shooter

Reflex 0.44.3

17 posts in this topic

We've been making good progress on the Character update, crouching is a lot of fun, keep an eye out for WIP updates on our social media outlets.

We also have some team changes happening. I’d like to take a moment to thank Newborn(Dave) so much for being a big part of the Reflex development team. We wish him the very best in his future endeavours, and ask the community to give him a round of applause for being a great part of the Reflex family for years. While he is moving on from day-to-day development with us, we hope to play some matches with him on our full release launch!

We’re currently developing the new pre-launch version of our website, which will include team bios for all the Turbo Pixel development family - including Shooter, Electro, Yasashii and Thaylia. The team is excited to share that Thaylia will be leading our community management, social media and general communications for Reflex, so say hi if you haven’t already!

And for today's big announcement, we've also put together a point release to address several on-going things! See the change log below :)

Gameplay changes:

• Melee range reduced from 80 to 68
  • Melee trace range reduce from 12 to 10
  • Award "pineapple" now requires direct hit to be fatal

Experimental changes:

• Plasma cell damage reduced from 15->14 (is 12 in casual/competitive)
  • Plasma cell speed increased from 1500->2000 (is 3000 in casual/competitive)
  • Adjusted cell knockback for damage changes (KB should be same as casual/competitive)
  • IC beam now has a thickness of 1u
  • IC reload time increased from 44ms -> 50ms
  • Shotgun reload increased from 800ms -> 1000ms (is 1000ms in casual/competitive)
  • Shotgun pellet count increased from 14->18
  • Shotgun pellet damage reduced from 6->5
  • Shotgun pellet spread increased

improvements:

• Falling out of the world, telefrag, overtime & suicide no-longer count towards damage taken
  • Stats: games player, weapon usage, deaths, damage received/given are no-longer tallied in race mode
  • Updated console error "client: disconnecting due to full input queue, server disappeared?" to "client: server stopped responding"
  • Fixed issue where com_maxfps 144 wasn't working correctly (would actually clamp to 167) -- thanks cat smoker!
  • Added cl_predict_items
  • Added AwardNotifier sound
  • Slight tweak to megahealth pickup
  • Server now posts message to all clients if another client is disconnected due to steam authentication failure (may help track down disconnects)

Lua:

• Weapon definitions table now updated when ruleset changed
  • Updated Lua documentation "gameColors -> extendedColors"
  • Exposed replay a whole bunch of replay editor variables to Lua
  • Chat beeps now play from Lua

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed award spelling "Vengeance"
  • Fixed issue where setting sv_steam 1 in your console without Steam running would not allow you to create a server via the UI
  • Fixed bug where CTF flag would disappear
  • Fixed bug where burst gun did double damage at close range
  • VAC timeouts are now retried up to 10 times before disconnecting a client
  • Fixed issue where stats weren't properly writing when you quit a server (would rollback up to 1 minute)
  • Fixed issue where re-connecting to a server would report you are not authorised (because your own self was still timing out)
  • Fixed player collision vs brushes with sharp edges. (adding bevel planes)

Replay Editor:

• Added re_setentityproperty
  • Fixed issue where changing entity states via replay editor would occasionally cause next re_save to corrupt replay
  • Fixed issue where local camera didn't have correct extrapolation applied when attached to a player entity.
  • Fixes issue where camera when attach to a player was not using correct extrapolated position.

Cheers lads!

Shooter.

I've had a couple of people ask what cl_predict_items does so I'll just write a quick post here to clear it up.

By default, this feature is on to give the smoothest feeling experience.

This will predict that you pick up an item on your side and give it to you. If you're on high ping or a very quick change occurs just as you were about to pick up the item, this could lead to a false positive, where your local client thinks it has picked up the item, but you didn't actually on the server.

Disabling this, will wait for the server to confirm that you have picked up the item before picking it up on your client. This means that if you have a higher ping, there will be a longer delay until you pick up the item on your end.

This doesn't change the physical behaviour, just the clientside effect of feeling smooth.

If you haven't experienced this rare false positive or are unsure, just simply don't mess with this feature ;)

trip, Ramagan, w96k and 7 others like this

Cheers! 

I play this at 120hz (I should switch to 144hz really) and was wondering if there are any launch commands I need adding to the steam executable? 

3 hours ago, Pill_ said:

Is flag drag still in experimental? Don't see it mentioned anywhere. If you're still looking for feedback, the EU ctf community has a raging erection for flag drag.

sounds hot -- yes it's still in experimental only. :)

6 hours ago, VN1X said:

Cheers! 

I play this at 120hz (I should switch to 144hz really) and was wondering if there are any launch commands I need adding to the steam executable? 

go to the ingame options page and then system settings (its the first tab)

There is a menu called "refresh rate" you can set it there. It saves to your config, you do not need to add any options or make an autoexec

i have a request for the next patch!!

can you change the carnage pickup sound to something more audible?