Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SantaClaws

.43.0 experimental IC

11 posts in this topic

If a post about this has been opened, I apologize please direct me to it, cause I couldn't find one.

Anyway, about the ion cannon in the new experimental mode.

Last night I was playing about 8 duels with a regular practise partner. Usually I'd do 29%~ accuracy on a good day. Sure I can artificially boost that up to 40~ if I try hard and I only take the easy shots. But last night, playing with the experimental ruleset, I got 46% without even trying. My friend rage quit, which he doesn't do often, because he was always melting so fast.

This is of course, anecdotal at best. I'll have to play around with it some more to make an informed opinion. But I'm really here to hear you guys' opinions.

But to me, an increase of (46-29)/29 = 59% is an alarming change. Provided that it is a consistent one at least. If I understand correctly, the base damage is decreased from 6 to 5 (16.7%). But that hardly justifies an increase in accuracy by that much.

So what do you guys think of the new IC? Have you experienced similar increases in accuracy?

I don't think that's necessarly what happened when you were dueling whilst using experimental ruleset. There are many factors that could've improved your accuracy. Your friend might of had a bad day, be tired, didn't treat the game seriously or maybe you had a better day and were focused more. It is also dependent on your opponen andt whether he has good movement and knows how to dodge properly. There are so many variables that go into ic acc so idk, my only increased 5% from the usual 39%. 

9 hours ago, wh1te said:

I don't think that's necessarly what happened when you were dueling whilst using experimental ruleset. There are many factors that could've improved your accuracy. Your friend might of had a bad day, be tired, didn't treat the game seriously or maybe you had a better day and were focused more. It is also dependent on your opponen andt whether he has good movement and knows how to dodge properly. There are so many variables that go into ic acc so idk, my only increased 5% from the usual 39%. 

It's more than just anecdotal evidence. Essentially, because the lg size increased, the target got bigger. Increases in acc make a lot of sense, but at the same time, since you need to be less precise, the difference between god-tier lg and Pill-tier lg is smaller.

lumpp, dansen and The Piep like this

i'm sorry, what is this experimental ruleset you speak of ?

2 hours ago, Sky said:

i'm sorry, what is this experimental ruleset you speak of ?

callvote rulset experimental

also see patch notes for 0.43

I'd make 5dmg IC with 4-6u thickness instead of 8 and keep increased splash radius. Also would be nice to have accordingly increased visual effect for explosions )

IC has splash damage now ?!?

i played a game of FFA but can't see any difference. 

1 minute ago, Sky said:

IC has splash damage now ?!?

i played a game of FFA but can't see any difference. 

No, the rocketlauncher splash has increased.

i remember kovaak saying something a while ago about the devs wanting to change ground movement physics a bit? i feel like ground movement being a little less slippery could have the same effect for the IC as messing with its volume

On 17/05/2016 at 8:39 PM, SantaClaws said:

If a post about this has been opened, I apologize please direct me to it, cause I couldn't find one.

Anyway, about the ion cannon in the new experimental mode.

Last night I was playing about 8 duels with a regular practise partner. Usually I'd do 29%~ accuracy on a good day. Sure I can artificially boost that up to 40~ if I try hard and I only take the easy shots. But last night, playing with the experimental ruleset, I got 46% without even trying. My friend rage quit, which he doesn't do often, because he was always melting so fast.

This is of course, anecdotal at best. I'll have to play around with it some more to make an informed opinion. But I'm really here to hear you guys' opinions.

But to me, an increase of (46-29)/29 = 59% is an alarming change. Provided that it is a consistent one at least. If I understand correctly, the base damage is decreased from 6 to 5 (16.7%). But that hardly justifies an increase in accuracy by that much.

So what do you guys think of the new IC? Have you experienced similar increases in accuracy?

The fat trace is extremely unlikely to result in accuracy changes that dramatic, but its still feedback worth knowing. It's probably a number of factors -- fatter trace, less knockback makes it harder to notice how much damage you're taking, etc.

ive posted my input on the ic in the reddit thread and we have a good discussion going on over there if you guys wanna help.
https://www.reddit.com/r/reflex/comments/4jb142/experimental_ruleset_feedback_13052016/d355ft1

the thread is also filled with lots of other feedback

On 5/18/2016 at 1:55 PM, hArD_a$$_nIqQa said:

i remember kovaak saying something a while ago about the devs wanting to change ground movement physics a bit? i feel like ground movement being a little less slippery could have the same effect for the IC as messing with its volume

yeah i believe the game needs more ground friction. it feels like im on ice skates.

as for the IC as we can control everthing we need to to adapt it to the new system. such as knockback, rate of fire, dmg, velocity