promEUs

Reflextrain

14 posts in this topic

REFLEXTRAIN
Reflextrain is a personal project of mine that aims to help players improve their mechanical skills regarding movement and also builds upon
@Bonuspunkts reflexjump map

Workshop link!

In Reflextrain you will find sections to train strafing, circlejumping (with and without plasma hops) and rocket jumping.
The map also features 3 reflexjump sections, 3 challenge rooms and a freestyle room!
Any and all feedback appreciated! Enjoy!
1.thumb.png.cb51d5f7db1635e2d4fccc8990fa3.thumb.png.c57e8bd9cc452593c3ad73fcb86a5.thumb.png.52dbae85b944e470d042bbec18f3

Thanks to @MAD_JIHAD, @Bonuspunkt, @memphis, @poub @Warlord Wossman, @DraQu, Night and @rekk0r for their various contributions and input on the map!

Yasashii, Jaguar, slobo^- and 14 others like this

23 hours ago, promEUs said:

3.thumb.png.c57e8bd9cc452593c3ad73fcb86a

Creating depth in a map's view using even more of similar geometry is really appealing. One used to avoid that to not boggle down the FPS, making your map unusual in that respect. But Reflex seems to be better at coping with so much brush-based geometry. Very elegant.

rekk0r, promEUs and slobo^- like this

nice! we cant have enough practice maps for people to get into the game. the holy trinity together with b0_reflex and parkourstation. :)

the stages work well so far, strafepads seem well optimized. i personally would tweak some minor stuff in the challenge rooms but its not that important really.

i noticed some weird graphic glitches/flickering in the CJ room's green/orange area. some of the walls turn black or grey at specific mouse angles.

the compilation of most of the fragmap trickjumps is definitely a neat and useful feature to have.

i made a quick showcase video including movementkeys & playerspeed in case some of the newer players struggle with a specific jump so they can look it up when needed.

edit: made one for the second stage aswell.

[@novice players: keep in mind almost all of these jumps can be done in multiple ways]

trip likes this

On 2/18/2016 at 7:31 PM, NeuerGolf said:

Isnt that thct7?

Yes and no. Either way the point of the trick is to leap over the gap without making a sound, by either "air/ground strafing" or "wallrunning". 

Bonuspunkt likes this

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 4:02 PM, Smilecythe said:

There should be a teleporter preventing jumping in that cpm1 trick, you're not meant to jump there :P

The part at 0:08 in slobo's video.

There could be, but I guess it would end up confusing more than doing good - not like many people play cpm1 anymore ;)

50 minutes ago, promEUs said:

There could be, but I guess it would end up confusing more than doing good - not like many people play cpm1 anymore ;)

Yes, but a map where you jump over a gap with a minimal/zero jump space is not a thing people play either. Leaping over things with ground speed and no sound is a useful trick to learn. Just do it you donut head

Duck likes this