shooter

Development Roadmap (June 2016) - updated July 2016

85 posts in this topic

Looking forward to all off this. Thank you for making this list, it's great to know what to get excited about. With regards to mutators, I hope you will look at the obvious inspiration Unreal Tournament. But you might also want to look at the Wormpot in the 3D Worms games. http://worms.wikia.com/wiki/Wormpot

the ability to submit workshop melee weapons

Is that going to work like in CSGO where people can submit their own skins, the community votes for their favorites and then they eventually make it into the game?

Electro likes this

1 hour ago, seekax said:

Is that going to work like in CSGO where people can submit their own skins, the community votes for their favorites and then they eventually make it into the game?

That's the intention, yes :)

7 hours ago, guest342 said:

Do you have any plans to use handicapping ?

We have been testing handicapping in casual with good results so far. The delicate balance of my having a down player feel like they're given a pacifier vs good player not feeling crippled is a fine line.

But to answer your question, yes ;)

Grybzt, lolograde and matt_au like this

11 minutes ago, dryo98 said:

is there a timescale command?

In replays? Yes. In normal games no.

It's re_speed <#>

Electro likes this

12 hours ago, banReflex said:

Does training mode include target practise, are we looking at the possibility of making aim training stuff?

1 hour ago, Electro said:

Absolutely

I just want big, bouncing ball to practise midair rockets. Can't do this with other robots, they fire back at me.

Owl, Joe, /fragile and 2 others like this

Would it be possible to sneak a bindtoggle command and crosshair color options in there as well? :wub::ph34r:

I hate to ask for more, and I know there are widgets for each, but its just easier when it comes default and crosshair color options are pretty important.

Looks like you guys are on the right track. Matchmaking and training are of course critical. Glad to see that custom skins is on the list too.

Just two questions:

Is there any intention to allow texture support for maps in the future? 

Also, user-created player skins for casual modes? I.e. possibly non robot skins? :)

Edited by Black_Teeth
clarity

15 hours ago, shooter said:

That's the intention, yes :)

so where's that one guy who said he could make completed models in a day or whatever... now we can get him to finish all the cosmetics, ever, in about two weeks    ecks deeee