Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kered13

KeredMatchHistory, a widget to save and show the scoreboards for past matches.

9 posts in this topic

This widget saves the game state after a match and allows you to go back and look at the scoreboard later in the options menu. It uses the regular scoreboard widget for displaying stats, including all the functionality for looking at player statistics, voting for maps, adding friends, etc. Matches are automatically saved at the end of every match and given a name based on the map and timestamp. By default it saves the last 20 matches, but this is easily changed (I might make it an in-game configurable option later).

Code is here. The files are KeredMatchHistory.lua, as well as the Utils and OptionsGadgets folders.

I've tested this a bit, but I couldn't possibly test every possible situations, so let me know if you encounter any bugs.

DraQu, Jaguar, MnstH and 2 others like this

2 hours ago, Terifire said:

Is there a way to download entire folders (so not the whole repos) as .rar or .zip in bitbucket?

I think the easiest way is to download the whole repo and then extract just the things you want.

On 8/10/2016 at 8:44 AM, Kered13 said:

I think the easiest way is to download the whole repo and then extract just the things you want.

Tried that its a pain to do, just provide a pak file.

Also I am getting this error.

20160811201946_1.jpg

I use my libraries extensively in all of my widgets (writing native Lua makes me want to vomit). I also make frequent changes, both to the libraries and my widgets. It's not really practical then to release a .pak for each of my widgets and keep those up to date. It's much easier to just link to my repository and have people download the widgets they care about, and download the library once, and if I make changes then future people reading my threads will always download the latest version.

I appreciate your bug report though. It helped me find that many of my files were not requiring all of the other files that they depended on. Because of how Lua works (see: vomit) files with missing dependencies can work if unrelated files require the right dependencies. This is why it worked for me, with all of my widgets installed (a .pak would have the exact same problem, btw). I've gone through all my files and tried to thoroughly add all the necessary dependencies, so download it again from my repository and give it another try. It should work, but if not then send me another screenshot just like that one and I'll get it fixed.

I think your widget is causing my game to freeze and crash on endgame after it has saved a few matches in the history, the clock says 10:01 and it wont load the scoreboard. The widget worked fine until today when this happened twice after games ended. It might be totally unrelated but I think it could be worth looking into.

1 hour ago, Owl said:

I think your widget is causing my game to freeze and crash on endgame after it has saved a few matches in the history, the clock says 10:01 and it wont load the scoreboard. The widget worked fine until today when this happened twice after games ended. It might be totally unrelated but I think it could be worth looking into.

Same issue here, only began happening 2 hours ago.

Sounds like a bug when it starts deleting old games. I'll look into it tomorrow (it's 4:30 AM, sorry). In the mean time you can just remove the widget file. I expect that the saved games will still work after I fix whatever the problem is.

EDIT: Found the problem, just need to get home tonight to fix it.

Alright, I've fixed that bug. Redownload the widget from the link in the OP (you only need to update the widget itself) and it should work. Thanks both of you for the bug report.