Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smilecythe

[WIP] Q3DM18 / Space Chamber rmx

7 posts in this topic

VL7E4yl.jpg

So.. I was working on a remix of the QL version of Space Chamber, with reminiscing layout but with distinctive differences and some additional stuff. I got bit carried away with detail and found out that some of the textures and meshes (outside the dev texture folder) aren't going to work anymore in the future builds so I'm feeling the bumma obviously now.

Here's more screenshots of the map: https://imgur.com/a/mHGTw

So, I have to basically remove all the meshes and half of the textures and redo some other time. I will use these screenshots myself as reference for redoing it again (if I have to) in the future versions when I can be assured that the effort wont be wasted. Layout of the map is not finished so no downloads for now, I'd rather have it finished before release :)

Cheers!

Very nice concept!

Although i recommend to remove the ready made brushes. The bits you built yourself are much more original!

This was done before these pipe and fan meshes were practiced universally by every mapper, back then it was still original. Not so much anymore I suppose. 

Either way, I'll make it my mission to finish this after I'm done with a defrag map of mine.

Even without all the other maps that have these meshes. Your custom designs and the meshes don't fit together properly. Your self-made ornaments are so much more interesting.

I Love that Floor-grid or whatever it is under the Quaddamage! I want to see more like this! (Although use a gridless texture for it when finalizing). i'd rather see you go in that direction ;-)

This was done before these pipe and fan meshes were practiced universally by every mapper, back then it was still original. Not so much anymore I suppose. 

Either way, I'll make it my mission to finish this after I'm done with a defrag map of mine.

I never used any meshes ;p but than again geometry of my maps are better described with a word 'simple' ;d