Jaguar

Jaguar's videos & streams | Latest: Rambling about 1.2

55 posts in this topic

Rambling about Reflex whilst watching a close duel I recently played against Sandbox in MM.

Original Post below
Hi! I have a YouTube channel and Twitch channel and record quite a lot of gameplay, and make videos of whatever I'm playing intensively at the time... which, currently, is Reflex! I've already recorded got a few videos up on my channel and I recently casted the first Instacup 1v1 tournament (complete noob quality because it was my first live cast, and my first live cast of an arena FPS game. And my first time spectating an arena FPS game, really!).

Anyway, I figured I'd make a single thread in this forum, in which to post my future videos. I've just uploaded this one:

I hope you like it! Feedback is most welcome, and constructive criticism too. Getting notifications that someone has left a comment on one of my videos makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Stay tuned for more! Suggestions are also welcome. I've started work on a video project for Reflex, so, hopefully, something nice will soon appear on my channel. I've been gathering Reflex gameplay footage, and spectating players better than myself, in order to finally edit some sort of highlight video. It should hopefully serve as a 'this is Reflex right now, it is awesome' kind of video.

Looking forward to fragging you ;)

Hello! Great video there, gives a good impression to people new to Reflex :D

One issue though, not sure if it's a bug on my side, but the first 10 seconds of the video replay at the beginning, really confused me :P

29 minutes ago, TornadoStorm said:

Hello! Great video there, gives a good impression to people new to Reflex :D

One issue though, not sure if it's a bug on my side, but the first 10 seconds of the video replay at the beginning, really confused me :P

Are you saying after 10 seconds of playing the video, it starts again? A friend of mine has reported that a few times. It doesn't happen for me.

2 hours ago, Jaguar said:

Are you saying after 10 seconds of playing the video, it starts again? A friend of mine has reported that a few times. It doesn't happen for me.

Ah yes nevermind, I tried again and it's normal :) must be a youtube glitch

Jaguar likes this

39 minutes ago, YasashiiKyojin said:

This is great! thanks for taking the time to produce it :D 

Thank you! You're very welcome. I'm really enjoying the game, absolutely loving it, and I'm trying to do what I can to give it positive exposure. It is so important to grow the playerbase and I'm hoping this kind of content will help. As a new player I was very grateful to entik and Kovaak for their videos, so, trying to give back I guess!

Yasashii likes this

Did some trimming with ffmpeg. Here are the videos of the final between Kyto and HAL_9000. Quality is low because it is from the Twitch stream; I'm wondering if it is possible to record losslessly to file whilst streaming at normal Twitch quality settings at the same time. Does anyone know if that is possible?

Cool map and thanks for sharing. Seems like the thing you should work on most with your movement is circle jumping. Practicing on the circle jump section of reflextrain would probably help with that a lot and also making a point of starting off bhops when you're dueling with a circle jump will help get you into the habit of doing it. 

Jaguar likes this

Just two fun clips I trimmed from some footage recently. I'm working on compiling some nice clips for a project, so I've made a few public already.

@KangaJoo- yes I think you are right. I definitely need to practice my circle jumps. I think lowering my mouse sensitivity will help so I'm going to have to adjust to that!

Thanks to @VN1Xfor the nice reaction ;)

VN1X and TornadoStorm like this

Casually killing us while listening to The XX. The nerve of this guy amirite?! 

Jaguar likes this

32 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Casually killing us while listening to The XX. The nerve of this guy amirite?! 

Haha, I know right? Nice juxtaposition! 

I've been practising on Parkour Station a bit... I can now get to the third floor!. If you can do the third level, or even just bits of it, and you'd like to help me out and let me record whilst spectating you, that'd be super swell!

Woeste Wessel likes this

Ok, so I recorded this a few hours ago, and didn't test audio levels. So the music is too loud. And I'm talking really quietly because I did not want to risk waking up my lady, which compounded the issue! I turn the music volume down later on in the video, but then it ends abruptly cos i accidentally pressed a key or something. My FPS suddenly dropped, anyway. I'm still not entirely sure what happened but I definitely stopped recording, accidentally :P

But hey, uploaded it anyway, if nothing else just enjoy listening to Gramatik, and watch some Reflex 1v1 gameplay!

Footage from Twitch stream. Check timestamps in description for links to key moments; I'll copy paste here...

00:00 - i'm running through Parkour Station. Gotta git gud!
18:56 - I join the DDD race server
21:42 - My callvote for 'The Edge Abyss' is successful. Such a beautiful map. I briefly show the different routes.

@Electro  joins the server, but can't play his own game because of his 300ms ping!

DUELS!

41:20 - me vs Warlord Wossman on Pocket Infinity begins
1:18:34 - fuglaa vs cyberdei on Catalyst-pure (Fuglaa in fine form... worth watching!)
1:43:10 - pre-amble to fuglaa vs Gilanguar
1:43:34 - fuglaa vs Gilanguar on Static Discharge begins
1:55:26 - fuglaa vs Gilanguar on Pocket Infinity begins

Electro likes this

Thanks for the videos!

I think it would be helpful for players learning this if you'd enable the movement key widget in the race mode video's.

5 hours ago, Woeste Wessel said:

Thanks for the videos!

I think it would be helpful for players learning this if you'd enable the movement key widget in the race mode video's.

I normally do :) This was very much a spur of the moment thing, and I wasn't recording it as a tutorial, so to speak. When I do that, I talk about the jumps I'm doing, tips and tricks etc. I'll be doing one of those sooner (once I've practised a bit more).

I'm quite pleased with this one. Someone on /r/reflex asked for some help learning the game, so I responded, we joined one of my servers, and I showed him a few things, then we did some 1v1 games with a focus on teaching some of the basics. Later on that evening we played again and I recorded the gameplay. It was a three minute duel server, which helped us all get more games with each player on the server. Also, it isn't quite so disheartening when you get stomped by a player that's ranked above you. There were some good moments including an incredibly lucky steal from @SickDownlink on Simplicity. Here's the timestamp.

SickDownlink likes this

I haven't been keeping this thread updated, so here's three videos at once! :P

Disclaimer: I am very much a low skill 1v1 player. But I recorded this for a friend as feedback as he could not go on voice chat, so figured he could watch this later. It was unlisted before; he said I could make it public. So this might well contain bad advice, and certainly opinion rather than fact :P

I couldn't resist :D

Watch me get stomped by 'Why do I have to fight'. But, I think I learned a bit from this game! Notably that I need to warm up :D