Greed

map
gt1 - Quickfire (Low Frequency Remix)

43 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2016 at 6:23 AM, Greed said:

thanks for having a look at the map and taking your time to give some feedback @thelawenforcer, much appreciated!
i'm sorry you don't like the layout itself, i like it! :D

true, the map has quite a demanding learning curve but i think a circle jump at about 360 units is an easy option. given the
variety of tricks and rocket jumps, reaching RA turned out easier than the one in aerowalk according to my experience.

when starting the map i wanted to push the limits of movement, where the benchmark was cpm3a and cpm22 at that time.
therefor it is undoubtedly inappropriate for new players but for those who enjoy a challenge.

actually, i'm pretty happy with the result! the map was just played in its 2nd tournament and hopefully it receives some more attention in the EU, someday.
whatsoever, i will continue taking care of that place until i reach my vision of its final state. ;)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by circle jumps at 360 units because I can pretty consistently hit 400 unit circle jumps but I couldn't reach the RA once with a circle jump after trying for about 10 minutes. I also had a really hard time making the RA jumps from the staircase/ramps underneath it but I'm pretty sure that's just me taking the wrong angle or something. If you have a video on how to hit those jumps, I'd appreciate being able to see how it's done consistently. 

Also, this RA is much harder to reach for me than the one on aerowalk. I can pretty consistently stairjump and circle jump to get the RA on aerowalk but on Quickfire, I have to do some sort of rocket jump to consistently reach it. 

5 hours ago, KangaJoo said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by circle jumps at 360 units because I can pretty consistently hit 400 unit circle jumps but I couldn't reach the RA once with a circle jump after trying for about 10 minutes. I also had a really hard time making the RA jumps from the staircase/ramps underneath it but I'm pretty sure that's just me taking the wrong angle or something. If you have a video on how to hit those jumps, I'd appreciate being able to see how it's done consistently. 

Also, this RA is much harder to reach for me than the one on aerowalk. I can pretty consistently stairjump and circle jump to get the RA on aerowalk but on Quickfire, I have to do some sort of rocket jump to consistently reach it. 

Just a matter of experience. Given how much aerowalk is played, most people can do the jump to RA in their sleep. Once you get the same level of experience on Quickfire, it'll be the same.

Greed and Profanum like this

18 hours ago, matt_au said:

I miss the lower stair jump more often than I make it, but this upper one is pretty easy once you know what to do. Just wallrun along the left wall, jump at the right time so that you step up to the top of the stairs, then quickly circle jump left. Because the wallrun and the circle jump are in the same direction, you can hold W+A the whole time.

You're right, I was taking the wrong approach with the upper jump. I can get it pretty consistently now.

6 hours ago, lolograde said:

Just a matter of experience. Given how much aerowalk is played, most people can do the jump to RA in their sleep. Once you get the same level of experience on Quickfire, it'll be the same.

While what you're saying is true for most people, it doesn't really apply to me since I never played the older versions of aerowalk and by the time I got reflex aerowalk wasn't being played that much, at least not where I live. As far as I can remember, I've played less than 5 games on aerowalk and I've never had much of a problem reaching the RA without rockets. 

That said, I took some more time to play on the map and now I can hit all of the jumps to RA except for the lower ramp jump (the one that's on the left side of the staircase if you're looking down from the top of it) fairly consistently. I still think all of them other than the upper stair jump, which I didn't even notice was there the first time I played because I'm an idiot, are harder than any of the RA jumps on aerowalk, though :P

Update: 30. Aug - Version 10
  • meshed the bottom floors (costs about 10fps, sry)
  • redesigned some cosmetic brushwork
  • adjusted lower RA ramp (ramp jump next to GL works significantly more consistent now)
  • fixed TP clipping bugs  (thanks to @Profanum , @qhat and apologies for the inconvenience)
  • re-centered TP at upper RL (not sure why i did this :huh:)
  • increased visibility of the trick hints
  • added/changed some lightstrips
  • some bugs

thanks to @Woeste Wessel , @matt_au , @KangaJoo and @lolograde ! the RA jump discussion reminded me of doing some mini-tutorial for the Red Armor on this map.

i've recorded some video footage and will post it soon...just needs some editing...stay tuned... ;)

On 16.8.2016 at 2:57 AM, king said:

This map is criminally underplayed, at least in NA.

Pls don't nerf any of the red armor jumps. It's good as is.

@kingthanks man, this kind of feedback keeps a mapper in business! :wub:

Profanum and KangaJoo like this

kinda late, but still...
Update: 7. Sep - Version 11
  • meshed top floors
  • fixed some clippings
  • changed sky settings
  • some details

and eventually i managed to get this mini tutorial (/teaser) done. hope you enjoy it as much as i did while making it.

my voice sounds a bit hoarsely, i guess. had a really bad cold at the time of recording plus that helmet i wear when playing doesn't help making good voice overs. sorry! :lol:

Very helpful video, thanks!

On a side note, that voice over was wonderfully terrifying. Greed has the power...I hope that you can get involved doing voice modulation for a bad ass robotic announcer to be put in the game officially ;)

Greed likes this

On 9/19/2016 at 7:01 PM, Greed said:

my voice sounds a bit hoarsely, i guess. had a really bad cold at the time of recording plus that helmet i wear when playing doesn't help making good voice overs. sorry! :lol:

Greed likes this

any chance on a QF clean version?
I've got quite a few NA players complaining about framerate issues
I'm personally fine with current build, can hold over 200 fps, but some lesser computers are struggling i think.

KangaJoo, Kyto and Greed like this

On 28.9.2016 at 4:04 AM, Xytaglyph said:

any chance on a QF clean version?
I've got quite a few NA players complaining about framerate issues
I'm personally fine with current build, can hold over 200 fps, but some lesser computers are struggling i think.

Update: 15. Nov - seperate CLEAN Version

now, there is a "clean" version of the map.

although, clean isn't quite correct. i just had a first try in retaining most of the structure while improving fps and visibility at the same time.

most of the meshes are gone, the colours changed to some sort of "quakeworld-notextures-mode" and the sky is a lot brighter.

in the end i gain about 30-100% fps on my rig, but i just got a new GPU B) , so please let me know if this works for you guys...

cheers

Woeste Wessel, Kyto and Xytaglyph like this

14 minutes ago, Greed said:

Update: 15. Nov - seperate CLEAN Version

now, there is a "clean" version of the map.

although, clean isn't quite correct. i just had a first try in retaining most of the structure while improving fps and visibility at the same time.

most of the meshes are gone, the colours changed to some sort of "quakeworld-notextures-mode" and the sky is a lot brighter.

in the end i gain about 30-100% fps on my rig, but i just got a new GPU B) , so please let me know if this works for you guys...

cheers

Jumped around a bit on it last night (but didn't play a match). Looks very nice! 

Greed likes this

Update: 10 Jan - Version 2 (Clean)

• added very easy option for RA
  • added grates at northern RL
  • some minor fixes

due to continuous requests, there is an additional easy jump to get to the red armor. now you can easily circle jump from the entire upper platform above the stairs. this is experimental, but would get implemented if the ratings/subscribtions exceed the original version or if requested for tournaments.

cheers

gt1c_update-2.jpg?raw=1

Although intensions were good this feels too easy now. Sick RA jumps were distinguishing mark of this map. Easy option is rocket jump, just like on Aerowalk.

fuglaa, Greed and zokolate like this