Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HaraldQuake

Rocket selfdamage in Arena-Gamemodes

7 posts in this topic

Please add rocket and grenade selfdamage to all arena gamemodes since I'm pretty sure it would make this gamemode a lot more tactical and less spammy. Only have no selfdamage in pre-round time to give players the option to position themself. Since I started to duel more, I can no longer enjoy ATDM and A1V1 because there is no selfdamage and it's cheap.

25 minutes ago, furyaxsfigkjhn said:

Please add rocket and grenade selfdamage to all arena gamemodes since I'm pretty sure it would make this gamemode a lot more tactical and less spammy. Only have no selfdamage in pre-round time to give players the option to position themself. Since I started to duel more, I can no longer enjoy ATDM and A1V1 because there is no selfdamage and it's cheap.

In my opinion the thing that is most fun about aTDM is flying around overkill or whatever fast as fuck while/inbetween fighting and sniping =) For the bigger maps it would play as a totally different mode. Maybe it should be explored tho

doombro and AliceMadness like this

18 hours ago, furyaxsfigkjhn said:

I'm pretty sure it would make this gamemode a lot more tactical and less spammy. 

Oh yeah, I forgot that ATDM needs to be tactical. You have TDM, CTF, Duel and A1v1 for that. Also, ATDM is probably the most popular team mode in the game currently so without a doubt, people enjoy being able to rj and do tricks. It is also fun and challenging at the same time, 

AliceMadness likes this

Adding self damage wouldn't make the arena modes tactically interesting, it would just make them slower. The other modes are interesting because of the way the items force you to move around the map and contest different areas at different times, etc.

I can see why you might prefer the style of combat you'd get with self damage on, though, so perhaps it could be votable. But to me the fun of the arena modes comes mostly from rocketing around at silly speeds, so I'd hate to see self damage on by default.

The Arena modes are designed to be "cheap". They're all about being able to just load it up and do all the things you shouldn't do in 1v1/TDM -- rocket jump off every wall, ignore items, charge into a room at 1000ups, go for risky kills and combos.

Self damage won't magically add depth to the mode, it'll just bring it even closer to "same thing except you have all the guns and items". If you want depth, go for 1v1/TDM. 

MnstH, LoNeZiLLa, Duck and 1 other like this