icon_cup_silver Kyto  : 25% (39.68€)
    icon_cup_bronze truck : 18.75% (29.76€)
    4th gaiia : 6.25% (9.92€)

YOUTUBE VOD

TWITCH VOD

Replays

EU3_Rama_Banner.jpg

Date : 11/06/2016
Starting time : 16:00 CEST (15:00 to 16:00 for checkin)
Stream : https://www.twitch.tv/arenafps

Brackets : http://challonge.com/reflexeu3
Sign-ups : http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/TWhwutykXh

Prize pool distribution :
    icon_cup_gold  : 50% + 1 melee weapon from @Warlord Wossman
    icon_cup_silver  : 25%
    icon_cup_bronze : 18.75%
    4th : 6.25%

Current total : 158.75€

Donations : Paypal (guillaumeaj@yahoo.fr)

Rama : 20€

Kyto : 20€

LKSR : 5€

Maker : 5€

Anon : 30€

Anon : 66€

Yasashii : 12.75€

Map pool :
    -The Catalyst (thct7)
    -Furnace (dp5)
    -Pocket Infinity (thct2)
    -Static Discharge
    -Simplicity (thcdm13)

Rules :

General :
        Join https://discord.gg/010nExV7yl2cxQMBt on discord.

Default duel mode currently in the game using the competitive ruleset (no item timers).
        Any attempt to bypass the ruleset will result in disqualification from the cup.

Be autonomous, contact your opponent, play your match, report the score on discord.
        Unsporting behaviour may be penalised.

Match system :
        Winner's bracket matches are BO3 except the Grand final which will be BO5 (The WB winner starts with a 1-0 lead).

Loser's bracket matches are BO1 except the last 2 rounds which are BO3.

Picking system :
        Use the 'roll' command to determine which player drops first. (Player with the highest roll is the roll Winner)

W: Roll winner
        L: Roll loser

BO1 : Drop(W)-Drop(L)-Drop(L)-Drop(W) - The map remaining is the map to be played
        BO3 : Drop(L)-Drop(W)-Pick(W)-Pick(L) - The last map is the tiebreaker map (Maps are played in order of picks)

Finals (BO5): WB winner: Pick (This map won't be played and is won by the WB Winner) - LB winner: pick - WB winner: pick - LB winner: Pick - WB winner: pick

Servers/non EU players :
        No unauthorized spectators will be allowed on the servers
        Any server can be used as long as both opponents agree and only if the server records replays can be accessed. (NA players are allowed, they'll however have to play on EU servers if facing an EU opponent)

In case of a ping/server disagreement, Afps servers located in Germany will be used.

Admins :
    Organisation :
        Benz
        Qualx
        Ramagan
        tehace

Anti-cheat :
        Qualx

Servers :
        Benz

Good luck to all participants !

DraQu, xero, MnstH and 9 others like this

38 minutes ago, Stalast said:

Qualx stares into your eyes for about 2 - 3 minutes in a webcam session before the tournament starts so he can tell if you're using cheats or not.

Is the soul-healing included in that or does it cost extra?

I might participate, if the competition isn't too rough. Otherwise, it's a bit of a waste of time for the others and me.

21 hours ago, HonkyTonk said:

I might participate, if the competition isn't too rough. Otherwise, it's a bit of a waste of time for the others and me.

Do it, worst case you go out after 2 games and can watch the rest of the tournament on stream.

Realistically, if you are a low-mid skill type player, i would expect to be seeded against the tournament winner in the first game. try hard, lose hard, gg. and then try hard again in loserbracket against other players that had a similar first round. Thats basically how tournaments go for everyone except the two players that end up in the finals.

if you can get your hand on vods or replays. theres a good chance youll have some fun watching them and maybe learn a thing of two.

PJC, Ceres, ketku and 2 others like this

On 17.5.2016 at 9:13 AM, dansen said:

Do it, worst case you go out after 2 games and can watch the rest of the tournament on stream.

Realistically, if you are a low-mid skill type player, i would expect to be seeded against the tournament winner in the first game. try hard, lose hard, gg. and then try hard again in loserbracket against other players that had a similar first round. Thats basically how tournaments go for everyone except the two players that end up in the finals.

if you can get your hand on vods or replays. theres a good chance youll have some fun watching them and maybe learn a thing of two.

well, just signed up - vs. rama first round... :D loser's bracket ftw

Hope I learn a thing of two though.

Edit: just realized that there was no chance of me going second round anyway :D

I probably won't have time to take part in this but I'm glad that you're hosting more of these! Good luck to everyone who participates.

15 hours ago, CereS said:

well, just signed up - vs. rama first round... :D loser's bracket ftw

Hope I learn a thing of two though.

Edit: just realized that there was no chance of me going second round anyway :D

you probably won't be playing rama in the first round, since seedings aren't final yet, and i'm guessing they won't be random.

but if you aren't a top 50% player anyway, the first game is always very hard, since thats the way seedings work.

Im gonna sign up, but im on a cruiseboat to sweden and back at friday 10.6 so im not sure if i can get back in time.

EDIT: Im gonna withdraw, since our trip to absurdistan was moved to 11th day :|

2 weeks left before the tournament, don't forget to signup if you haven't already !

You can also increase the prize pool with donations to the following paypal address : guillaumeaj@yahoo.fr

w96k likes this

Tournament starts in less than an hour ! you can still signup.

Don't forget to checkin too if you're playing !

w96k likes this

The tournament is completed !

Thank you to all the players that signed up for this event, great games from everyone, really cool to see new players having fun in their first cup :)

A big thank you to all the donators for their great contributions.

A massive thank you to Benz and Qualx for the organization, you're the reason this cup runned smoothly and turned out to be a great event, wouldn't have been possible without you two.

Great coverage by the afps guys (GMT, Gilanguar and Pill) with the stream, thank you for the support and the hype before the cup (props to crazyal for esr, Nathan for the Banners and the Reflex Devs on twitter).

The final results are :

icon_cup_gold Rama

icon_cup_silver Kyto

icon_cup_bronzetruck

4th gaiia

YOUTUBE VOD

TWITCH VOD

Replays

Kyto, Pill_, Yasashii and 8 others like this