newborn

Reflex 0.43.0 - No puns, I'm tired

37 posts in this topic

Looks good aside for IC nerf which is kinda joke, it wasnt that powerfull anyway. Just look at scoreboards to see balance. Most matches you had like 70% of dmg done with rockets, 20% rail and the last 10% with IC. And this is from player who is trying to use IC always when its viable having +40pct acc. So basicly some avg players with 20-30% IC wont have any fights where it would be beneficial.

It just shows how shitty the game is balance wise. Rocket reload speed needs to be nerfed and IC needs 5 or 6 dmg and way more kickback to be viable.

4 minutes ago, Kered13 said:

Is competitive/casual mode exposed in Lua so HUDs can handle item timers gracefully?

Should be world.ruleset according to LuaVariables.txt

19 hours ago, dansen said:

i doubt the damage of ic had anything to do with that. your opponent was probably at the other ya or something ;)

im not even sure the ic change is a nerf. it might be as strong as befor, maybe even stronger. @Terifire, your analysis?

He was under me when I jumped over to the ya :^)

23 hours ago, jjjuho said:

Looks good aside for IC nerf which is kinda joke, it wasnt that powerfull anyway. Just look at scoreboards to see balance. Most matches you had like 70% of dmg done with rockets, 20% rail and the last 10% with IC. And this is from player who is trying to use IC always when its viable having +40pct acc. So basicly some avg players with 20-30% IC wont have any fights where it would be beneficial.

It just shows how shitty the game is balance wise. Rocket reload speed needs to be nerfed and IC needs 5 or 6 dmg and way more kickback to be viable.

this is either some kind of bait or you haven't played in a long time. 

long edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQAQAr7nd6w

I think this game is actually a good example of the state of the ic atm. i was actually tryharding, can't speak for terifire.

you can see tho that both players are running around with the ic out most of the time, atleast until the point where a fight actually starts, where they might eventually switch away. also you can see in quite a few situations that when encounters start, and one player notices how his ic is "off" or the opponents ic is "on" even slightly, he will immediately back away.

a good example i think is the very first encounter of the game, terifire is on low ground at sg, and i am at upper rl across from bolt. his position is better and he is waiting to get free damage by shafting upwards. luckily i am running around with ic out and even luckier that for some reason i deal a good 100dmg to him pretty quickly, which sends him back.

i think i eventually lose the match because of the 3 to 4 times where he gets maybe one second of free ic damage on me.

tldr: i dont think ic is underpowered. i'd probably agree with pill, in that its probably a bit too strong in every situation, which leads to tryharding players like myself in the game above, to only run around with ic out(atleast until a fight actually starts).

Electro, Pill_, def and 1 other like this

There's some conflicting information out there whether or not experimental includes a larger splash radius for rockets. However, I do not see that in the change notes anywhere. It appears this info was started here: https://www.reddit.com/r/reflex/comments/4jb142/experimental_ruleset_feedback_13052016/

@shooter, @newborn, are there changes to rockets splash radius? Or no?