shooter

Reflex 0.44.1 - Awards!

34 posts in this topic

Fantastic update!

I think race mode should be exempt from ragequits/losses stats in your profile. And while I do like that you get awards while racing as well, perhaps some should be re-thought (for example, getting a comeback medal simply by setting a time).

6 hours ago, ique said:

Fantastic update!

I think race mode should be exempt from ragequits/losses stats in your profile. And while I do like that you get awards while racing as well, perhaps some should be re-thought (for example, getting a comeback medal simply by setting a time).

Yeah comeback shouldn't be firing in racemode, that's a bug on my list to fix for point release. 

I agree with the win/losses/ragequits stats for racemode too, I'll fix that up also.

Glad you're liking it the update! :)

slobo^-, DraQu, ique and 3 others like this

This update is so great. The awards are crisp, look good, and I love that robo-bass sound. It's just enough to let you know you did something cool, not overbearing. Great execution. 

Also very excited to see how the XP system fleshes out. Daily bonus multiplier is smart...we were guessing about it in discord last night, is it a straight double bonus each day? Someone came up with the idea of daily bonus doubling for each consecutive day played, then resets back to 200xp if you miss a 24 hr reset window. If XP is tied to a meaningful way to unlock stuff (key for a crate, or guaranteed good cosmetic & cool badge at each lv 50 prestige??) - you have a tangible way to keep even casual players coming back.

Great job guys!

Yasashii and Electro like this

Daily Bonus is 200xp with a multiplier for each consecutive day played, upto a max of 5x. Miss a day and it resets back to 200xp.

Day 1: 200xp > Day 2: 400xp > Day 3: 600xp > Day 4: 800xp Day 5: 1000xp

Right now its a 24 hour window but it will be lowered a bit in the next point release to give some extra wiggle room so you dont miss your daily bonus.

Great update. Awards and XP System are fun. Made me to play ffa/atdm again instead of only race. Thank you!

Ramp fix in casual mode is also a good improvement, I just would like to see speed stays the same while jumping ramps upwards (maybe next experimental ruleset?)

Electro and Yasashii like this

Can we get a breakdown of the xp system and levels? Like how much xp for what level. How many levels are there. Et al?

<3

LKSR likes this

Nice update but there's something wrong with ragequit counter. I get one even if I quit without anger.