Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AceDauntless

A ton of graphical bugs

13 posts in this topic

I know that the issues for ATI cards is known, but I haven't seen anything like this.  I get really insane amounts of graphical glitches, most are really hard to get in a screenshot because they flash really fast so its hard to catch them.

Sometimes light will become this solid "wall" that I cant see through, cutting a map in half.  Here are just some screenshots I managed to grab, sorry I dont have more examples, they flash too quick.  But once they start on  a map they will last the entire time, sometimes reloading the maps works, usually it doesnt.

Also in any mode with a lot of people, its not uncommon for me to crash.  Duels seem to be fine but a ton of people just causes crashes, usually either me getting a kill or getting killed.  I have a radeon 7870.

VFwnoS3.jpg

FSncQwD.jpg

m20HXA1.jpg

I get these graphical glitches myself. And used to crash often until I tweaked some stuff; ie I half sized all the amounts of:

cl_corpse_time

cl_gibs_expire_time

cl_gibs_maxcount

And now i no longer get crashes during intense battles, but I still got the graphical issues a few times (not as much though!)

I'll post some screenshots later (at work right now)

I have an AMD R9 270x 2GB

looks like the lighting from a spawn effect.  it's as if the spawn effect stuck with you and is moving around the map over you like a bad cloud lol.  first time you die it should be removed at least it should have if it aligns with my theory.  if not then you've got some weird bug there.

Yeah, I've seen these too, especially the third one. I've seen that bug a couple of times. I also have a very difficult time full screening the game most the time. After last update, I was able to full screen just fine with no delay for that whole day. Now it takes minutes at a time just to fullscreen the game, staying black for that entire time. I'm wondering if it's something in my config, havent' done much messing with it yet. I have an AMD r9 290 4GB

That's a different bug and has to do with how intensive the map is plus the memory of your GPU.  Some graphic cards can take a few extra seconds to load into console depending the map you're in.  Sometimes you'll see a black screen for console for a few seconds.  The same people that get that issue are more likely to get a white screen for a few seconds while spawning into the server for first time.  The white screen is the spawn effect being stuck in place while your GPU loads the map into memory. Developers are looking into optimizations for build 28 or 29 that will potentially fix most of these types of issues.

That's a different bug and has to do with how intensive the map is plus the memory of your GPU.  Some graphic cards can take a few extra seconds to load into console depending the map you're in.  Sometimes you'll see a black screen for console for a few seconds.  The same people that get that issue are more likely to get a white screen for a few seconds while spawning into the server for first time.  The white screen is the spawn effect being stuck in place while your GPU loads the map into memory. Developers are looking into optimizations for build 28 or 29 that will potentially fix most of these types of issues.

oh wow, you explained this spot on. Had no idea that's what it was, thanks for the info.