Kyto

Icons for frag messages

8 posts in this topic

So I had the idea to include all the different cosmetic melee items to my death message widget. Currently the game only has the axe icon (ui/icons/weapon1.svg) and I don't think the devs intend to include all the other cosmetics (or if they do it's probably a really low priority). So to illustrate a bit here's a picture of what the death messages look like:

meleekillz-d244af.jpg

At the moment I can use the axe-icon for the hatchets (red ArenaFPS Hatchet, golden Supporter Hatchet, blue Hatchet) but I'd still need icons for: machete, wrench, pipe, pipe wrench, crescent wrench and crowbar. Basically all the items listed in the item store.

But the thing is I'm no artist and I'm terrible at making graphics. So I'm looking for a person who is talented in graphics and is capable of making SVGs.

This is just a cool novelty feature I'd like in my widget so I understand if someone doesn't want to put their time and effort into it. If anyone's up for it leave a reply or a pm or message me on Discord.

Bonus: It would also be cool to have icons for death by lava, drowning, falling out of the map, suicide, running out of roundtime (in arena gamemodes) and telefrags.

To devs: It would be nice to get the killer/victim player index in log events instead of name + team. I'm currently using the name and team combo to fetch the correct player but it's slightly unreliable (if 2 players have the same name and team my function will match the one who has smaller index).

+1. I have noticed yesterday that a lot of streamers on twitch whilst playing new Overwatch beta, they loved the new kill messages, new kill feed and at least 90% of them said that fps games should have a nice killfeed as it feels more rewarding and visually pleasing. I personally love the idea of having official kill message and kill feed with Icons as every single fps/afps game has it where in Reflex, you have to look for the widget on forums and most of the new players don't even know that the forum or/and discord exist. 

meleefrags-2449a3.jpg

Thanks to Lx for providing the missing icons!

The widget itself still needs some polish so I'm not releasing it quite yet. I'm also open to suggestions for different colors since I pretty much just used a color picker on the item store pictures.

Grybzt and MAD_JIHAD like this

Fixed the frag messages breaking when someone was using the ArenaFPS Hatchet. Updated the link in the previous post.

Also the colors for icons should be better now.

yo if someone makes these, hit me up with them svg's. I would like to add them to my existing killfeed widget.