meowgli

REQUEST SOMETHING LUA

161 posts in this topic

Can we have a tumblr widget that auto changes our prefixes to be gender neutral?

Side function I want: The ability for the game to automatically recognise when someone is infringing on my SAFE SPACE, I can't stand it when people say mean things or imply i'm not an attack helicopter, it hurts when people say stuff like that.

Can we please not be labelled as a country either, not everyone identifies with the country in which they were born, people need to be better informed about transcountrialism

seekax and Sharqosity like this

On 7/5/2016 at 7:46 AM, wh1te said:

A widgets that allows you to mute a particular person from typing in the chat. 

I think this is doable. I'll try to look into in the next couple days (unless someone else does it first).

wh1te likes this

On 7/5/2016 at 7:46 AM, wh1te said:

A widgets that allows you to mute a particular person from typing in the chat. 

I'm about 90% complete. You can get it from my Reflex files. It's KeredMuteableChat.lua. You need to download the Utils and OptionsGadgets folders as well (and preserve the folder structures, so those folders should be in the same as KeredMuteableChat.lua). You can mute players on the server or mute players permanently.

What remains to be done is adding a page in the options for managing muted players.

I would like an chat widget that hides during a match, but is visible otherwise

On 17/07/2016 at 2:03 PM, Kered13 said:

I'm about 90% complete. You can get it from my Reflex files. It's KeredMuteableChat.lua. You need to download the Utils and OptionsGadgets folders as well (and preserve the folder structures, so those folders should be in the same as KeredMuteableChat.lua). You can mute players on the server or mute players permanently.

What remains to be done is adding a page in the options for managing muted players.

Fucking hell Kered, you are making an amazing job! Thank you so much for putting your time into it and actually creating a widget that does that! You are da best! 

On 7/19/2016 at 4:15 PM, wh1te said:

Fucking hell Kered, you are making an amazing job! Thank you so much for putting your time into it and actually creating a widget that does that! You are da best! 

Alright, I finally finished the widget. That took a bit longer than I thought. You can get the latest version in the same place. Make sure you update the library folders as well (Utils, and OptionsGadgets). Also, as a side thing, I made the chat box show the chat history when you open it up (chats won't fade away permanently). I tested it on a server with several people, but if you run into any bugs let me know.

This was a fun project, I ended up adding a bunch of new useful shit to my widget libraries to do this.

banReflex likes this

On 7/17/2016 at 11:45 AM, ketku said:

I would like an chat widget that hides during a match, but is visible otherwise

You can do this by simply modifying the existing ChatLog widget to not draw when the gameState is in progress, or whatever it's called (the relevant constants are at the top of reflexcore.lua).

44 minutes ago, Kered13 said:

Alright, I finally finished the widget. You can get the latest version in the same place. Make sure you update the library folders as well (Utils, and OptionsGadgets). That took a bit longer than I thought. Also, as a side thing, I made the chat box show the chat history when you open it up (chats won't fade away permanently). I tested it on a server with several people, but if you run into any bugs let me know.

This was a fun project, I ended up adding a bunch of new useful shit to my widget libraries to do this.

It's very nice, good work!

Chat widget with chat log?

Basically DP2 chat widget, but standalone.

I don't want whole hud, just that one widget.

Would be nice, thanks :)

On 5/16/2016 at 9:25 AM, dansen said:

reading qualx under cheat protection in rama's duel cup thread got me thinking. 

a widget that lists all active widgets + a hash of each widget,  or maybe a list of all installed widgets. 

possible? 

My chat widget above displays the last 7 chat messages when the chat window is open, I'm not sure if that's the kind of thing you're looking for.

This is a small utility widget that I don't think is worth it's own thread, so I'm posting it here.

It implements a simple REPL lets write and execute lines of Lua from within the game. It's primarily useful if you're building a widget and need to test a short bit of code or inspect some global state. You can only enter one line at a time, but multiple statements can be separated with a semicolon, like in normal Lua. It can read and modify global state. If you want to see the result of your command, make sure to "return" it. For example, if you want to see the state of the "world" table, you could simply enter "return world".

Code is here. It's called "KeredRepl". Download the Utils and OptionsGadgets folders as well and make sure to preserve file structure.

I want an awards widget for my fragmovie that displays the awards in the top left. When multiple awards are acquired at once I'd like them to appear side-by-side as opposed to one after the other. I would also like to see all text/points removed.

Should look something like this.

Thanks!

EDIT: Kyto already made the widget. Thanks!

A widget that allows you to increase/decrease volume in increments specified by the user. Maybe using the up arrow to increase volume, and down arrow decreases volume.

1 hour ago, X said:

A widget that allows you to increase/decrease volume in increments specified by the user. Maybe using the up arrow to increase volume, and down arrow decreases volume.

http://pastebin.com/fUqmXrYj

bind game up ui_volumeControl_increment 0.05
bind game down ui_volumeControl_increment -0.05

Jaguar likes this

13 hours ago, Kered13 said:

Is there a mute toggle command? Otherwise I might write one.

Nope, increment only.

true health bar replacing/combining separate health and armor bars?

color depending on which armor one is on and a sign if one holds mega with the number ticking down so you know when mega runs out?

and perhaps a number or line on the bar indicating how much self dmg has to be done to be able to pick up yellow when on is on red?

so that one has just one bar instead of actually 3 health, armor and a small true health...?

51 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

true health bar replacing/combining separate health and armor bars?

color depending on which armor one is on and a sign if one holds mega with the number ticking down so you know when mega runs out?

and perhaps a number or line on the bar indicating how much self dmg has to be done to be able to pick up yellow when on is on red?

so that one has just one bar instead of actually 3 health, armor and a small true health...?

I've already seen 'full stack' bars that combine health and armour. Have a look at some of the HUDs that are available, and I'm sure there's a default widget called TrueStack.