newborn

Reflex 0.43.0 - No puns, I'm tired

37 posts in this topic

Server:

• Netcode optimisations to reduce traffic, this helps previous lag experienced in high player count matches.
  • (A lot of) CPU & memory load reductions. This helps with performance (and stability) of high player count matches.
  • App is now back to CLI
  • Now shows load % to give you an idea of performance.
  • Fixed issue where crash reporter was deadlocking

Improvements:

• Added com_logfilename, can use to log console on client/server
  • Content browser now keeps selection on hide
  • You can now mouse-over a server in the server browser to get a player list of people in server
  • re_export export now correctly names images *.png (was previously writing *.tga despite them being pngs)
  • Renamed "Callvote: Match" -> "Change Map / Mode"
  • Dropped pickups now collide with PLAYER_CLIP
  • Added rulesets casual/competitive/experimental (sv_ruleset, sv_startruleset, callvote ruleset)

General bug fixes:

• Adjusted range on FOV slider (was -200 -> 200 now 70 -> 170)
  • Fixed reflection probe issue where they occasionally broke across map change -- please rebuild your maps and upload to workshop!
  • Fixed issue where IC beam sustain sound wasn't correctly being positioned on 3rd person weapon
  • Fixed issue in ATDM where suicide damage was counting towards your points

Editor bug fixes:

• Fixed bug where sky fields were listed twice
  • Fixed a bunch of lua errors thrown when bogus values added to edit boxes
  • Restored "Apply Selection" UI button in EntityVolumeSelect

Experimental ruleset:

• An experimental ruleset has been added to allow for rapid iteration & testing without impacting the core gameplay (i.e. tournaments).
  • When pre-jumping on angled ramp you'll now be effecting by ramp angle
  • Spawn system: increased spawn blocking angle check to 360 & distance to 1024
  • IC trace is now "fat" (it has volume, instead of being a point trace). 
  • IC damage reduced to 5
  • Plasma cells now have volume
  • Slightly increased Melee range and radius.

Casual ruleset:

• Added casual ruleset designed to just be loaded up and played. It's the default ruleset for Reflex.
  • Reduced 1v1 timelimit to 5 minutes and team game time limits to 15.

Competitive ruleset:

• Added competitive ruleset designed for competition play
  • Item respawn times are not exposed to Lua
  • Timelimits are standard 10/20 mins.

Known issues:

• Double kill bug still exists.
  • Double flag (!) flag is popping out when people don't die some times, seems releated to double kill bug.
  • Triple jumps are apparently are not working in experimental branch.
  • com_logfilename seems to not be writing everything correctly.
Mot, danskq, AliceMadness and 32 others like this

Best patch since Netcode. Servers seems not crashing when high count players in.Ramp jumps feels very good, like it should be.  Also IMO  in Experimental rule set timers should be disable too, because it will be obviously most played  ruleset by high level players, IC feels great there, but in plasma i think need experiment  some totally different settings ,like projectile speed, higher projectile volume,like that.Very fast projectile just doesn't feel rewarding when u try to lead and predict target and for spam it's in pretty useless mode at moment. Some one mentioned hyper blaster from Quake 4 ,that would be good start. 

AliceMadness likes this

7 minutes ago, NicholasWalters said:

Best patch since Netcode. Servers seems not crashing when high count players in.Ramp jumps feels very good, like it should be.  Also IMO  in Experimental rule set timers should be disable too, because it will be obviously most played  ruleset by high level players, IC feels great there, but in plasma i think need experiment  some totally different settings ,like projectile speed, higher projectile volume,like that.Very fast projectile just doesn't feel rewarding when u try to lead and predict target and for spam it's in pretty useless mode at moment. Some one mentioned hyper blaster from Quake 4 ,that would be good start. 

Although I would like it, experimental isn't "competitive" so its your choice whether to play competitively or not. Timers should be in all non-competitive modes for those who don't want to play w/o timers. Thats why they did that I'm pretty sure :). Good work guys, had a blast playing tonight.

remm likes this

have triple jumps in the experimental branch been fixed ? just tried it and they seem to work fine

Really exciting changes, good work guys. I'm not sure if I like all of them, but I have a feeling that this is a very important patch.

Rulesets sound like a great feature all around. Nice to know that we have 5 min duels and lockhud via callvote now

spessu_sb likes this

The experimental rulesets is just a testing ruleset, where they can quickly and dirtily update a ruleset to test it. 

Don't play these on regular games, use competitive or An experimental ruleset has been added to allow for rapid iteration & testing without impacting the core gameplay (i.e. tournaments.

From patch notes: "An experimental ruleset has been added to allow for rapid iteration & testing without impacting the core gameplay (i.e. tournaments)."

6 minutes ago, Terifire said:

FTFY

Also, maybe it's an idea to just make a comp and a casual experimental ruleset, that seems like a pretty good middle way.

Furioness likes this

5 hours ago, NicholasWalters said:

We had better results bringing the projectile speed way down, I just haven't made the change in experimental yet.

3 hours ago, king said:

have triple jumps in the experimental branch been fixed ? just tried it and they seem to work fine

We didn't touch triple jumps. Some people are saying they're broken in experimental, some people are saying they're fine. I haven't looked at them personally yet.

NicholasWalters and slobo^- like this

Triples totally broken atm. Dunno if I like the IC nerf but the ruleset add is good and experimental rampjumps are interesting..

I hope the next things you implement will be:
qwfwd
rcon
timeout/timein & pause (for referee)
wallclip and crouch
2v2 mode (with tl 15, wr 15)
wr 30 for TDM

p.s.: I know you don't want to make lots of different rulesets, but I don't see other solution.

Furioness likes this

Played with the experimental ruleset today. And holy shit, it was so fucking bad. Please, that ic nerf or whatever is so stupid. I managed to survive jumping from rail to yellow at 100/0 on ruin.

6 minutes ago, lone aka not lonezilla said:

Played with the experimental ruleset today. And holy shit, it was so fucking bad. Please, that ic nerf or whatever is so stupid. I managed to survive jumping from rail to yellow at 100/0 on ruin.

and then back across

nevermind, triple jumps aren't working right. i didn't realize you have to vote the experimental ruleset again after changing maps.

my mistake !

On 14.5.2016 at 3:09 AM, lone aka not lonezilla said:

i doubt the damage of ic had anything to do with that. your opponent was probably at the other ya or something ;)

im not even sure the ic change is a nerf. it might be as strong as befor, maybe even stronger. @Terifire, your analysis?