Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KovaaK

Phase 2 of community involvement - non-specific gameplay footage with the right names/teams

9 posts in this topic

For this phase, we've got 2-3 dozen games we need to record with non-specific gameplay, but specific player names/teams/maps.  I mean it will be team X versus team Y with the correct player names on a specific map.  As far as what actually happens in the game (which team wins, who frags who, who captures flags), it doesn't matter.  Almost anything could happen in the replay, and that's fine.  The only requirement is that the players have stable enough connections that they aren't jerkily moving everywhere on the replay (most of the games in the movie will be on LAN, so it wouldn't make sense to have connection issues).

For example, I'm going to need a replay file of Exalted (players named Skytoon, jliu, BattleSnacks, and dream) versus Om3n (players named Pulse, eGo, TANK, and cranKEd, along with the correct cl_playercolor1/2 set) on CTF-monolith.  Something 10 minutes or so would be cool.  I don't care if it's really Skytoon playing as Skytoon - I just need someone named Skytoon playing in that matchup, and ditto for every other player listed.

Q: Why do you want this stuff?

A: These replays will be used on the set when the actors are sitting at computers mimicing playing the game.  So our actor for Pulse will have a video file up with Pulse's POV of a match, and he'll be using an unplugged mouse/keyboard to make it look like he's the one playing.  The camera will in most cases be far enough away from the monitor that specific footage won't matter as far as the plot goes.

Q: How are you going to coordinate this stuff?

A: The official Reflex Discord.  I made a channel for movie stuff here, and any time we have 8 people willing to play 10 minute matches on a server where we can obtain replay files, I'd like to get going (edit: most of the important CTF games are played, just going to see if we need to re-record anything).  If you're reading this, and the top of this post doesn't hasn't been edited to say we're done, then we have matches that still need replays recorded.

Q: But isn't the movie supposed to have specific things happen?

A: Yes.  That's a later phase.  I'm looking forward to that - we have around 100 specific choreographed scenes of awesome stuff happening that we're going to need recorded, and it should be a blast.  But we're not at that point yet.

1 hour ago, KovaaK said:

I don't care if it's really Skytoon playing as Skytoon - I just need someone named Skytoon

I care, just kidding, but get a pro to play as Skytoon if I'm not around ?

Played some games today, still plenty more to go.  Will see if enough players are around in a few hours to get some more games recorded, and probably going to try some more tomorrow too.  Thanks to everyone who has helped so far! :)

Holy crap we played a ton of matches.  Officially we hit every CTF match that needed to be played (aside from footage that will be on various LAN screens and such).  Still going to do a few specific scenes and some 1on1s, but that was good to knock out.

Much <3 to the Reflex community for the support with this :D.

Duck likes this