis like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe this is challenging...

a widget that lets you type a whole sentence and then it automatically puts together all the meshes of characters. This way you could directly type something instead of actually mapping the sentences. Being able to choose color and size would be amazing! Is this doable?

bej and The Piep like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.4.2016 at 10:34 AM, Kered13 said:

I just checked, and those numbers are available since the scoreboard update. I'm working on a widget now to add damage batching like in TF2.

Has this been finished already? Is it "cheating" to use a widget that calculates total damage of an attack (e.g. ion)?

Could be something like timer, to be disabled on some servers...

I'd like to have something like that though, just to get a feel for it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CereS said:

Has this been finished already? Is it "cheating" to use a widget that calculates total damage of an attack (e.g. ion)?

Could be something like timer, to be disabled on some servers...

I'd like to have something like that though, just to get a feel for it...

You can try mine, it can show damage done, damage taken or damage exchanged. It's green if you're winning, red if you're losing and the bigger the difference the bigger the number. Or it's colored by the amount of damage you took/ did if you're only showing that.

Check the options, should explain it well. It works on stats so it won't work in warmup!

 https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5A23B77D5E07A120!41961&authkey=!AP7XxXJEkjzc0no&ithint=file%2clua

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CereS said:

Has this been finished already? Is it "cheating" to use a widget that calculates total damage of an attack (e.g. ion)?

Could be something like timer, to be disabled on some servers...

I'd like to have something like that though, just to get a feel for it...

I don't think it can be considered cheating if it's clearly possible using only the widget system and the data made available to it. Whether it's a good thing to have in the game or not is beside the point. I can imagine a server option to disable statistics for active players to make widgets like this impossible.

I posted my implementation in this thread btw: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A widget that allows you to type messages in console without having to use "say" command. If that's possible, I would be very thankful. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2016 at 5:41 AM, CereS said:

And a widget overview widget, for widgets to be enabled/disabled, without going to options.

I could do this, I know how to manipulate widgets from other widgets. But on what menu would you do this if not the options menu? Do you mean do it in the options for the overview widget? I think I can also do it on the scoreboard.

14 hours ago, DEZ said:

And widget that creates widgets by my requests.

I can technically do this as well, using the loadstring function in Lua that executes a string as code. I think I could even make it save the new widget, by saving the code in the widget-editor widget and reexecuting it on start. But I'm guessing this was meant as a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kered13 said:

I could do this, I know how to manipulate widgets from other widgets. But on what menu would you do this if not the options menu? Do you mean do it in the options for the overview widget? I think I can also do it on the scoreboard.

I can technically do this as well, using the loadstring function in Lua that executes a string as code. I think I could even make it save the new widget, by saving the code in the widget-editor widget and reexecuting it on start. But I'm guessing this was meant as a joke.

About the widget-overview widget: I imagined a list of widgets, that I can activate/deactivate, popping up like the team-hud. I don't know how it's possible to select individual widgets though, since mouse clicks won't work I guess...

I'm aware though that I would need to bind this widget-overview to a key, but it would be just one bind...

Nevertheless, I really don't know if that's possible technically, it was just my imagination :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kered13 said:

I can technically do this as well, using the loadstring function in Lua that executes a string as code. I think I could even make it save the new widget, by saving the code in the widget-editor widget and reexecuting it on start. But I'm guessing this was meant as a joke.

4

Indeed, it was.

Kered13 I know you know the stuff. Could you make a CPMA-style team overlay? )

Here's example

HP8Emw9.jpg

transcript:

background frame [
	mate #4 ( Power-up. Alias. HP. Weapon Icon. Armor. Position. )
	mate #3 ( Power-up. Alias. HP. Weapon Icon. Armor. Position. )
	mate #2 ( Power-up. Alias. HP. Weapon Icon. Armor. Position. )
	mate #1 ( Power-up. Alias. HP. Weapon Icon. Armor. Position. )
	] background frame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CereS said:

About the widget-overview widget: I imagined a list of widgets, that I can activate/deactivate, popping up like the team-hud. I don't know how it's possible to select individual widgets though, since mouse clicks won't work I guess...

I'm aware though that I would need to bind this widget-overview to a key, but it would be just one bind...

Nevertheless, I really don't know if that's possible technically, it was just my imagination :D

Mouse clicks work on the scoreboard (when you press right click by default, I think). I can do it there. I don't know if there's any other way to use the mouse without going into the menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now