shooter

Development Roadmap (June 2016) - updated July 2016

85 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Jaguar said:

I'd like to see maps tagged properly, and ideally marked for a certain number of players. Duel maps show up as FFA, a CTF map showed up as a race map, etc. Most frustrating!

I guess people would have to do that on their own if they put their map on the steam workshop?

But for example I wouldn't like to be taken Catalyst out of FFA cause with 3 player Catalyst AFFA is fun... but yeah maps in race mode when they don't even have a starting point that triggers the race is unnecessary or no flags to capture and show up in CTF :D

11 hours ago, hArD_a$$_nIqQa said:

maybe the noobs will stick around a little longer if they're not lead away from playing maps they're familiar with and already like :P

if they would be forced away yeah but just gently "lead away"... :P

if you just play camping grounds all day you never get to play the Reflex mechanics in it's full capacity (and beauty <3 :D lol ) as you would in Reflex specific maps...

but of course I would even like categories for maps from other games... there are even QW maps...

and it was really fun cause I saw the map the first time this year at the Quakecon QW 2v2 and to play it in Reflex was nice but again I think double, triple, stair, ramp, tele jumps and so on is something "noobs" could be "gently "lead to""  :D and I think it would convince many people that the Reflex movement is way more interesting than the boring slow a** QL (subjective opinion) ...

On 2016-08-14 at 5:18 PM, Jaguar said:

I'd like to see maps tagged properly, and ideally marked for a certain number of players. Duel maps show up as FFA, a CTF map showed up as a race map, etc. Most frustrating!

Some ctf maps have race on them where the start and finish is at each flag.

Warlord Wossman likes this

55 minutes ago, MAD_JIHAD said:

Some ctf maps have race on them where the start and finish is at each flag.

Good to know, but this one (can't remember the name) did not have a start point.

lolograde's wishlist of things not in current roadmap:

• Supporter weapon/player models -- I would love a gold plated rocket launcher, please. Willing to give you $ for it.
  • Match pause, time in/out  -- This will make the wife happy or, at least, less mad at me
  • Mute spectators option -- Force all spectator chat to sayteam only
  • Icons/holograms/alphanumerics over/around player model -- Indicate a player has console open, is typing, voice, awards, player name or match placement (1st, 2nd, etc.), or spectator information like player's health/armor, etc., basically anything Lua can do anchored around a player model somehow
  • Chat tokens -- like #xitem for the item a players crosshairs are over, #location, etc.
  • Sound engine improvements -- better mixed/spatial/occlusion, no weird sound clipping/dropping, higher hitsound "resolution"
  • Replay editor improvements -- include sound file export, better demo seeking/jumping options (jump forward/back 60 seconds, smooth forward/backward replay), option to export depth images, option to eliminate brush/player occlusion while exporting

lolograde's pipe dreams list:

• More spectator/replay options -- map view, heat map, autotrack functions, ability to save/replay clips during matches (for rapid replays -- maybe sort of like ability to view demo clips while in-game), autoclip demo based on replay marker (+/- 5secs)
  • Streaming/Voice integration -- instead of using third-party software
  • Map brushes that can display variety of information in-game like leaderboards, Twitch stream (idea stolen from Diabotical), replays, etc.
  • Different types of portals that can carry on weapon fire's angle (Quake 4 style), player speed/angle (Prey/Portal style)

lolograde's mutators wishlist:

• Low grav 
  • Silence -- Player sounds reveal player model through wall temporarily before fading
  • Quicksand -- Player model sinks slowly into ground (maybe no more than 8 units max), slows down +forward speed, and eventually can't move if they do not keep above a certain speed (like 500 ups)
  • Warmup Allstars -- Players respawn with all weapons, ammo, full health/armor
  • Apocalypse -- All players spawn with Carnage

Furioness, Grybzt, fuglaa and 4 others like this

2 hours ago, lolograde said:

Match pause, time in/out

2 hours ago, lolograde said:

option to eliminate brush/player occlusion while exporting

@shooter ??

@shooter I was wondering if with the movers/triggers update will be possible do this KnMei

1-basically have 2 different triggers(weapon trigger"maybe even select which weapons can activate the trigger",area trigger) linked to a single mover