Greed

map
gt1 - Quickfire (Low Frequency Remix)

43 posts in this topic

Quickfire

greed tourney 1 - Quickfire (Low Frequency Remix)

gt1_update-11.jpg?raw=1

Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684976774&searchtext=

Reflex Files:

http://reflexfiles.com/file/553

Clean Version:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=800002536

Thanks to: @mazk1985, @Ammazzabanane, @tehace, @Kyto, @LuGia, @MaZZeL, @time, Lat, @Furioness, @def, @TheFatCheetah, @iolo, play3r, @Skaarj, @fht, @lolograde, @w96k, @Woeste Wessel, @matt_au, @king, @ZTK, @Profanum, @qhat and all playtesters

The map is still considered WIP, but close to it's final state. All feedback is welcome!

Some brushwork may change and some details and artwork will come...

NeuerGolf, xero, iPsycho and 6 others like this

Update: 10 Jun - Version 4

gt1_update-4.jpg?raw=1

• redesigned corridor next to central RL
  • replaced/added some cosmetic brushwork
  • added lava and TP effects
  • added/changed lights
  • performance optimisation
  • clipped few more brushes
  • removed some more obstructing diagonals
  • smashed minor bugs hiding in some corners

The next update will feature a seperate FFA,TDM version and new colours/textures eventually.

Yet and still, i'm happy for feedback...

2 hours ago, Skaarj said:

rip fps:(

ouch, having performance issues ? :o

last night a mate told me he gained +100fps by turning off dynamic lights (on a gtx760). :huh:

does that work for you ? (you'll need to clear the lightmap which will result in ugly colours, i'm afraid)

Unfortunately yes. Fps drop is most noticable near ic when i can see middle room with lava, and on 50hp and bolt platforms.

Turning dynamic lights did the job but i don't want my reflex to be ugly:mellow: (gtx750 here).

You need to work on optimization because map is very good looking and fun to play. All those jumps:wub:.

And i absolutely love these joints

20160612222812_1.jpg

Greed likes this

cant give you gameplay feedback (didn't play for ages) i just want to say this map looks absolutely beautiful @Greed!:wub: keep up the good work dude

edit: fps are fine for me

Edited by fht
Greed and MAD_JIHAD like this

thanks for the flowers, guys!! :wub:

and thank you @Skaarj for reporting that inconvenience, hopefully this is solved now and you still like the joints ;)

Update: 16 Jun - Version 5

gt1_update-5_01.jpg?raw=1

gt1_update-5_02.jpg?raw=1

• redesigned RA plattform (8 units wider towards top floor)
  • changed lighting
  • added coloured lightstrips (experimental)
  • replaced some cosmetic brushwork

Since there was too many complaints, the RA jumps got easier at last. ^_^

Seperate FFA/TDM version and new colour tone coming soon...

Update: 16 Jul - Version 6

gt1_update-6_01.jpg?raw=1

gt1_update-6_02.jpg?raw=1

• restored most diagonal brushes
  • adjusted both JPs (@YA target is a bit higher, @MH got smaller)
  • modernised theme and colour tone (moving on from that old fashioned high picmip style)
  • added more lightstrips (probably too many)
  • added JP effects (experimental)
  • some cleaning
  • minor bugs

hope you enjoy it, feedback appreciated, cheers...

DraQu and Skaarj like this

I really like this new theme, but jumppad effects look out of place for me. Performance is better now and fps are steady in every room.

Joints are still great. Map only needs some nice view from windows now.

Greed likes this

2 hours ago, lolograde said:

I'd be happy to throw 50usd towards a 1-map duel cup on this map. Anyone willing to run one?

On Russian Cup #5 map list, donate there :rolleyes:

w96k and Greed like this

1 hour ago, Furioness said:

On Russian Cup #5 map list, donate there :rolleyes:

$50 / 7 is enough tho :D

Greed likes this

5 hours ago, lolograde said:

I'd be happy to throw 50usd towards a 1-map duel cup on this map. Anyone willing to run one?

I'd like to see another new maps cup with Quickfire, Observatory, Endurance + 2 other new duel maps (the one @Ammazzabanane is working on seems like a good candidate aswell).

