Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grybzt

ATDM Titan

8 posts in this topic

Hello, 

Not many ATDM maps are made for Reflex, so I am trying to make one. Map is focused for ATDM mode, so there is no pickups at the moment, might be added in future.

Right now I just want feedback to improve map and make it fun and then make it pretty :D

Download link: http://reflexfiles.com/file/533

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608381356

New screenshot:

5zRLRSf.jpg

I still consider this map unfinished, so I still want to hear feedback ! :)

Thank you Tac, Zohd, Nemedian and others for help ! :)

Change notes:
-A lot of layout changes. Also scaled map a bit.

-First art pass. Size of map is really a restriction for amount of meshes I can use ( I use my bad PC as a reference).

Old screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

2016-01-21_00003.thumb.jpg.b3d5703be97ad2016-01-21_00002.thumb.jpg.ec3a666c4bee92016-01-21_00004.thumb.jpg.08cff952e90e0

Tac, Tigerman99, banReflex and 2 others like this

I just was running around your map for some minutes (alone) and here is a quick feedback:

- I like the architecture, looks promising

- I think, it is too small for ATDM. Maybe 2on2 is ok, but I would guess its too small for 3on3 or 4on4.

- I love to play ATDM with Reflex/Cpma movement. Use rockets to get speed and then hunting. You map has no "speed route" yet. There is no route where you can get very fast and "fly" around the map. Imho thats one reason why DM6 is so popular with clan arena, because you have this "circle" around the map, where you can fly around without stopping.

- Maybe what you could do is copy/paste everything you have so far 2 more times, so you get 3 "towers". Make all 3 a little bit different and connect them together.

- give it some colour. Even if it is still a early version, just add some love :)

looking forward to the next version. We need more maps for ATDM!

Grybzt likes this

New version ! :)

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608381356

Change notes:
-A lot of layout changes. Also scaled map a bit.

-First art pass. Size of map is really a restriction for amount of meshes I can use ( I use my bad PC as a reference).

Screenshot:

5zRLRSf.jpg

I still consider this map unfinished, so I still want to hear feedback ! :)

Thank you :)

/fragile and sensi_ like this

Very stylish, I really like the colours and the design ideas here. The brighter cream corner pieces made of stone are unusual, but OK I think.

Basically mixing "Gothic" stones and very modern and streamlined geometry will tend to looks out of place, slightly. IMO, especially on the far grey wall it looks a bit weird. I may be wrong but when using stones in the map, those should probably be used in a as clean and consistent manner as possible, i.e. in  pristine sort of way, to fit with the clean design. So the cream corners seem fine, and also the straight up dark grey stone pillars moved into the wall on the very right. The more splotchy cream stone on the floor as deco, IMO less so.

This is my favourite Reflex map and is also the favourite of my friends who I've gifted the game.
 I can't remember what we've discussed about the map in detail but a minor improvement would be to colour the two halves of the map different so when communicating with your team you can call exactly where the opponents are. We've given areas of the map names, but there's no way to tell them apart, as far as we can tell.

Great map!

I'd recommend you tone down the Sun on this map, I need to turn it off as I can't see my rockets at all since it's too bright.

Grybzt likes this

On 5/18/2016 at 4:19 AM, b33p said:

This is my favourite Reflex map and is also the favourite of my friends who I've gifted the game.
 I can't remember what we've discussed about the map in detail but a minor improvement would be to colour the two halves of the map different so when communicating with your team you can call exactly where the opponents are. We've given areas of the map names, but there's no way to tell them apart, as far as we can tell.

Great map!

I am glad to hear that !

I still see a lot of thing that could be improved in this map. Making 2 parts of map more visually recognizable is part of that. I will fix this probably at the same time with lighting. I might also put labels on the walls with places names. So I would love to hear how you call those places :)

Thank you for feedback ! :)

On 5/18/2016 at 11:47 AM, banReflex said:

I'd recommend you tone down the Sun on this map, I need to turn it off as I can't see my rockets at all since it's too bright.

Yeah, I know. I believe 0.41 broke lighting with new skybox and haven't fixed it yet, currently very busy, but soon I will have much more free time and then I will make sure to fix this :)

Thanks for feedback ! :)