brandon

ui-overhaul
Brandon's In-Game Hud Editor (UPDATE: Show/Hide, Snapping, Widget Options, Anchor Grid)

23 posts in this topic

This provides an alternative way of editing and laying out your HUD without having to use sliders and guess positions through the widgets menu.

kC26bJT.jpg 

IZTgnD2.gif

WgZ3Cp7.gif

UPDATE 1 (2016/08/09)

Show/Hide widgets

Q665LDv.png

ASCdpx4.gif

Snapping

SrLUBTf.png

7wd1J9o.gif

Widget Options

3p95ugz.gif

Anchor Based Grid

djJ8emy.gif

Installation

Make sure to delete any old versions of the pak.

1. Download Here
  2. Locate your Reflex installation directory. Typically it’s found at Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/reflexfps/.
  3. Place the .pak file inside the /base folder.

Steam Workshop (2017/03/16)

Now available through the steam workshop.

Instructions

While in a game go to your widgets menu, and press the “Hud Editor” button.

Grybzt, Kyto, qufit and 46 others like this

You are a god amongst men. This is one of the things that I found particularly annoying, when I was trying out new widgets, moving them around etc. Constantly dipping in and out of the menu to move them, and having to guess the values... urgh. If this works how I think it does, and it looks that way, then you have done great work for the community! Thank you sir.

On 02/08/2016 at 6:00 PM, FlabCaptain said:

:D Oh my God, yes. Devs, please make this editor a base feature.

I second this motion.

On 8/2/2016 at 1:44 PM, Jaguar said:

You are a god against men. This is one of the things that I found particularly annoying, when I was trying out new widgets, moving them around etc. Constantly dipping in and out of the menu to move them, and having to guess the values... urgh. If this works how I think it does, and it looks that way, then you have done great work for the community! Thank you sir.

I second this motion.

A god AMONGST men, I hope. Last thing we need these days is a god out to get us... Especially not one with sick Lua skills.

Jaguar and klyph0rd like this

26 minutes ago, lolograde said:

A god AMONGST men, I hope. Last thing we need these days is a god out to get us... Especially not one with sick Lua skills.

lol! I edited my post, oops!

This widget feels like it should have been here all along, good work.

Snapping to a grid of 5 could be a nice feature as well as the ability to turn off a widget within that popup box thing when you right click. Another thing which might not be possible is showing a bounding box for each widget.

Bumping this thread because I just linked it to someone after watching their Reflex stream VOD. Watching them struggle to reposition their killfeed widget by guessing the offset values was painful. Since we're coming up to release in 9 hours or so, maybe a mod could sticky this thread because I would quite frankly rate it as an essential one! Praise be to brandon!