Greed, Ammazzabanane, Pill_ and 2 others like this

2 hours ago, Ammazzabanane said:

once its out sure thing :D but its made by @Greed aswell :) 

Well that explains why I was a bit confused cos he introduced me to it first but you posted it in the WIP topic. :P 

wow, thanks for all support and hype, guys! i'm glad the map made it into the pool of a competition and i heard it got even picked once or twice! :lol:

this is a great reward for all the effort developing this spatiality!

well, i kinda forgot announcing an update so this is two versions at once ... (russian cup#5 version was up to date)

Update: 21 Jul - Version 7

• meshed the stairs
  • redesigned some brushwork
  • reduced TP effects
  • adjusted trick hints
  • changed lighting
  • minor bugs

Update: 24 Jul - Version 8

• fixed clipping bug at northern RL
  • adjusted/smoothed some clipping brushes
  • changed/optimised lighting
  • killed some lightstrips

furthermore, i rolled out a deathmatch version (gdm1) which is featuring more spawns, weapons, HP, armor and carnage.

gdm1.jpg?raw=1

highly experimental atm and a little too stuffed, but i believe there is some old blueprints for adding another corridor in order to make it a proper 2v2 map. stay tuned...

fht, Skaarj and DraQu like this

The map looks kind of cool, but the previous versions tanked my fps worse than old Monolith :S Hope it runs smoothly now so I can check it out

Greed likes this

thanks! performance is getting better step by step. ^_^ are the fps ok for you?

Update: 31 Jul - Version 9

• fixed stair clipping bugs at central RL (thanks to @Nitsuj for reporting)
  • added/changed some lights (overall brightness should now be appropriate for nvidia graphics aswell)
fht likes this

played this map for the first time the other day. i found that it was generally quite cramped. it also seemed slightly overcomplicated, in terms of layout and geometry, as in more than it needed to be. i can provide more detail if you like, but i suspect you are way past that stage ^^

also, i dont agree with the difficulty of the jumps required to reach RA. im all for trick jumps and different options to get to items etc, the issue here is that there is no easy option , and it essentially makes the map extremely hard to play for lower skill players. im a shitty dueller, but i can move ok, and i struggle with most of the jumps to RA - in the end i just defaulted to the stairjump out of GA teleporter... this might not be a massive problem in a practical sense (there are not many noobs, and your map isnt played much atm..) but its more a principle thing.

Duck likes this

On 02/08/2016 at 11:53 AM, thelawenforcer said:

played this map for the first time the other day. i found that it was generally quite cramped. it also seemed slightly overcomplicated, in terms of layout and geometry, as in more than it needed to be. i can provide more detail if you like, but i suspect you are way past that stage ^^

also, i dont agree with the difficulty of the jumps required to reach RA. im all for trick jumps and different options to get to items etc, the issue here is that there is no easy option , and it essentially makes the map extremely hard to play for lower skill players. im a shitty dueller, but i can move ok, and i struggle with most of the jumps to RA - in the end i just defaulted to the stairjump out of GA teleporter... this might not be a massive problem in a practical sense (there are not many noobs, and your map isnt played much atm..) but its more a principle thing.

Yeah I'm not so sure about tricky jumps to get to important items. I've just looked this map up because @Kyto recommended it last night in the post match interview (woo!). Not played it yet, mind. But judging from what you've said law, this is not a noob friendly map and I'm not sure it is a good idea to have 'pro only' duel maps at this stage. At least, not until they can be easily separated or categorised as such.

I'm wary of anything that might make new players just go 'ah, fuck it' and not play again. But, then again, this is early days, and matchmaking should address that issue.

I definitely think duel maps, and perhaps all maps, need a clear categorisation regarding skill level 'requirement'.

heh jaguar, its not that the map is a 'pro' map, just that that those jumps to red armour is really tricky, even for decent players.

if the map is good enough though, maybe it wont matter, Aerowalk is similar after all.

thanks for having a look at the map and taking your time to give some feedback @thelawenforcer, much appreciated!
i'm sorry you don't like the layout itself, i like it! :D

true, the map has quite a demanding learning curve but i think a circle jump at about 360 units is an easy option. given the
variety of tricks and rocket jumps, reaching RA turned out easier than the one in aerowalk according to my experience.

when starting the map i wanted to push the limits of movement, where the benchmark was cpm3a and cpm22 at that time.
therefor it is undoubtedly inappropriate for new players but for those who enjoy a challenge.

actually, i'm pretty happy with the result! the map was just played in its 2nd tournament and hopefully it receives some more attention in the EU, someday.
whatsoever, i will continue taking care of that place until i reach my vision of its final state. ;)

Kyto likes this

I like this map. I can't do certain jumps, especially not consistently,  but as you said there's multiple ways to get to RA, so it's perfectly playable. It would be nice if someone could make a short movie to show some of the moves.

Jumps I find difficult:
-from lower stairs to RA (never made this, but maybe I'm doing it wrong)
-from low floor to RA (but works occasionally)
-from high stairs to RA (has worked like once or twice)

I would consider myself a mediocre-ish player, though tbh I lose more than win. (43/113)

Greed likes this

6 hours ago, Woeste Wessel said:

-from high stairs to RA (has worked like once or twice)

I miss the lower stair jump more often than I make it, but this upper one is pretty easy once you know what to do. Just wallrun along the left wall, jump at the right time so that you step up to the top of the stairs, then quickly circle jump left. Because the wallrun and the circle jump are in the same direction, you can hold W+A the whole time.

Greed likes this