MAD_JIHAD

I made a shipping container (prefab/asset)

7 posts in this topic

Here is a shipping container I made 100% out of brushes. The idea is for industrial/scifi maps to have a place to put a weapon or something inside or on-top etc. The doors can be made open or closed depending on what you want the container for. Feel free to use it in your maps.

0kKus8F.jpg

asset_crate.zip

ok_hand, rekk0r, Electro and 1 other like this

We really could use a save selected items and (load them again)... also a save/load of complete prefabs by now.

Nifty container design. You might like to colour the lock mechanism in some form of grey... to give it more depth, and to help container users with the colour choices off the bat.

Electro likes this

Looks awesome! However, to have a map full of those would be really laggy since brushes are much more laggy than effect meshes :L

Perhaps the devs can implement a mesh like this into the game as an effect? That would be great :3

Good point... I was wondering if the Reflex engine was starting to treat polygons any way they come, so that the distinction between brush and mesh would only be in how these can or cannot be edited, i.e. brushes let you change them, meshes are pretty much the way they are. I hope this can happen at some point in the future.

A middle ground would be to have prefabs actually be made up of brushes but as prefab converted to "meshes". (Though I do see an issue of unmeshing a prefab back into a set of brushes.) So that the prefabs had the flexibility of brushes, but the GPU efficiency of actual, meshes. Well... not sure that is even possible... but I like the elegance of the idea.