meowgli

REQUEST SOMETHING LUA

159 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Jaguar said:

I've already seen 'full stack' bars that combine health and armour. Have a look at some of the HUDs that are available, and I'm sure there's a default widget called TrueStack.

the default "TrueHealth" is 3 tiny stripes... gonna search for "full stack" bars... I have to say there are so many widgets it is overwhelming.

all the possibilities with widgets seems a good trick holding people back from wanting to mod the game

4 minutes ago, NeuerGolf said:

I did something like that just presented in a different way.

Yeah I saw it :)

nicely done! I will have a look into it...!

btw, I want a new Golf too ;)

I would like a health bar and an armor bar with much like in the castlevania to NES where the health is displayed as points instead of numbers or in a bar. For example 5 hp per rectangle, 20 rectangles. Mega colors the health points blue. As you lose health the rectangles disappear/turn transparent from left to right. Armor works the same way, gets colored by the armor being worn and is lost from right to left.

Someone made this for me about a year ago but i lost everything in resets during my 8 mnth break so i could use some help getting something similar.

Dunno if this one is possible.

Can we have a widget that saves the profile of bots when creating a game. One that saves the amount of bots to add, their individual skill level and their profiles e.g. ROTARY. Might only be possible to do this once you've connected to the server.

Grybzt likes this

On 3/9/2017 at 5:29 AM, X said:

Dunno if this one is possible.

Can we have a widget that saves the profile of bots when creating a game. One that saves the amount of bots to add, their individual skill level and their profiles e.g. ROTARY. Might only be possible to do this once you've connected to the server.

Looking at the host match code, it looks like it's supposed to remember your last bot settings. However there is a bug if Steam integration is enabled. The code to draw the host match menu checks to see if the selected map has navigation data, but workshop maps are not loaded until you open the map selection window. Since there is no map data loaded, it thinks that there is no navigation data and resets the bot data to empty, which also clobbers your saved bot data.

To answer the larger question, yes a widget like this is possible. The console variables "ui_menu_startbot1" to "ui_menu_startbot8" contains the bot data stored as a string. A widget can easily read or write to these values to change the bot settings. You can also get the bot information during a match from the botSkill field of a player table.