c00lcurt

hud
CurtHud

38 posts in this topic

I didn't know what else to call it, here's my hud I made myself.

Has a weapon rack, health and armor, speed, large ammo counter for the center, and buff timers.

It has plenty of options, and I can add more if requested, including changing the background opacity, hiding or showing parts of the hud, what head to display, and hiding the Melee and Burst Gun slots.

And now some screenshots...

V7Y7B9X.pngzRL6sWo.pngF2JpF0C.pngzGqOWWd.png

Download the latest version off the Steam Workshop!

Edited by c00lcurt
too lazy to update the forum post so i'm gonna make the workshop link the main download
ok_hand, Warven, MAD_JIHAD and 16 others like this

Best HUD so far (sry Qualx). And I really love your dedication to the options menu, makes tinkering with the hud so much easier. One thing I would like to request is a clock widget in the same style with options for counting up or down. Anyways, great work!

c00lcurt, MAD_JIHAD and DraQu like this

9 hours ago, Ammazzabanane said:

hmm, downloaded and shows in the widgets, but turning it on or off doesnt seem to show it, any clue what it could be?

create another folder inside base (name it something like internal) then put the pak in that folder, pretty sure its a bug with the way it detects where the head svg files are

2 hours ago, c00lcurt said:

create another folder inside base (name it something like internal) then put the pak in that folder, pretty sure its a bug with the way it detects where the head svg files are

yup ty, now it works :) i thought i had to unpak it before putting it withthe other widgets, but no!

c00lcurt likes this

Looks great. Slightly larger than DP2 HUD which I'm using at the moment. I had trouble scaling DP2 hud, I want it larger because i still have to flick my eyes down from the crosshair. However, in fairness, I have not spent much time trying to scale it up.

However, I would like an option for armour and health bars, rather than just the numbers. I find that visually quicker to process.

c00lcurt likes this

5 hours ago, Jaguar said:

Looks great. Slightly larger than DP2 HUD which I'm using at the moment. I had trouble scaling DP2 hud, I want it larger because i still have to flick my eyes down from the crosshair. However, in fairness, I have not spent much time trying to scale it up.

However, I would like an option for armour and health bars, rather than just the numbers. I find that visually quicker to process.

unless there's a way to add blur to rectangles so i can add outline shadows around the bars i can't, sorry. i should probably just remove soft shadows entirely and keep the hard-drop shadows.

Jaguar likes this

5 minutes ago, c00lcurt said:

unless there's a way to add blur to rectangles so i can add outline shadows around the bars i can't, sorry. i should probably just remove soft shadows entirely and keep the hard-drop shadows.

please don't remove those :> I personally can't stand the hard drop shadows..

c00lcurt likes this

Just now, promEUs said:

please don't remove those :> I personally can't stand the hard drop shadows..

i won't it was just a thought i had, i was just thinking i've run myself into the ground adding those because i can't add soft shadows around things like meters (unless people are fine with inconsistency in having no shadow around meters, or if there's a way to add blur to rectangles and other primitives)

Really nice HUD, man!

The only thing i would suggest you to add is an option to disable ammo counter color(between health and armor) when you have the weapon out. By disable i mean leave it white, instead of blue for Ion Cannon, red for RL, etc.

c00lcurt likes this

Any chance you could put in an option to have the health by %. like if boltable health is red, yellow for 2 bolts and white for more.. kinda like the way kytos health and armour works in his hud. Good stuff though, I really like it.

c00lcurt likes this

On 02.08.2016 at 11:00 PM, Muleke_Trairao said:

Really nice HUD, man!

The only thing i would suggest you to add is an option to disable ammo counter color(between health and armor) when you have the weapon out. By disable i mean leave it white, instead of blue for Ion Cannon, red for RL, etc.

I double it.

c00lcurt likes this

1 hour ago, Tehqq said:

How do I install it?

you put the pak file inside the base folder in the reflex files. you can find the reflex files by right-clicking reflex in steam, then clicking properties, click local files, then clicking browse local files (i think? i don't have access to steam right now so)

btw anyone curious i can't update my hud right now because my laptop is broken currently and needs to be fixed, so right now i'm using a shitty old windows vista laptop. i can't log into steam either because not only did i use desktop authenticator on that laptop because the phone i use is shit and doesn't support apps, but the phone i use i left at home anyway, so. i don't know how serious the laptop injury is, the charging chord shorts out and turns off when i plug it into the laptop and apparently it has something to do with either the battery being completely dead, the video card shorting, or the motherboard shorting which would really suck. i'm a 16 yr old with no life so my mom has to send it to get fixed, we also ordered a new battery since it was dead for a long time anyway.

that was a long post, whatever, i'll fix any issues or add anything you want when i have access to reflex back :)

ketku likes this

Great HUD! It's really readable and large. I would like to see a timer for the mega buff for people like me who can't time the mega :rolleyes:. Just a little counter like the Resist and Carnage meters would do great.

c00lcurt likes this

hud looks nice.

is it possible the ammo above weapons doesnt work correctly? i would like there to be an ammo count above the weapons. sometimes its there, and sometimes its not, regardless of what i toggle in the curthud widget options.

edit: it was the warmup mode, duh

Edited by dansen
c00lcurt likes this

Hey I finally got around to installing this HUD. It's really clean and nice looking. I'll be using it for a while. Some feedback:

-there is a bug where if you hide melee, the icon will still appear overlapping other weapons when you have melee equipped.

-it would be amazing if the widget could recognize the head cosmetic and color pattern you have chosen and update the little robot head to match.

Jaguar, c00lcurt and meowgli like this

BTW this widget is working for me now also in team modes. I had probably some conflicts with others wirdgets but it works now flawlessly (deleting all widgets, and make new config prob fixed it). Sry for falsely information.

c00lcurt likes this

On 10/31/2016 at 4:47 PM, Delementary said:

Hey I finally got around to installing this HUD. It's really clean and nice looking. I'll be using it for a while. Some feedback:

-there is a bug where if you hide melee, the icon will still appear overlapping other weapons when you have melee equipped.

-it would be amazing if the widget could recognize the head cosmetic and color pattern you have chosen and update the little robot head to match.

First one is intentional, you can disable it by checking "Don't Popup Hidden Weps", second I can't do unless the Reflex team exposes the heads in lua, I do have it set to match the color pattern though and you can switch the head with the head slider at the bottom of the options.  Glad you're enjoying it and thanks for trying it!

Edit: They literally just added the feature to get the player's head in lua thanks to me asking shooter, he's really nice, I'll get to adding the feature right away!

Edited by c00lcurt