lolograde

Democall

16 posts in this topic

People, I'm going to take a stab at making a community Reflex movie. Send me demos of any mode (1v1,  CTF, TDM, FFA, etc.). I might be willing to put in race stuff, too, but it's gotta be a good time or interesting in some way.

Send your demos to lolograde@gmail.com. Please include a time stamp in file name or replay marker.

I'm not the fanciest editor so don't expect some crazy entik/pez/KOS level stuff. Here's some of my previous videos for reference:

tangy, Kyto, Grybzt and 1 other like this

Would you be OK getting 1080p 60fps mp4 clips directly? Or do you want to recording everything with the same HUD? I usually record locally so whenever I grab a good one I can send it over. Either way I'd love to see more movies :) 

23 minutes ago, Delementary said:

Would you be OK getting 1080p 60fps mp4 clips directly? Or do you want to recording everything with the same HUD? I usually record locally so whenever I grab a good one I can send it over. Either way I'd love to see more movies :) 

Demos only, please. 

35 minutes ago, lone aka not lonezilla said:

Still waiting on short flickery reflex edition.

Never gonna happen. =\

All modes (including race in certain circumstances - see original post) and all maps are accepted. Although,  I prefer new maps rather than the same maps everyone has seen the same frags on over and over.  But if your amphi stuff is interesting/different it might sneak in there...

On 5/30/2016 at 3:09 PM, lolograde said:

C'mon people! Only one player has submitted demos. 

Before we get client side demos, you can't expect things to change. Not all servers upload demos, not everyone is marking and not everyone want to hassle with downloading and searching in server's folder of demos.

It's just so inconvenient... I was thinking of making video too, but soon realized how hard it is to get demos.

1 hour ago, Grybzt said:

Before we get client side demos, you can't expect things to change. Not all servers upload demos, not everyone is marking and not everyone want to hassle with downloading and searching in server's folder of demos.

It's just so inconvenient... I was thinking of making video too, but soon realized how hard it is to get demos.

I'm still gonna try. :-) 

Grybzt likes this

How do you even watch demos? I was under impression the old demo viewer/video maker tool (for old version of Reflex) doesn't work anymore. But then again I haven't even tried it.

21 hours ago, NeuerGolf said:

That was just a 3rd party tool that doesnt work anymore.

In reflex you just type play <demoname> to watch a demo.

Cheers :)

I swear this is still happening. I got fairly close to complete (intro done and about 4min of content edited - all in full gfx 1080p@60fps) but did not beat the release of new animations so I'm going to recapture everything.  :-(

Sorry for slow speed on this. Lately,  I only have had free time on weekends to work on it and sometimes other projects come up. </lame-excuses>

Grybzt likes this

I have some demos, but I'm not very good :D There's a list of servers somewhere on the forums, or on the subreddit, that provide replay downloads. One of them is http://replays.tfc.tf/, but ironically that appears to be down right now.